SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pretrib Rapture???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: marcmc

Quote:
by proud papa
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

"The thief in the night" statement doesn't automatically mean that Jesus will come "in quiet and in secret." I believe it means "ill prepared." Look at Christ's parable in Luke 12:

Quote:
45 But suppose that servant says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and he begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him, and at an hour of which he is unaware. Then He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

They were servants of the master whose heart was revealed in the delay of his master.

God bless,
Lisa

(EDIT) I wanted to add this

1 Thess 5:4-6
4 But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief. 5 For you are all sons of the light and sons of the day; we do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not sleep as the others do, but let us remain awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night; and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober...

2016/9/5 8:05Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Greg: Thank you for posting the belief of the house church in China. I am there with my own study. There are some things that we absolutely know because they are clearly stated in scripture. It is the other details, the writing that we think we see between the lines, that causes the division on this subject. To search scripture and throw ideas back and forth is good. It makes us did into scripture and read carefully. But we all must agree that these things are still being read between the lines and so we cannot allow ourselves to adopt a dogmatic stance that leads to schisms and rifts between ourselves and our brothers and sisters in Christ.

2016/9/5 8:35Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

marc: No man knows the day or the hour...true. But we are to know the times and the seasons. Those who are not watching, who do not have oil for their lamps, will be taken unawares. But for those who walk in the presence of the Holy Spirit there will be an awareness. There will not be a knowledge of the day or hour, but there will be an awareness that the event is upon us. We will not be taken off guard. If the goodman had been watching, he would not have allowed himself to be robbed.

I think this is the general teaching of the Bible on the timing of Christ's return and our knowledge of it.

Just another quick observation. I do not think we will be able to point to a particular day, month, or perhaps even a particular year and say, "This is the moment that we began to experience great tribulation." If that is the case, then we would also not be able to count seven years and say, "This is the day we will come out of it."

2016/9/5 8:39Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

My mind sometimes works in lists and then I organize them as best I can. Here is a question that I think might be interesting in studying this topic.

When the Lord returns, ________________ will happen.

For example,

2 Peter 3 says that when He returns, the heavens shall pass away with a great noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat, and the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:30 The tribes of the earth shall mourn when they see Him coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Thess. 5:2 Men will be saying, "Peace and Safety" and will be taken unawares and sudden destruction will come upon them.

2016/9/5 8:54Profile

Re:

Post-trib= The book of revelation reading like the New York Times in front of the entire world with every Christian explaining it to the global inhabitants, hundreds of books predicting events and being dead on the money, every Christian radio, TV and Internet minister sounding like they have the insight, knowledge and wisdom of the ages with laser accuracy of unfolding events and still the majority rejecting Jesus, taking the mark and choosing hell.

marcmc

2016/9/5 9:06

Re:

Post-trip = from the time of Jesus ascent every single person on the planet has had at least 7 years before they even had to consider salvation.

Marcmc

2016/9/5 9:07

Re:

Post-trib = millions of believers living on the planet during the horrible events of the tribulation with full knowledge for 2 thousand years of both the events occurring and those which are upcoming and being 100% powerless to change, influence or effect them one little bit. So much for the authority of the believer.

Marc mc

2016/9/5 9:10

Re:

Post-trib = The believers alive at the end are to be considered the most unfortunate in history.

marcmc

2016/9/5 9:18

Re:

Post-Trib = God has saved the worst for last.

marcmc

2016/9/5 9:19

Re:

Post-trip = After 2 thousand years of training, equipping and the working of the Holy Spirit that God's final representatives on the earth are so bad that He had to purge them with the worst events in the worlds history.

marcmc

2016/9/5 9:21

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy