SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End time teaching of Elijah in the last days

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Tmk
I think the powers of the two witnesses are not literal in the sense that we know fire doesnt come out of peoples mouthes except when we are saying its"the word of God".
The witness is literal in the sense their will be a witness that lasts 1260 days.Whether that witness is just Two guys or Two guys and a structure could be debated but I would say its Two guys and a structure just like Elijah with the 12 stone structure and John with the 12 Apostle structure.They are counted as dying in a specific place at a specific time so I think they are literal.
You could look at that the other way also why would the AntiChrist make war if they werent literal either,
You have to remember also that the introduction of the Two Witnesses it mentions a structure the temple of God which includes the Church ,we are just grafted in .Its the gentiles are given the Outer Court(not of God) and they thread the Holy City.I think what he is saying here is similar to the Mt Carmel episode in the sense that anything that is within the trench(measured) is of God and acceptable and anything that is unmeasured and outside is not of God,
So you maybe right that the war is bigger than just the two people and the war maybe against the two people and the structure that goes with them,
urs staff

2017/6/23 11:29Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
God bless ur work,
urs staff

2017/6/23 11:30Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
Just one other thing to add to the list

The Bullock On Mt Carmel was the "evening Sacrifice" and So was Jesus I believe,
staff

2017/6/23 11:42Profile
docs

Re:

Rain rain won't go away so "Doc" is home for another day.

I don't think I want to deny everything you have said. You have made many good points in my opinion. I have heard some of it before but not in the depth you have gone into. I believe the two witnesses will be literal and I also believe in multiple fulfill.went of prophecy. I call it near/far fulfillment. There is a near fulfillment in the immediate life of the speaker of a prophecy yet many times there is a exhaustive and complete fulfillment in the eschatological future. The Bible abounds with this type of near/far fulfillment pattern. Like you I would rather approach prophecy etc. from a Hebrew perspective instead of the common western notion you find in many quarters that superior spiritual revelation in the New Testament has changed the meaning of many Old Testament prophecies. I'm all for the spiritual superiority of Christ but does that automatically mean many prophecies therefore don't really mean what they originally meant? I don't believe that.

Now, let me do a few things and get back to you in a bit.

2017/6/23 12:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Staff do you think 2 guys one of them literally Elijah will be walking around in sackcloth and turning rivers to blood and causing plagues etc. like in the Left Behind movie?

It's fine if you do I just want to make sure I understand your position.

But the idea of the two witnesses (a matter is confirmed by two witnesses) being symbolic of ministers professing the true gospel against the antichrist spirit across the centuries cannot be simply dismissed out of hand.

2017/6/23 12:32Profile

Re:

As far as I understand prophets never brought glory to themselves but to God. It could be the two prophets of Revelation will simply be unknown to us. But will certainly be used by God to be a pain in the backside of the Antichrist.

Okay something my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/23 14:26
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,
Yes I think that these Prophets will not bring glory to themselves which will be a marked difference to anyone who trys to come as a false Prophet.
I think their is a difference between being unknown and unnamed.We know who they are but we dont know thier names.
Its a bit like the rapture itself why did Jesus not say on day one of the tribulation this happens and on day two this happens and on the last day of the tribulation this happens in such a clear way that their couldnt be a debate about trib or any other part of the Revelation.He didnt but Revelation is the only book that you get a blessing from reading it, doesnt it say somewhere,
urs staff

2017/6/23 14:42Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Tmk,
In my previous post I confirmed that I didnt.
I did say I thought their would be two guys with a structure (literal)and that the powers were not literal (but could be dual) and they were powers with an effect.

Let me go further

Fire Proceeds:Can be only Symbolic refering to the word of God
Sackcloth: These Two guys are preaching repentance and are in mourning

Rivers into Blood:This one of the things Elijah did Literall y before but I think its not literal this time round

Plagues:This did happen literally before and the Apostles did have the power to punish physically as this word also means Strikes(as far as I remember).In the sense that the Apostles made someone blind for a season.

Power to shut up the skys:This did happen literally before with Elijah but I think this is not closing the skys to rain but closing the skys so their is no outpouring of the Spirit

Finally all of these powers are primarily not to be used against the world but are used to bring Gods people back in line with the word,
urs staff

2017/6/23 14:59Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lysa,Docs,Greg and interested

Look up Jacob Prasch The Spirit of Elijah July 12 2016 Andrew R

In this short 16 min video which I just looked at Prasch emphasises the Father family relationship and speaks about the breakdown of the family in modern society etc
It gives another perspective of Elijah coming again

Interesting he qoutes the scripture Elijah has come and WILL restore all things as a definite in the future (Not sure what bible version he is using)
So have a look and see that I am not the only one ......
I didnt post the link as I feel I would rather leave it up to urselves but I Think its a different Emphasises than me but very good all the same....
Let me know what you think,
urs staff

2017/6/23 19:19Profile
docs

Re:

Hi staff,

When I have said I don't agree with every type you have proposed I am not trying to refute that two witnesses will come in the spirit and power of Elijah. I believe they certainly will come whether actually Elijah or two similar like characters. I believe they will eventually be slain and will actually lie in the literal streets of a literal Jerusalem and they will be literally resurrected. So my not quite believing all the types presented is not the same as opposing the appearance of these two witnesses. I believe they will indeed come.

2017/6/24 10:40Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy