SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"A few hundred years ago tens of thousands of saints were killed for standing up for the truth that infant baptism was wrong. Millions found themselves at the hands of the torturers because they refused to acknowledge that a piece of bread was Jesus."

And the persecutors in this case were "Christians" - the established church that acted with the approval of civil authorities. I also suspect it will not be any different for us in the future, or now, either. It does make me wonder how many of these civil servants today are working at the behest of some religious organization normally called "church".

Sandra

2016/10/30 19:40Profile

Re:

Hi Sandra,

It will undoubtedly be the religious folks working hand in hand with the state that will persecute the saints........bro Frank

2016/10/31 9:19
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

"It has to be clear that there is no answer in politics, God is clearly showing this to true believers. We need to obey God and His kingdom and not worry as much about the kingdoms of men that are faltering and will all oppose sons of light in the end."

I disagree. Politics is the shaping of our day to day interpersonal relations, how we help one another, how we restrain one another, how we protect human life, and how we take it away. The very giving of the law by God is political in nature, and the great command of Jesus that we treat others as we would have them treat us is an unabashed political ideal. As a Christian, I believe it is my moral duty to do what I can politically to preserve a culture where my fellow earthlings are able to do unto others as they would like people to do for them.

Part of that is actively opposing criminal persons in pursuit of high office. I love that simple verse, "Righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach on any people." Testimony from around the world has been that people living in distant countries have actually fared better under their various governments when America (USA) was strong and gave at least the general appearance of being righteous. Our current departure from that righteousness has been a curse on the whole world, we are no longer trusted or admired, rather we are scorned and held in contempt.

All of this is political in nature, and a call to Christians to mix some politics into their spiritual walk. "If My people, who are called by My Name will humble themselves, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and come heal their land." That is both political and spiritual.

Just do it. Show yourself both humble and wise in your speaking and writing, that Jesus Christ is not only your Savior after you die, but the wise and living guide to your life... and the lives of your progeny- the ones who will live in the political realities you bequeath unto them.

Rant over. Back to Facebook where I enjoy tangling with fools on a daily basis, missing my co-conspirator Mark McCourt...!

2016/11/5 22:38Profile

Re:

Oh wow brother Tom, well said and I 100% agree with you and so glad you took the time to make this statement.

I think maybe my time away from facebook is coming to an end. I may see you on there soon...just not sure I am in the mood to spar with anyone though lol.

Much love to you brother Tom, glad you are back on SI.

2016/11/6 1:27
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Thank you, Awakened, for the kind words.

I have been absorbed in other things of late, particularly in a church I put together with another guy serving handicapped adults. I have a handicapped daughter (37 yo) and regular church doesn't work so well for her. This church, geared around very loose structure, great music, and interactive gospel messages is a blast- but a lot of work!

Still, I am mystified by Christians who "leave it all in God's hands." While there is truth there, God put man on the earth and designed that man would rule over it. Man was given both the privilege and the responsibility to act with love and the restraint of conscience as he sets about living a life pleasing to his Creator. This is hard work, sometimes blood-stained work, restraining those who have given themselves to self gratification at any expense.

We in America have those people in power right now, often elected because too many people who call themselves Christian have not done due diligence to protect themselves and their children from the destruction of evil rulers. Walking door to door last week in an effort to get a Christian friend elected to city council- good grief the anger and insults were amazing! But for me, I would rather fight and lose than lose having raised no voice against the evil.

It is at this point I can rest and "The battle belongs to the Lord."

But not before I do my part.

2016/11/6 12:42Profile

Re: Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

Pray for our country....that HIS will be done this election.

Who knows, perhaps the Lord Jesus will have mercy on this country the way He did with Ninneveh and allow us more time to repent. This is not the time to be silent, but we must do all things in the way that pleases the Lord.

Titus 3:3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

2016/11/6 13:57

Re: Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

1 Timothy 2: Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

2016/11/6 14:04
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Sheri for sharing these scriptures with us.
These are some of the same scriptures that we have been praying over our leaders and nation.
Many prayer groups have prayed for the exposure of the corruption in government, and we can see an uncovering take place right before our very eyes.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light." (Ephesians 5:11-13)

2016/11/6 15:32Profile

Re:

Amen Mike, Amen

2016/11/6 16:32

Re:

brother Tom, people who are too heavily minded to vote or show any interest in determining the outcome of elections certainly go to a lot of trouble to keep up with all this earthly nonsense online lol.

If they are so spiritual to take an interest in these matters why do they complain and moan about how quickly the country is going to hell in a hand basket? They remind me of christians who jump up and down about healing being all a part of Gods sovereign plan but then they fight against Gods sovereignty and run off to the doctor anytime they get sick:-)

2016/11/6 19:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy