SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Public Schools and Islam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Public Schools and Islam

From the Jay Sekulow site - American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ)

What if your child or grandchild’s public school forced them to write out the Shahada – the Islamic conversion creed – while ”having skipped Christianity”?

What if your child’s study guide had a section called “Origins of Islam” that included statements such as, “Around the age of 40, the angel Gabriel told Muhammad that he was to be a prophet of Allah.”?

Stated as fact, not belief.

Yet, according to reports and numerous contacts to the ACLJ, that is exactly what is happening. In fact, children are being forced to learn how to convert to Islam and recite that “Allah is the only God.”

It’s Islamic indoctrination right here in our schools.

In Tennessee, these are realities facing parents of middle schoolers. Parents and concerned citizens from at least three counties have contacted us at the ACLJ with concerns about what their students are being taught.

As Fox News reports, parents like Brandee Porterfield are speaking out about what their children are experiencing:

Tennessee parents are voicing their concerns about a middle school history assignment in which students were asked to write "Allah is the only God."

Brandee Porterfield joined "Fox and Friends" this morning, saying she has no problem with her seventh-grade daughter learning about Islam as part of world history, but believes time should also be devoted to Christianity.

"They did this assignment where they wrote out the Five Pillars of Islam, including having the children learn and write the Shahada, which is the Islamic conversion creed," she explained.

Porterfield said she spoke with the Spring Hill Middle School teacher and principal, who said there would not be similar lessons on Christianity and Judaism.

She said she reviewed the state standards and there are upcoming lessons on Hinduism and Buddhism.

Unlike the lessons on Islam, however, Porterfield said students would not be expected to memorize a creed dealing with those religions.
Maury County school officials refuse to acknowledge the blatant constitutional violations at issue here, merely stating that they “covered some sensitive topics” that “caused some confusion.”

That’s outrageous. The indoctrination of students with the precepts of converting to Islam and forcing them to recite “Allah is the only God” aren’t “sensitive topics”; it’s unconstitutional.

School officials claim “By the end of the year, students will have studied Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions,” but there is no indication as to what will be covered or for how long.

School officials indicated that in contrast the class would pay mere lip service to Christianity. As the Daily Caller notes:

[I]t appears that Tennessee students don’t study Christianity per se. There is not, for example, one class day dedicated to the basic Jesus story.

[School officials] promised that students would eventually come across a reference to Christianity when history teachers reach the “Age of Exploration” in eighth grade. Then, students will hear about Christians persecuting other Christians in some countries in Western Europe.
Outrageous.

But the problem could be much bigger than one school and one assignment.

Our client in neighboring Williamson County said that as part of the middle school class work on Islam – in addition to the worksheet his son was asked to fill out (two portions of which are above) – his son was forced to recite things in Arabic without even being told what it meant.

And this isn’t just an issue in one state. Earlier this year, we reported that public school students in Madison, Wisconsin were given an assignment to “pretend you are Muslim,” while public school students in Florida were instructed to recite the Five Pillars of Islam as a prayer, make Islamic prayer rugs, and perform other Muslim rituals. Suspiciously, the textbook discussing Islam had chapters missing. Which chapters? Those on Christianity and Judaism.

To put this in perspective, imagine the outcry from the ACLU, Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), and other leftist and angry atheist organizations if a study guide stated, “Jesus is the Son of God,” and forced children to recite the Lord’s Prayer. These organizations would be beside themselves claiming indoctrination of our public school students.

But where are these organizations now?

At the ACLJ, we’re taking direct action. We’re in direct contact with a number of parents and concerned citizens, we’re taking on new clients, and preparing critical demand letters and open records requests to these schools and school districts.

Religious liberty must be protected and Islamic indoctrination must be stopped.

It is a clear constitutional principle that public education may not indoctrinate young minds into a religion. Teachers and schools may teach what different faith traditions believe and how that has affected world history and geography. But a school cannot censor Christianity and promote Islam.

In other related news; see below

Tennessee Reviews Its Curriculum

By Aalborg 4 months ago

Islamic indoctrination of children in public schools is a concern for parents across the country. As we previously reported , educators have been presenting fundamental Islamic beliefs as facts to students. Across the nation, students have been forced to recite the Five Pillars of Islam, make...

True or False?

By Carly F. Gemmell 9 months ago

Whatever happened to the days of “reading, writing, and ‘rithmetic”? The days when students and parents could expect that educators would teach the preparatory skills necessary for college and life as a productive citizen without feeling the need to inject their own agendas into the instruction?

No Islamic Indoctrination in School

By Carly F. Gemmell 17 months ago

“Pretend you are a Muslim.” This was the instruction given in a class assignment at Union Grove High School in Union Grove, Wisconsin, requiring students to take on the persona of a Muslim in order to write a “point of view” essay in which they discussed their daily Islamic religious practices and...

2016/9/19 13:58Profile
Sree

Re: Public Schools and Islam

The public school in India have Hindu prayer in it. The private schools are mostly Hindu or Chatholic based where worship of Idols is compulsory. There are very few good Christian schools but they are very expensive as even Hindu parents put their kids there due to higher standard of education and moral values.

In India there is no option to home school as well. What do we do then? Do not send kids to school which is against the law of land?

Like I said, a child does not become a Muslim if he writes an Islamic prayer nor will he become Hindu if he stands among Hindu worshipers. What is more important is what values do we represent in home.

If a Christian home has Husband and wife divorced then it is far more serious than their kids studying in Public school. If the parents are not united in one spirit, do not represent Christ then it is a serious thing.

All these crap fears about Public schools are what Pharasees teach. There is no spirit of Jesus in such posts. Let us not major in minors.

Yes it is sad to see the secret spread of Islam in Public schools in the name of world religion. But it has no potential to take our Children from Christ than a divorced or broken house has.

2016/9/19 14:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

In my 8th grade public school class we had a unit on Greek mythology. I thought it was fascinating. However, I have no desire to sacrifice to the gods of Olympus.

We also learned the muslim catch phrase "there is no god but allah and muhamed is his prophet" in some social studies class. And that was circa 1976.

There is a difference between education/awareness and indoctrination.

I understand that parents are upset that Christianity isn't being given equal time but quite frankly I don't think I would have wanted my middle school or high school teachers explaining Christianity. It would have been a botched job and likely with sarcastic commentary.

Moms and dads, YOU teach your kids about following Jesus, and let a church you trust assist. You don't need any school, public or private, to do that.

2016/9/19 15:43Profile
savannah

Re: no fear just fact

Sree says,

"All these crap fears about Public schools are what Pharasees teach. There is no spirit of Jesus in such posts. Let us not major in minors.

Yes it is sad to see the secret spread of Islam in Public schools in the name of world religion. But it has no potential to take our Children from Christ than a divorced or broken house has."

But not only does the Word of God refute such (which is enough), but these facts do as well;

According to Josh McDowell's Ministry (and numerous others), the statistics for evangelical children (teens and young adults) from Christian homes that attend public schools for 12 years are abandoning the faith and rejecting Christ by high school graduation at an alarming 94%. And 92% of those in a Christian home who were homeschooled continue in the faith and hold to a Christian worldview.

2016/9/19 22:18Profile
Sree

Re: Savannah

Quote:

According to Josh McDowell's Ministry (and numerous others), the statistics for evangelical children (teens and young adults) from Christian homes that attend public schools for 12 years are abandoning the faith and rejecting Christ by high school graduation at an alarming 94%. And 92% of those in a Christian home who were homeschooled continue in the faith and hold to a Christian worldview

So even if the facts you put here is correct, how are the rest 6% of those who go to public schools hold on to their faith? Do you think it is just a random chance? Your answer to this question will itself answer your errored view.

Now my answer to this question is those 6% were preserved by God even though they studied in public school. So the other question is, Is God potent enough only to preserve these 6%? Are we serving such an impotent God? I am sure something else as well went wrong. I believe it is the parents who failed to play their role. I do not want to be judgmental here but I cannot find a reason for God to give up on those 94%. You give me a logical answer if you can. Again no point in blaming the public school system for those 94% because the 6% as well had the same public school system!

Probably the kids in my Church who go to public school and are still active in Church and preserve a good testimony belong to this 6% of your stats. But I see something in their parents, their faithfulness to Lord. I see that these parents are unable to Homeschool their kids and God is honoring their step of faith.

See the thing I find wrong with your posts and articles you share is, they do not have any spirit of Christ in it. A person in ministry who sits at home and lives by ministry money, may find these articles permissible and can even write such crap, as he can happily home school his children while the rest who earn from sweat of the brow get condemned by such articles because they cannot home school.

Jesus himself did not take us from this corrupt world, why should we worry about our Children in the corrupt educational system. Just like God as father has trust that we his children will be a light to him in this corrupt world, we as parents should trust that our Children will be light in the corrupt public school system.

I know a very Godly brother with poor educational background who sends his children in Public school. One of his son, by his testimony won another boy from his class for the Lord. This boy who came from a non Christian family, started coming to our Church (facing persecution from parents) just because he was impressed by our elder's son who is a friend of his in school. Now this new boy is very zealous for the Lord. Think about this, how would this boy be won for the Lord if no one put their Child in Public school?

2016/9/20 10:48Profile
savannah

Re: Time found

Sree said,

"I asked you a question in return to your question in 'Islam and Public school' thread. Please answer when you find time."

I've got time to answer your question and am much obliged to do so.

I'd begin by stating unequivocally, the irrefutable
truth that God alone saves and God alone keeps His own.

If we pray, lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, and then go right ahead and open the cesspool lid and tell our children, "just swim safely and be sure not to get dirty", how is it that we have sincerely prayed, because prayer is bowing to the will of another, in the case of the christian it is the Lord (Master/Owner) Jesus Christ.

Faith is not a blind leap into the dark. Faith is in the person Jesus, and in His Word which instructs us. And this faith obeys His Word.

He says, Come out from among them and be separate...!
2 Cor. 6

He does not go on to say, ...but you may send your children among them, they need not be separate!

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God!

Shall I jump off the cliff because I know the angels will catch me? If I fall off the cliff, that is another story!

Remember Lot's wife!

2016/9/21 20:34Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I'd begin by stating unequivocally, the irrefutable
truth that God alone saves and God alone keeps His own.

Dear Savannah, you answered my question only partially. Yes it is God alone who saved the 6% of public school going Christian kids. But if it is a sin to go to public school and clear disobedience to God then why did God save those kids? Is the God who saved the 6% not potent to save the 94%?
Please answer this when you find time.
The only possible answer is Going to public school is not sure loss of soul. As God is above everything and can preserve our Children. It is not against God's word or his will.

Quote:

He says, Come out from among them and be separate...!
2 Cor. 6

Yes but the scripture also says this -
1 Cor 5:9- I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. I was not including the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.

So if you compare scripture with scripture then only we get balance. So 2 Cor 6 does not mean physical separation but a separation with respect to values. Otherwise one has to ignore 1 Cor 5:10.
Yes even in Christian school our children can get exposed to world. Even in homeschooling they have twice a week home school gathering in which some worldly minded children can mix with our children and corrupt them. So what should we then avoid such gathering?

Let us teach our children the correct value system. They will be light in a corrupt world by grace of God.

Quote:

He does not go on to say, ...but you may send your children among them, they need not be separate!

The scripture does not even say that you may work in a worldly cooperate office and need not be separate. Now shall we start a thread stating working in cooperate America is a SIN?

See all the scriptures that you have quoted so far are totally taken out of context. Even Satan took out of context scripture to tempt Jesus. But Jesus balanced them using scripture. But if Jesus just said I will do whatever scripture says then he should have jumped off the cliff but he did not. So please learn to Balance scripture. The letter kills but spirit gives life. I have seen very very few Christians who can understand scripture by spirit. Most of them live by letter.

Quote:

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God!

Shall I jump off the cliff because I know the angels will catch me? If I fall off the cliff, that is another story!

Again let me balance it. Peter walked on the water absolutely trusting in Jesus though it could be suicidal. Did he put the Lord in test? Sometimes it is required to walk by faith even though you know that there is higher probability to drown.

I have great respect for those who home school their kids. I am also more eager to home school my kids. But God also loves Cheerful giver. God will never tell someone to struggle and home school their kids. If someone can cheerfully home school their kids then praise God. If they cannot then let them put their Children in public school by faith. No Pastor or Minister has any right to forcefully make someone home school. Please at least now understand the gravity of lies that you are spreading in this forum.

None of the articles you shared have any spirit of Christ in them, period. Condemnation is the work of Devil. If you want to bring awareness about Public school then it is a different story. But the spirit of your post is to condemn those who put their children in public school and call them sinners.

2016/9/21 23:08Profile
savannah

Re: physical and spiritual separation

Sree says,
"you answered my question only partially. Yes it is God alone who saved the 6% of public school going Christian kids. But if it is a sin to go to public school and clear disobedience to God then why did God save those kids? Is the God who saved the 6% not potent to save the 94%? 
Please answer this when you find time."

Why did he save those kids you ask? He saved them because He willed to! "For as the Father raiseth the dead and giveth them life, even so the Son also giveth life to whom he will." John 5:21

It is not for any lack in God to save any. His grace is always at the foundation of the saving of any soul. Yet, He is not obligated to save any!

You Sree, are confusing the work (salvation) of Ceator God with the responsibility of the creature mankind. "What shall we do", was the question asked of the Apostle, and the same ought to be our response to Him who is our King! May we say, "speak Lord, for thy servant heareth."

"Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say", said Jesus!

"Teaching them to observe all things which I have commanded you", He said!

Sree says,
"The only possible answer is Going to public school is not sure loss of soul."

I nor anyone else has ever stated that going to the public school insures the loss of ones soul. And it's certainly not the only answer.

Such logical deduction comes miserably short of the truth. To use the logic you've been promoting in the name of balance, thrusts away so much of the Scriptures' commands to be separate in our associations. And for certain, our Lord and King opposes all rivals, and forbids His people to delegate authority over our children to His enemies, as clearly the government schools are in the USA.

But Jesus did say in Mark 9

42And whoever shall cause one of these little ones that believe in me, to fall into sin, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. 43And if thy hand causeth thee to fall into sin, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 45And if thy foot causeth thee to fall into sin, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 47And if thy eye causeth thee to fall into sin, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into hell-fire. 48Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Sree says,
"As God is above everything and can preserve our Children. It is not against God's word or his will."

The truth that God is able to preserve our children does not negate our responsibility to obey Him, nor does it negate His warnings to us. He has appointed the means (sanctification) as well as the end(salvation). And yes, it is against His Word and His will (which are in perfect harmony). Therefore, to voluntarily go against (disobedience) His revealed will in His Word, is disobedience, which is synonymous with sin.

Sree says,
"Yes but the scripture also says this -
1 Cor 5:9- I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. I was not including the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. So if you compare scripture with scripture then only we get balance.

"So 2 Cor 6 does not mean physical separation but a separation with respect to values. Otherwise one has to ignore 1 Cor 5:10."

You're the first and only one to ever interpret this as you have. I am sure that all will testify against your interpretation. This is Scripture twisting to the extreme!

You are trying to win an argument, and your goal has led you to pervert these simple words here in 2 Cor. 6.

Do you also believe that 1 Cor. 5:13 "does not mean physical separation but a separation with respect to values.?"

2 Cor. 6:17 "come out from among them — Withdraw yourselves from all intimate society with them;and be ye separate — As God’s promise of dwelling in a peculiar manner among the Israelites, obliged them to separate themselves from the converse of their heathen neighbours, that they might not be insnared with their superstitions; much more are Christians obliged, by that peculiar gracious presence of God which they enjoy, or may enjoy, to separate themselves from the society of the ungodly, and from all their sinful practices, customs, and habits." Benson Commentary.

Strongs concordance - come forth, depart, escape, get out

From ek and erchomai; to issue forth -- come (forth, out), depart (out of), escape, get out, go (abroad, away, forth, out, thence), proceed (forth), spread abroad.

Thayers -
 to go out from some assembly, i. e. to forsake it: 

to come forth from physically, arise from, to be born of: ἐκ with the genitive of the place from which one comes by birth, Matthew 2:6(from Micah 5:2)

properly with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which he departs;  of those who leave a place of their own accord

Sree says,
"The scripture does not even say that you may work in a worldly cooperate office and need not be separate. Now shall we start a thread stating working in cooperate America is a SIN?"

The subject of working, and the subject of sending our children to be instructed by the Godless government school system are far from equal. We need no supernatural revelation to grasp that!

Sree says,
"See all the scriptures that you have quoted so far are totally taken out of context. Even Satan took out of context scripture to tempt Jesus. But Jesus balanced them using scripture. But if Jesus just said I will do whatever scripture says then he should have jumped off the cliff but he did not. So please learn to Balance scripture.

The letter kills but spirit gives life."

If you knew what this means you would not use it as you have. The Spirit gives life, that we may obey from the heart, that Word He has spoken to us. He does not leave us with the command to obey only, but gives us His Spirit and grace to obey, along with a new heart to love Him, and His commandments.

Compare Scripture - Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Sree says,
"I have seen very very few Christians who can understand scripture by spirit. Most of them live by letter."

I gather you are one of the very few who can understand. The rest of us will just have to wait for someone as yourself to explain it to us.

Sree says,
"Again let me balance it. Peter walked on the water absolutely trusting in Jesus though it could be suicidal. Did he put the Lord in test? Sometimes it is required to walk by faith even though you know that there is higher probability to drown." 

As I attempted to let you balance it, I checked your scales against the true measure and found your scale rigged and significantly off.

In this text you cite, the LORD Himself bid Peter come. So there is no correlation between the two. The faith we are to have is in His Word, which instructs us in the way that we should go. We must look into His Word, for the Spirit and the Word agree. The Spirit brings all the things which were spoken by our Lord to our remembrance.

Jesus bid the children to come unto Him, not to a Godless government school system. He says, "Have no other gods before Me." The schools will have all other gods but Him. They will not have Him rule over them, but rather say, "Give us Barabas", and Barabas they now have.

Sree says,
"God will never tell someone to struggle and home school their kids."

Why not? The Christian life is a struggle, and we meet with much trials and tribulation. You assume to know what God will never tell another person in this regard, basing your conclusion on mere feelings.

Sree says,
"No Pastor or Minister has any right to forcefully make someone home school."

All are agreed on this.

Sree says,
"Please at least now understand the gravity of lies that you are spreading in this forum."

Jesus was accused of lies and of having a devil. I expect the same accusations when proclaiming truth from Him. And truth has been spoken from His Word and from His Spirit. Those who have ears to hear will hear what the Spirit says to His "called-out ones."

Sree says,
"None of the articles you shared have any spirit of Christ in them, period."

Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains. John 9:41 Period!

Sree says,
"Condemnation is the work of Devil."

All are agreed on this.

Sree says,
"If you want to bring awareness about Public school then it is a different story. But the spirit of your post is to condemn those who put their children in public school and call them sinners."

The spirit of my post is to bring light from above to the darkness pervading over the American churches. The American churches are so quick to take offense and cry, "condemnation!", "judgmentalism!", and the like. Because pride and arrogance have no place for humility and self-examination. Many are too busy to sit at Jesus feet and, "Hear Him." Hurt feelings are all that matters to the multitudes. Our thrice Holy God makes His people holy (set apart), both in heart and life.

May His Spirit convict and may His people repent.

So that I may address you properly, are you a Mr. or Mrs.? Thanks.

2016/9/23 8:59Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Savannah said:

Quote:
Such logical deduction comes miserably short of the truth. To use the logic you've been promoting in the name of balance, thrusts away so much of the Scriptures' commands to be separate in our associations. And for certain, our Lord and King opposes all rivals, and forbids His people to delegate authority over our children to His enemies, as clearly the government schools are in the USA.

The last sentence caught my eye and mind.

I agree, Savannah. I agree.

Jesus opposes all rivals and forbids His people to delegate authority over our children to His enemies. Government schools are, indeed, opposed to Him.

Jesus sat with Pharisees in the synagogue and listened as well as taught. They were His enemy. But, they were not His authority. Rather, Jesus sabotaged them.

Light sabotages darkness. It is, then, a directly modeled behavior and way of Jesus to His disciples now: Walk into the darkness, show the darkness that it is dark, be light to it, withstand it, suffer it, endure it to the death if you must. Don't adapt to it. Don't approve it. Don't capitulate to the dark and co-opt the Truth in order to survive in the dark. But, resist it from where it dwells, not from where it isn't.

I know you will not agree with my reasoning, and it's okay with me that you don't. This is not a debate for debate's sake. You made a good point. It is simply that the "authority" that you rightly are concerned with does not exist merely by voluntarily walking inside the enemy camp.

If you did read my earlier posts on the thread about my own family situation --- and I don't suggest that you should've or assume you did --- I mentioned that we debrief stuff daily. We examine what she learns and what her teachers say and we hold it under biblical light. Undoubtedly, we do not cover everything. But, undoubtedly, we are equipping her to do this for her own mind and heart. Whether we "get it right" or not the future will tell. However, there is no guarantee that any of us can make that any other method of schooling will, either. Everyone's points about the hazards and pitfalls and assaults of government schools are well taken and understood. But, to be honest, if we can't stand up for Christ and rebuke the darkness in this much of the enemy camp, then we are lame, halt and blind and of no use to our Father's glory in the larger war that now is and is coming.

I respectfully submit this to you and agree to disagree to the extent you think is right.

2016/9/23 13:04Profile
savannah

Re: no debate

Tim,

You are right in saying that I will not agree with your reasoning.

You are right again when you say this is not a debate for debates' sake.

I must say that I do appreciate your irenic spirit in the previous post.

You are right again in saying that the future will tell. We would all agree that the future is not ours to know.

But what we do know is the present. We are to know Him and ourselves in light of Him. We are to know what His revealed will is, that good, acceptable and pleasing will.

And so, we must go...with what we know!

You are right in saying that it is okay if I don't agree. But that is not the question really. If I agree or not.

I don't think you'd be okay if God does not agree.
As you know, that is really all that matters.

What you've written about what ought to be done, I'd simply ask whether you are doing it. Yes, Jesus did it! But that doesn't automatically interpret into sending our vulnerable sons and daughters(virgins) into the front lines to take on the Goliaths of immorality and seduction of mind, body and spirit.

Eve was seduced by the subtlety of satan, and that while in the Garden, and free of from sin.

Even men who are novices, or new converts, we are told not to put them in a position where they may fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Even mature believers would find it difficult in such an environment, and moreso even than that, nowhere does God call children who are under authority to do what you are expecting of your daughter.

Even Lot, we are told, was vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked, dwelling among them, seeing and hearing day to day, his righteous soul was vexed with their unlawful deeds. 2 Peter 2:8.
It would serve us all well to also "Remember Lot's wife."

I'd plead with you, for the love of your daughter, and as her protector, provide her with the Christ centered education and nurturing she so needs.

Hear my plea! Enter once again into the Holy place of prayer, and beseech the Lord! He has not appointed us to vexation,defilement and pollution.

Lord have mercy!

I respectfully submit this to you for your prayerful consideration.

Bless the Lord!

2016/9/24 0:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy