SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want to be a top poster!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Modivark:

I percieve that no matter what is said or done on this site, you will find fault with it....... :-?

Happy to be of help....Greg

2005/6/4 12:47Profile
modivarch

Re:

Quote:
crsschk - Perhaps I missed the intent of your conerns here and jumped to conclusions, but the way you framed this...

Yes, maybe, but my concern wasn't well stated either. You were right about the snide comment. Horrible way of saying something and I've regreted it all day. Usually by trying to justify it, then realizing I'm justifying it, then a breaking of pride to admit it was wrong.

My concern is the good people that I have talked to that have stopped coming here because of the elitist attitude of some posters. And these posters tend to be in the "top echelon" as far as number of posts. I don't post often, but I have been coming here for quite awhile. I would really enjoy having a community of people to discuss questions with of which I have alot as most people do.

2005/6/4 13:26Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: If you're looking...

I have this foolish notion that whenever we see a speck in someone else's eye, it's because we have a plank made of the same material lodged into ours. I have found it to be painfully true in my life many times over.

There's a story...can't remember how it goes exactly, but hopefully we'll all get the point.

There was a man who came to a town looking for a place to live and set up shop. He talked to one group of people asking them what it was like where they lived. They talked about their concerns with the crime that was so rampant, how nobody was neighborly, especially those 'up on the hill', etc...
He went to the other side of town and talked to the people he met there and they couldn't stop talking how everyone was so concerned about watching out for each other, everyone was so nice and neighborly, how there couldn't possibly be a greater place to live.

The conclusion he came to...If you're looking for it, you're going to find it.

p.s. I know some of the 'elitists' here personally and have had them stay in my home. I think they would be the first to stand up and argue that point. ;-) On second thought...they would probably go and search their heart along with the word and see whether these things be so... :-)

2005/6/4 14:24Profile
Spitfire

Re: the point of counting

Hi Modi. I've noticed several forums do the counting and ranking thing. Ya'll are gonna laugh at this, but I just joined a squirrel dog forum because we just got a puppy. They use the ranking system and you should see the way they do it. It's hillarious! Check it out. www.sqdog.com/forums . This is so funny. They call someone new "just whelped". Love, Dian.

2005/6/4 18:38Profile
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re:

Quote:
My concern is the good people that I have talked to that have stopped coming here because of the elitist attitude of some posters. And these posters tend to be in the "top echelon" as far as number of posts.

I don't know how this observation came about.:-? Like many here, I read the posts here, too, for more than a year now and I haven't found (still don't) any evidence of "elitism" among the "top echelon" There might have been strong disagreements of beliefs, yes, and intense fellowship, so to speak but I believe this is one good place for us to know whether we can handle or deal with righteously those who intensely oppose us. Truth sometimes offends, but indeed faithful are the wounds of a friend.

2005/6/4 22:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Blind side

Hi modivarch,

Am humbled by your humility and, this:

Quote:
My concern is the good people that I have talked to that have stopped coming here because of the elitist attitude of some posters. And these posters tend to be in the "top echelon" as far as number of posts. I don't post often, but I have been coming here for quite awhile. I would really enjoy having a community of people to discuss questions with of which I have a lot as most people do.

Ah, the first part ... there have been a few saints that sadly we see no longer and it just tears at the soul, that have stopped coming for any reason, be it because of divisiveness, haughtiness, pride or those bringing an agenda, and even this that you mention, an 'elitist attitude', that is very disturbing if that is being portrayed even if unintentionally. Misunderstandings abound and to clarify and humble ourselves, have patience with each other as well as to search out the site and get a feel here, generally speaking...

But for all that, do hope that those who may see or hear things that are contrary or lending towards that perception you mentioned would point it out, there are a lot of blind sides that we all can miss and just dealing with the flow of posts and topics, new brethren coming in, the attempts to keep the unity of the Spirit amongst so much, the failing attempts to direct things somewhat towards the thrust of this ministry, revival and the deep searching truths of Gods word ... Personally, it gets overwhelming at times and surely know that I can be off and not even know it instantly. Please do point it out.

This is Greg Gordon's site and believe that it is Gods working in and through him that has brought it to bear, to bring forth all these classic men of God and that it is by prayer that this forum has gone on as long as it has without disintegrating or turning to a form of cannibalism.

Thanks brother.

2005/6/4 23:03Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Like many here, I read the posts here, too, for more than a year now and I haven't found (still don't) any evidence of "elitism" among the "top echelon" There might have been strong disagreements of beliefs, yes, and intense fellowship, so to speak but I believe this is one good place for us to know whether we can handle or deal with righteously those who intensely oppose us. [b]Truth sometimes offends, but indeed faithful are the wounds of a friend.[/b]

This has got to be one of the best comments I've read since I've been here. Anyone observing the forums in this place needs to read and understand this comment, before forming any opinions. At the end of the day, we all bring our preconceived ideas of how things are meant to be, into this place, but the truly beautiful thing about this place, is that we are allowed to disagree, while maintaining unity. The real difference between those who have many "stars", and few, is that those with many are prepared to look stupid, while airing their views, while those with few, are often too afraid to stick around, when their views are challenged.

Personally, I pay more attention to the date joined. Those who have been around long, and yet post little, display an incredible discipline that all could learn from (note that their is no recognition for those...sounds alot like the way God runs His kingdom;-))

The prerequisite of a learner (aka, disciple) is the eagerness (not to be mistaken for willingness) to see where they are wrong. Without this, we claim to have nothing to learn.

2005/6/5 0:10Profile

Re: to the brethren....

Please be mindful of vain disputes.....

2005/6/5 8:07
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I can remember a day when I was on the top poster list!!!! woe is me!!!!!!!!!!! But actually I'm glad, cuz my time was filled with other things the Lord has been doing in my life. SI has been a great blessing over the last couple years. Having been introduced to the likes of Leonard Ravenhill by a close friend at school led me to this site, and being introduced to Ravenhill brought me to study the lives and listen to the burdens of men like AW Tozer, Keith Green, David Wilkerson, John Wesley, George Muller, George Whitefield, Paris Reidhead, Keith Daniels, DL Moody, and countless others. All who have greatly shaped my devotional life and theological development, especially at the practical level. Best of all, the SI forums had great people with a greater appreciation and knowledge of these individuals, who were also likewise to help me seek more folks like this out, and to pray for me, etc.

Sadly I've not posted as much over the last couple months, and will probably be even posting less and less and listening to fewer and fewer sermons. SI is like one of many people God has brought into my life for a certain season to help me grow in a certain area, and then when that has been accomplished, causes me to move on and brings other people into my life to help me in the next stage. I still would like to dive into the depths of several speakers on this site (I have neglected Tozer too much), but since I originally came here to listen to Ravenhill, I listened to most of his sermons since, and feel that I've gotten out of him about all I can get (though it is still great to be refreshed from time to time).

God bless

2005/6/5 8:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: ....

Quote:
Please be mindful of vain disputes.....

Lahry, we ought to make that into a banner over all of this here...

KJ, brother hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way as you have blessed many here over this duration and this is generally speaking... But it can lend itself to a particular problem that keeps rearing it's ugly head, that this all gets "used" and frankly [i]abused[/i].

This tremendous resource, given freely, all these messages, somebody had to put in the plumbing, do all the leg work. It is a rare thing to bring up the matter of support, financially, more often prayer... And even this very forum often times is just taken for granted that an anything goes approach without question, 'do what I want', 'say what I want', a quick hand wave to concerns of others, lack of interest in anything other than a particular bent that is felt must be fostered on everyone. A barging through the doors, just pure disregard for the history that is here or even a want of searching it out to get a feel for or getting to know the members that have long been sharing here. It's just abusive and rude and the wonder of wonders, that from those who ought to know better. All that to just say, is it all 'take' and no give? A forum to allow one to express and discuss and share, or is it to pontificate a 'teaching', 'my ministry' or whatever else of even an unintentional agenda.

What ever happened to plain old fashioned manners...

2005/6/5 10:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy