SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Revelation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Revelation 21:27 NASB

"but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life; who are predestinated to eternal life; and though they are naturally, and in themselves defiled and sinful creatures, yet they are justified by the righteousness of Christ, and sanctified by his Spirit, and so are made meet and fit to enter this city; "

Gill's Commentary

2017/7/17 18:50Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Revelation 21:27 NASB

Great thought Ginnyrose:

Consider:
1. Priests were scattered throughout the country, did not have a section of land like the other tribes.

2. They were the conscience in their community.

3. They were the intercessors before God for their people.

4. They lived under restrictions far more limited then the general population.

5. They were knowledgeable of diseases - could determine when one was unclean or healed of an infirmity.

6. They were to be pure and holy.

There may be others points one could list, but does this not sound like like a precursor to the Sermon on the Mount?

This is what Believers are called to. Sobering - especially more so when one studies the life, purpose of a priest in Jewish society.

2017/7/18 15:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Todd,

Maybe the thermostat is not turned as high...??? I do not know the answer. All I know is that I do not want to go there and I suspect all people who actually understand a bit the degree of horror would not either. What are your thoughts?

I have another question: can the spirit or soul of man be anniliated? Some people believe in anniliation for those going to hell. While I want to believe this to be true Scripture says otherwise so I am compelled to believe it. In defense of eternal punishment I got to wondering if the spirit can be killed.

Any thoughts anyone?

Sandra

PS: I am posting from my iPhone because we have been without internet since Tuesday- plan to have the connections restored on Tuesday. I do not care to use the phone to post, hence my absence.

2017/7/21 11:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I have another question: can the spirit or soul of man be anniliated? Some people believe in anniliation for those going to hell. While I want to believe this to be true Scripture says otherwise so I am compelled to believe it. In defense of eternal punishment I got to wondering if the spirit can be killed.//

What about this scripture:

1 Timothy 6:15-16 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, ***who alone has immortality***, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

That is why the actual name of the annihilation view is "conditional immortality." This means God is able to grant immortality(eternal life) to those who repent and believe. Those who do not are not granted immortality(they failed to meet the conditions) can be snuffed out at the appropriate time.

2017/7/21 12:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Revelation 21: 18-21 NASB

Revelation 21:18-21 NASB

18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.

19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;

20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

COMMENT:

I look at these precious stones that are used in the wall's construction but ignorance blinds me to the magnificence of it. I checked it out online and as I did so, I was awed with the colors. I have seen gemstones but as I studied what this may have looked like, I am left in awe - a lot like seeing the Ark at Williansville, KY. Someone can tell you the Ark was so long, from here to that post and over there to here but to see this distance walled in is a totally different experience - totally magnificent. Absolutely. Totally. It leaves one speechless. This is the sense I get I get when I imagine what the New Jerusalem's' structure looks like.

Then I notice the walls were made of Jasper. This gemstones' color red occurs because of the presence of iron. Don't know if this has any significance - am not given to types and shadows like some - but when I read this I was reminded how Jesus shed his red blood because of the intrusion of the spear, thorns and nails (made of iron, I suppose). I wondered if this wall's colors has any significance ..

Then the gates are made of pearl. Pearls occur in oysters because of an injury where the body will heal over it and thus a pearl is formed.

We see the wall of the New Jerusalem walled in by the blood of Jesus and the only way to enter it is by the gates that symbolize the piercing of Jesus' body that was healed over.

Never noticed this before but think it is interesting; but more so the structure itself - this provides a lot of food for the imagination, keep it busy for a while to visualize it.

Sandra

PS: Our internet connection went kaput - hence my absence - but now we are up and running but we are leaving for the weekend to celebrate our 50 years of marriage (married 9-3-1967) with our children so may not get online until next week...will see. God bless.

2017/7/26 8:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Happy Anniversary! A great milestone to be sure.

Are you open to the the possibility that the New Jerusalem is not a literal cubed city?

2017/7/26 8:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

"This is what Believers are called to. Sobering - especially more so when one studies the life, purpose of a priest in Jewish society."

Exactly. This is why I love studying the OT law.

The OT law also teaches one so much about the the practical aspects of living as well. For example, body wastes were to be buried - one had to carry a tool to dig a hole where one could relieve himself and then cover up the deposit. Clean. Sanitary. Looks to me like the Jews were ahead of their time. Hey! in many countries this principle is not followed.

So much to learn from the OT law if one were just to dig...in digging one learns how many things we do as a matter of course but do not realize it.

Sandra

2017/7/26 8:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 21:1 NASB

Revelation 21:1

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

COMMENT:

As I reread chapter 21, thinking I have not exhausted it - and who can?- the concept of "all things new" grabbed my attention so I got to looking at this chapter and noted all the things that are new, things that operate differently then we are accustomed to, and the building materials used in the structure of the new city Jerusalem.

Consider:
1. Thde brilliance of the city Jerusalem, v.11, crystal-clear jasper.

2. The foundation stones consisted of gemstones found on earth also, but are scarce/rare. These stones are the foundation of a city that is 1500 miles square! Imagine THAT, if you can.

3.Its wall was 75 yards - thick? I suspect. If so, imagine the volumne of these gems that are used in the foundation!! Boggles the imagination, does it not?

4.The gates consisted of ONE pearl. The pearls we know of are small. Here you have large gates made of a pearl! (And did you know pearls result when an oyster is injured and it heals over? Amazing. Jesus was injured and it healed over and the only way into the city is by this injury that was healed over..)

5. The streets are made of transpaent gold. Now, I think if gold was that thin it would break, but it said the streets are made of it - and streets are made to handle traffic. Amazing! (A scoffer of one who downplayed the description here declared he thinks he would get tired walking on gold streets! He might be lucky just to have the privilege of walking on them.)

6. No need of a sun. Hmmm. We have a sun and its brightness prevents a body from gazing directly at it lest it damages the eyes. Light penetrates everything. Here it says the Lamb is the light - he penetrates everything there. Different....interesting.

7. No night. Can you imagine? Won't people get tired, needing a time of rest? Darkness forces people to rest. Maybe in heaven one would not get tired or maybe there will be no stress that will tire a body...

8. It also mentions the marriage supper of the Lamb, implying a meal to be consumed by the saints. I had to wonder about that - in chapter 22:2 it mentions fruit that implies will be eaten. Today when one eats there is waste - the body absorbs the food and the residue is eliminated via the digestive system. Under OT law body wastes were to be buried, was considered unclean. If a body eats in heaven how will the body eliminate the waste? In mulling over this question I concluded the body may be designed to absorb every component in the food prepared in which there will be no waste. Now, I think that would be very nice!

9. And nothing unclean, or abomination or lying will ever be there. YES! Love that. Filth, perverts, lying - not knowing who you can trust anymore - will NOT be there.

How well could you live with such perfection and beauty?

Sandra

2017/8/2 10:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 22: 8 NASB

Revelation 22: 8 NASB

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

COMMENT:

Today I want to focus on angels.

Ever since I was a child and had heard of angels I was enthralled with angels, their ministry to the children of God. All throughout this book of Revelation we learn this revelation to John was given by an angel. The working of implementing future events was with the cooperation of angels fulfilling the jobs assigned to them.

Notice the humility as displayed here in verse eight:

1.Is a severent of John and the prophets
2.Is a servant of those who heed the Words of this book.
3. Does not accept worship but directs man to worship God.

WOW! and Well...!

So, if you are interested in being the recipients of the ministrations of angels you need to heed the words of this Book! Can't get any simiplier then that, can we.

When one does a study of the entire Bible focusing on the nature, the work of angels we read how this is absolutely true. I think if one were to do an indepth study on the ministry of angels it should work as a great motivator to be faithful in ones walk with the LORD Jesus. But it requires obedience. How many are willing to pay the pric?

Sandra

2017/8/3 12:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Revelation 22: 11 NASB

Revelation 22:11 NASB

11 “Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”

COMMENT:

I find this verse a tad bit sad on the one hand and comforting on the other.

Sad: that people can be so hardened and when warned about the catastrophic events that are to occur it will not move them to repentence, having no fear of God in their heart and soul.

Comforting: Hang in there - a reward is coming. The reward will be awesome, it will far exceed ones expectations.

Knowing this is the reality, we should not be shocked when people refuse to hear and take heed. When we look at what happened in the Garden of Eden to people who physically saw God, communed with Him daily but still disobeyed why should we be surprised?

God is in control and we do well to not play God in these matters. He knows things we do not know and will work accordingly, thank the LORD!

Sandra

2017/8/4 12:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy