SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is happening beneath the headcovering?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Greg,
You also seem to be missing my point. I don't mind if a woman covers or doesn't cover, let her convictions decide. And if she is a part of a covering local assembly let her comply with the practice there.

The ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE WHOLE THREAD/ISSUE...

...is telling women who do not agree with your doctrine that they are disobedient and sinful.

And then to tell the husbands that don't agree with their doctrine that they will have a millstone hung around their neck and cast into the sea.

You seem to be defending Sree for saying these things? If so then I guess I don't know you as well as I thought.

2016/11/24 11:09

Re:

What about women who die their hair? That's a covering right? Or should the entire head of hair be covered in an opaque material so that no hair is seen?
What's missing here?

2016/11/24 11:18
Sree

Re:

Quote:
But all they would have to do would be to cover and then they would receive Gods grace to become submissive. But if they didn't cover it would be ok because it's not really sin.

I never ever said this. In fact I have said the opposite that there are sisters who cover their head and still do not have a submissive spirit. Anyone who reads my posts here will agree with me on this. You seem to have a preconceived notion about me and those who believe head covering as a command of God. You try to put words in their lips by questioning about salvation of those who do not cover their head.

Salvation belongs to God, no one can judge the state of salvation of others with respect to any external sign. I believe you know this very well. Then why are you questioning me with respect to salvation? I find these questions very similar to Sadducees who questioned Jesus about resurrection when they themselves did not believe in one. So none of the answers Jesus gave will ever make any sense to them.

The reason I did not answer many of your questions is, I do not believe they are asked in teachable spirit.

I think it is better we put this discussion to rest. I do not believe my stand here is legalistic. In front of God I can testify that I am totally comfortable to fellowship with sisters in my church who do not cover their head. A legalistic person will not be able to say so.

2016/11/24 14:13Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Sree,

You wrote just a few pages back...

"It is my personal observation that I have never come across a sister who does not cover her head but having a gentle and meek submitting spirit. I have seen sisters who cover their head but do not have a real gentle submitting spirit but I have not seen the vice versa. I am not saying there is no sister like that. But I am yet to see one."

Can I appeal to you as a brother. There seems to be a lot to misunderstand in what you have written and what you think you have written. Maybe it is down to your English or lack of checking what you write, but it is not clear what you said above is what you claim you did not say. Maybe you should clarify this statement as it is written in a confusing way using double negatives, etc.

Please don't accuse poeple of being pharisees because they misunderstand you, when it is possible the fault may be with how you write.

2016/11/24 14:34Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Don't know Dave but will be doing a bit more studying on this.

Maybe the Greek scholars among us can clarify.

Blessings,

2016/11/24 15:09Profile

Re:

brother Sree,
Sorry to hold your feet to the fire like this but perhaps there are some older brothers here you could learn from?

You said:
"But the real danger is for those men who teach the little ones to disobey the God's command and there by causing them to stumble. It is better for them to tie a mile stone and jump into a well. If these words sound harsh then please blame Jesus!"

That sounds very much as if you are damning these husbands who tell their wives its okay if they do not cover their heads...to hell because that is exactly what Jesus meant.

2016/11/24 15:10
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And then to tell the husbands that don't agree with their doctrine that they will have a millstone hung around their neck and cast into the sea.

You seem to be defending Sree for saying these things? If so then I guess I don't know you as well as I thought.

I said in an earlier post: "Towards it being sin, I would think it would only be sin for a sister who is convicted by the Holy Spirit to obey this Scripture and she denies it knowing God wants her to."

So to re-word it, it is not sinful or wrong if a sister does not have light and does not feel an urging of the Holy Spirit in her personal relationship with God. I hold no sister to have to wear headcovering apart from this.

But I would share it in a local setting if the scripture arose in discussions and from time to time on the forums here.

What I think Sreeram is saying is that if someone feels it is "bad" to have headcovering and speaks against it and convinces other sisters and young people to "not" wear it then that could be going against God's will and potentially be sinful to do.

Paul the Apostle himself leaves the sisters and brothers to a freedom but says that we do not have any other practice or such custom. The Majority of Christian believers from all sects and remnant groupings held to this also mostly not "forcing" but the elders and leaders teaching it as the Biblical custom. We should NOT go beyond this and force or speak down on sisters that do not wear a head covering.

To me it is the same on many other issues, I can have grace on a divorced and married couple but once they go and start encouraging everyone to divorce and then remarry that can become sinful and cause problems.

2016/11/24 15:46Profile

Re:

brother Sree,
"Anyone who reads my posts here will agree with me on this. You seem to have a preconceived notion about me and those who believe head covering as a command of God."

Not, not at all. I have no preconceived ideas at all I am only commenting and holding you to your own words. Maybe you are not aware of the way your words are coming across?

2016/11/24 15:48
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I do not know what is the fuzz about this all.
If you are willing to obey this commandment of scripture it is plain and simple.
If you do not want obey it even the brightest theologian and Greek scholars will get confused about it.

I pray that our dear sister Sherri who raised an honest question will not get confused when she reads through this blog.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

2016/11/24 16:50Profile
proudpapa

I would encourage each individual to set aside all preconcieved views, set aside what your favorite preacher told you. ((Set aside church tradition)) ((set aside the commentaries )) ((set aside your circles view))
"And prayerfully and carefully study the text.
Believe what is written and be willing to change your view on the subject.
Keep in mind the over all theme of 1 Cor. that started in chapter 1.
Pay attention to the theme of the previous chapter.
Pay very close attention to the word "But" in verse 3.
Pay very close attention to what the heads are.

And use a literal translation and use a concordance and do a word study on words such as : exousia ((But do not use a commentary))

and when you come to a portion which is to difficult to understand quiet your mind and remember :
"..the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you.."

And seek a Break through from the Lord on the Text and do so with your spouse."

If you have not done the above I would encourage you not to
belabor your view and if you have done so I believe that you will not try to belabor your point but seek rather to get others to have a break through of the Text for themselves.

2016/11/24 16:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy