SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Sobering Warning...Only a Few Will Heed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Why all the piling on brother Blaine? He has the right to express his viewpoint in this forum. Some of you are very sarcastic towards him.

Amos 5: 18-20

18 Alas for you who desire the day of the Lord!
Why do you want the day of the Lord?
It is darkness, not light;

19 as if someone fled from a lion,
and was met by a bear;
or went into the house and rested a hand against the wall,
and was bitten by a snake.

20 Is not the day of the Lord darkness, not light,
and gloom with no brightness in it?

2016/11/14 18:51
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Frank- bear has to be able to take some piling on when he makes statements like this: "Forum you have gotten Donald Trump. You will rejoice with his victory. Yes you have denied Hillary Clinton the presidency. But I am afraid you have lost your right to reign with Jesus in heaven."

2016/11/14 19:33Profile

Re: FrankLira

Brother to speak out against their political ruler that they have chosen is the unpardonable sin in this forum. But then I am reminded of the words of Jesus in Luke 6:26,

...Woe to you when men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way...

Jesus also said a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. In this case I take the household to be the spiritual household.

-bbs-

2016/11/14 21:32
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bear, can I ask you a personal question? are you getting any kind of help from the government, other than just SS if your old enough to draw SS? Of course you know you don't have to answer this question, but I'm just trying to figure out your reasoning, on why your so adamant in your support of a liar and a crook, something is just fishy here. If you don't want to answer the question, that's fine, but could you please tell us why you support her, so maybe we will better understand we're your coming from, please help us out a little here.

2016/11/14 22:15Profile

Re: Mr. Bill

The only one I have allegiance to the Lord Jesus Christ. For He has said my kingdom is not of this world. This world by extension is a playground of Satan. Governments by extension are of Satan. So God does use government for his own ends. But I did not participate in the political process as it is a domain of Satan. God did not call me to vote Republican or demovmcrat.The Lord has called me to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and make disciples.

Mr. Bill you and others look at the evil of Hillary Rodham Clinton. I did not despute that. But you and others seem to think that Donald Trump walks on water. He is saying things that evangelicals want to hear. Yet evangelicals fail to look at his character which I assure you is far from Christ centered. We are talking of a man who is foul mouth. We are talking of a man who is prideful. We are talking of a man who boast in his sins of numerous extramarital affairs. We are talking of a man who does not honor the marriage covenant. We are talking of a man who loves money more than anything else. And yet evangelicals are saying this is God's anointed. This is God's choice in this election. On that I would say, give me a break.

By the way one of the neanings of the word "trump" means to decieve. Very appropiate.

-bbs-

2016/11/14 22:26
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bear, I don't think Trump walks on water, matter fact I did not vote period. In my opinion there were two candidates, Crooked and Crazy so not to have any regrets I did not vote. You chose not to answer my question but by not answering it, you really answered it. I have no dog in this fight, all I wanted to know is why Clinton was your choice, and all you told me was I think Trump walks on water, your avoiding a simple question for some odd reason.

You said "We are talking of a man who is foul mouth. We are talking of a man who is prideful. We are talking of a man who boast in his sins of numerous extramarital affairs. We are talking of a man who does not honor the marriage covenant. We are talking of a man who loves money more than anything else" You could say the exact same thing about Hillary, except it was her husband with the extra marital affairs and disgraced the White House, but I guess that don't matter.

2016/11/14 22:48Profile

Re: Mr.Bill

Bill I would have thought you would have known the answer to my question when I said my allegiance is to Jesus Christ. I have not voted in the last 15 years. My convictions are Anabaptist. My citizenship is in the Heavenly Kingdom. My participation in the citizenship of this country is to obey the laws provided they did not conflict with the higher law of the Gospel. And to pray for the governmental leaders. Yes that includes Barack Obama. Yes that will also include president-elect Donald Trump.

By the way I am drawing from Social Security Disability for statutory blindness. I have paid into the system consequently I am drawing it. I am also drawing a modest small retirement from the state of Arkansas. I also work part-time setting up seminars. I might add that out of my income which is about $1,300 a month I'm taking care of two other people in my house who have no means. So if you think that my opposition to Donald Trump is based on any entitlement programs then you are mistaken. My opposition to Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama is based on my allegiance to Christ.

I hope this answers your questions.

-bbs-

2016/11/15 6:21
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I have never understood the reasoning of why a christian must vote for a christian. Generally, an informed voter votes for platforms, not a person.

And if anyone thinks Trump is the only president with a foul mouth in our history, you are pretty naive.

If I really needed a good surgeon, I'd likely go to a foul-mouthed excellent one rather than an average clean mouthed one.

2016/11/15 6:24Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

My strongly held convictions align with Blaine's. He speaks for himself and does not need a defense. His heart is, IMO, in a good place on this. When I read his remarks, I hear a man in a deep and holy frustration with this world. I hear a man who, as a human and a redeemed man, groans with the rest of the creation in earnest expectation of the revelation of the sons of God.

There are times when he wants to stand in the square and cry out to men about God and to cry out to God for men, I think. I think so because I feel that way and, well, I suppose many who God deals with in this way are of a similar frame.

Before this election, it occurred to me that a Trump win would not be met with the same prostration of heart and self before God that the church here must have in order to be revived. Who knows what a Clinton presidency would have been responsible for --- and honestly I think the anger of leftists and millenials here now is similar to the spirit of the church here had she won. Of course, we don't know that for sure. I do not think -- and this is where I might have a differing perspective than our brother bearmaster -- a Clinton presidency would have been any better for the church in terms of spiritual awakening, awareness of sin, or a genuine turning to God. I happen to think a Clinton win would have been met with the same syrupy, superficial rhetorical "turn to God" as any other temporal crisis has produced. Even 9/11 saw a massive public acknowledgement of Him but in no way did we "turn to God". The most surface-only appearance of fruitfulness would have occurred with a Clinton win.

Here, with a Trump win, the American so-called evangelical church gets what it wants and still is found wanting. It is thin ice. But, it is God who justifies. By that I just mean that He is perfectly right to hand us what we ask for and then use it to let us dance freely into Korah's pit. At least by our own fall some may be brought to a genuine fear of God that brings repentance.

So, the vote is irrelevant. Vote or not vote. It is where the heart finds a repository of God's entrustment of Himself that is at issue. Christians in America love our government. It is romanticized. It is idealized. It has legend and fantasy surrounding it. It holds a mystical quality. It is more than a machine of men performing roles. It is a faith. It is a religion. It has a god -- power. That love of government, that mixture, is the sin of the church here in large part. The awareness of many other things about itself that comes with this particular awareness is where the hope of repentance begins. But, more than a small scale spotty and sparse awakening? I have to agree with Blaine that I just do not see it.

2016/11/15 8:11Profile

Re:

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS"

Ignoring this advice is how you end up with ridiculous threads like this that cause division and strife. SI forums are going down the gurgler if this is passed as sanity? Not sure what happened but brother Greg you should put aside your personal feelings for people and shut this sort of nonsense down way before it gets to the stage where people are told they will not see heaven because they voted for a particular person in an election. Sad day for SI.

2016/11/15 16:39

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy