SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Revelation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 22:17-21 NASB

Revelation 22:17-21 NASB

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

COMMENT:

Verses 18-19 have a serious warning: that of adding to or subtracting from this book. The consequences are severe. Personally, I think one needs to be extremely careful in how we regard this final revelation of Jesus Christ sent by his Angel unto John. If we do not understand it, we must not discard it as irrelevant or ignore it but give it serious study, meditate on it. Casual perusal of the book won't cut it: it takes an open mind and a willingness to dig and meditate it about throughout the day when you have moments of idleness. There is great danger in resorting to other more 'learned' Bible scholars to interpret it for you. You will miss the joy of worshipping/admiring the awesomess of God which I suspect is the first step in gaining insight into this book. The details described herein far exceed what we imagine and so we are left gasping, asking why? If you persist you will learn and the basic point is, "REPENT, I am coming quickly." It promises ones' access to the water of Life without cost, if only you will "Come". How much simplier can it be? Miss that, you have missed it all.

In any case, life will not return to a Garden of Eden until the end. Don't let anyone fool you into believeing man can usher in the millenium; it can not be done with diplomacy, either. It will require a divine intervention at great cost to the natural, political world as we know it.

No doubt more could have been said, but am bring this to a close. Not sure if I will add any more in the next few weeks as we are leaving and be gone for a while - have to be back by Oct. 1. To access the web will require a trip to town where there is free wifi so I have no idea about the frequency of accessing the web.

God bless you all - this has been a growing experience for me in sharing insights into Revelation. Knowing how the Holy Spirit works I know he will give me more in time to come and then I will wonder how I missed it before. But that is ok - the book is alive like none other.

Sandra

2017/8/7 10:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Revelation 22:17-21 NASB

Thanks Sandra I have enjoyed your insights.

2017/8/7 11:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy