SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "The Shack" movie

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Here's a review of "The Shack" film from ChristianAnswers.net:

http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2017/shack2017.html

2017/3/11 13:34
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Are we going to rip apart the movie hacksaw ridge. That was a true story. My question is. How many of you would have had the guts to do? What this brother did in the movie?

Bro Blaine

My point in bring up 'hacksaw ridge' was not to say it was wrong but that if the Adventists were pro active in giving out the book for free with a subtle direction to bring people to their church why are Christians not doing the same thing in bring literature about 'The Shack' warning of its heresy and what the bible has to say of it?

2017/3/11 13:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rbanks said.. "I just know what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me concerning these last days on how so many will be deceived in the name of Love".

The Bible tells us plenty about deception, we have all been deceived in life at some point. "Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ". Colossians 2:8

My guess if you have never been deceived, your a rare person, and lived a rare life, but being deceived and living in deception is two different things. Yes we should try our best to avoid all deception, but I'm guessing most of us have grown wiser by past deceptions.

Just because someone that has never received any feedback on the movie, and went and watched it, doesn't mean they went looking to be deceived. Maybe just maybe, some learned something from the movie, or felt it had parts that Blessed them. If you think you can walk through this life and not be deceived at all, I want to follow you. There are millions of ways to be deceived, and has always been, but as I said deception makes us wiser, and to go to God if we're not sure of something.

2017/3/11 14:14Profile

Re: John

Re: Reply To This Post |
Quote:

Are we going to rip apart the movie hacksaw ridge. That was a true story. My question is. How many of you would have had the guts to do? What this brother did in the movie?

Bro Blaine

My point in bring up 'hacksaw ridge' was not to say it was wrong but that if the Adventists were pro active in giving out the book for free with a subtle direction to bring people to their church why are Christians not doing the same thing in bring literature about 'The Shack' warning of its heresy and what the bible has to say of it?

My apologies, brother. I do not get the full intent of your post. I was quick to judge before I listenEd

Bro Blaine

2017/3/11 14:16
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good post Mr. Bear, if Adam would have never eaten the forbidden fruit, we would be having this conversation, right? As a result, the Bible says, “Sin entered the world through one man … and in this way death came to all men” (Romans 5:12). So can we blame all our faults/sins on Adam?

2017/3/11 14:48Profile

Re: Mr Bill

Btother, I saw the movie and the apocalypse did not happen.

Blaine

2017/3/11 15:10

Re: The Minority Report

Brethren, i saw the movie. As I told brother Bill, the apocalypse did not happen.😊 I could find no fault with the movie. It is the story of a man who is overwhelmed by the redemptive love of God. It is a story of a man who finds redemptive healing.

So God appears to McKenzie as an African American woman. Many in this forum cannot handle that. But then I pray for Muslims who are experiencing Jesus as the Man in White. Many in this forum cannot handle that.

The movie and the book are fiction. Yet it portrays the story of a man who has a vision of God. He experiences love and healing. The forum rejects this. I could share with you true stories from the mission field where Muslims are experiencing Jesus in ways that we cannot fathom. These Muslims are experiencing Jesus. These Muslims are experiencing his love and forgiveness and healing. But I dare say that many in the forum will reject these stories.

But a natural man does not accept the things of the, Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised... 1 Corinthians 2:14.

This is the minority report.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/11 15:26

Re:

Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these teachings were true.
"the Bereans have long been seen as a positive example of how a person or community should respond to biblical teaching. We are called to eagerly learn from God’s Word and, no matter who the teacher is, to investigate new teaching in comparison with the Bible. The practice of the ancient Bereans is a model for all who desire to grow spiritually today." (from gotquestions.org)

Here is our problem, we use different foundations.
The Bereans only had Scripture as the foundation for their faith.
If Scripture is our only foundation (Sola scriptura) then we would not even have a discussion about such novels.

God has given us His perfect Word. In it we find everything we need to know, by asking seeking and searching and by the power of the HS.

If we start to read novels to find our answers then we are on sinking ground. And as we can see now, such novels do not promote unity, to put it mildly, they are not of God.

May we all discover afresh His Holy Word and the power of the Holy Spirit to help us and guide us.

That's it from me - blessings !

2017/3/11 15:45
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote: "So God appears to McKenzie as an African American woman. Many in this forum cannot handle that. But then I pray for Muslims who are experiencing Jesus as the Man in White. Many in this forum cannot handle that."

Bearmaster, you can't see the contradiction in your own argumrnt here? So when Jesus appers to those Muslim, he appears as a man in white.....however we see that that very same Jesus as a man in white in the bible, in the book of Revelation. So what would you say if if Jesus appears to Muslims as a African American woman? And how would they relate her to the God of the bible? The two are not comparable. One does not endorse the other! If you can't see that, there there really is no discernment.

You just ignore the facts and all the evidence that folk have presented here about the author's doctrinal views and it seems you had already predetermined to endorse the movie. That's up to you, but don't be surprised at the reaction you are getting here by those who uphold the integrity of the biblical revelation of God.

You have set up yet another 'straw man' to endorse your opinion, using Muslims coming to Christ in possible legitimate ways to somehow relate that to this dodgy film. Then you say those who cannot accept it are not spiritual. You may be 'spiritual', but what 'spirit' is it? If it denies the Christ of the bible it is not the 'spirit of Christ, but another spirit!

I have seen interviews that the author has given to explaine some of his views and when questioned by a sympathetic host he just dances around the edges of universalism, the bible as the word of God etc, not wanting to endorse sound doctrine. He came across to me as someone who has departed from orthodox theology concerning the nature of God, salvation and the scriptures and is promoting his opinions in a cloak of confusion and deceipt.

2017/3/11 16:20Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

So on the basis of bearmaster assertion that if one cannot accept that Jesus can appear as a black woman, it is because they are not spiritual, therefore it would be logical to sccept that when Mormans tell us Joseph Smith met an angel who revealed golden tablets to him it must be true, if we are spiritual we would accept that! After all they know this is true because they have a 'burning in their bossom', they have the witness of the 'spirit'!!

2017/3/11 16:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy