SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The double promise of Ezekiel: a new heart AND a new spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
docs

Re: Part of the blessed hope

/It's all good David you can have all the dirt you want then when the Lord returns...go for it brother!/

18 For I consider [from the standpoint of faith] that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us!

19 For [even the whole] creation [all nature] waits eagerly for the children of God to be revealed.

20 For the creation was subjected to frustration and futility, not willingly [because of some intentional fault on its part], but by the will of Him who subjected it, in hope

21 that the creation itself will also be freed from its bondage to decay [and gain entrance] into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation has been moaning together as in the pains of childbirth until now.

2016/10/20 10:25Profile
docs

Re: Not really quibbling

/"To live in the Spirit is also to be baptized of the Holy Ghost, and have the Spirit as a Divine person living in us. There is something higher than the new birth, namely, the entering in of the Comforter, in His personal fullness and glory, to dwell in the consecrated heart and abide there for ever./

I'm not trying to split hairs or whatever even thought it may come across that way. But I would think that the entering of the Comforter into us is what causes the new birth. It's not like the new birth occurs and then the Spirit/Comforter takes up residence within us. I see the entering in of the Comforter as that which brings about the new birth and subsequent new heart and new spirit (Jer 31:33; John 3:5-7). When the Comforter comes and brings a new birth then He stays. The entering in of the Comforter and the new birth I believe would be somewhat simultaneous events. Then things are never the same - II Cor 5:17. Brother Simpson's words are good though. I'm glad you posted them.

2016/10/20 10:36Profile

Re:

"I see the entering in of the Comforter as that which brings about the new birth and subsequent new heart and new spirit..."

That has been my understanding my whole life as well, which is precisely why AB Simpsons portrayal of the new birth struck me as so intriguing.

2016/10/20 19:01
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

This selection from A.B. Simpson is one of the best things I've ever read. I've copied and reread and reread it. Thank you for posting it.

2016/10/21 22:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who is birthed in us? Not the Holy Spirit, but by the incorruptible Seed of the living Word of God, Who is this living Word? By whom do we believe in God? By Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:18-25 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Incorruptible Seed is the Spirit of the Living Christ, who
Is the Living Word. John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

Born again by whom? John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

To receive something, some one has to give what is received.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

The Holy Spirit is not baptizing us with Christ, the Holy Spirit is baptized into us by Jesus Christ. Jesus is the One who baptizeth with the Holy Spirit.

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

What is the Holy Spirits work of the Body of Christ?

Jesus prayed the Father of "the another Comforter".

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit? To teach all things that pertain to Christ and testify of Christ.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Who sends the Holy Spirit Comforter? Jesus sent Him from the Father.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Holy Spirit won't even speak of Himself, but of Christ as He speaks to Him for us.

John 16:13-16 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

The power of the Holy Spirit in us is the Seal that Jesus Christ is in us, "The hope of Glory". He will never leave us so also is Christ. So are we "As Jesus is so are we in this world also in Him".

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Jesus Christ in us is our life. The Holy Spirit is the teacher of that life which is birthed in us.

I don't know for sure, but if the Holy Spirit is with us and will be in us, I see my conviction of sin and the giving of the Faith of the Son of God that I might believe that Jesus Christ is the living Son of God whom the Father baptizes me at my birthing of a new creature into His Death and resurrection. This is the born again spoken of in John and Peter;

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

A Father is needed to give birth to a son, which we are by the only Begotten Son.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/10/28 6:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy