SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We talk Apostolic doctrine but lack Apostolic deeds. We claim Apostolic faith but lack Apostolic fruit. Some trumpet Apostolic power but lack Apostolic poverty. Some claim Apostolic enduement but lack Apostolic accomplishment. We may have Apostolic vocabularies. Do we have Apostolic victories? Many claim Apostolic succession. Few, if any, dare claim Apostolic success!" - Leonard Ravenhill

2017/2/10 15:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Supernatural evidence has accompanied every revival. The external miracles have been greater in some operations than in others. But - and this is the core of the thing - signs and wonders were done; the rationalists and materialists were stirred, and at times silenced." - Leonard Ravenhill

2017/2/10 15:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I'll tell you the secret of getting revival in the church. Find half a dozen people who know how to groan. You won't have the same church in a year." - Leonard Ravenhill

2017/2/10 15:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"A thought I have about heaven is that as there's no more pain and crying; as there's no more death; as there's no more sickness. We are all perfect because of Him, and we are washed clean because of Him. The only one scarred in the whole of Heaven is Him... For in the Revelation there we see the lamb looking as if he's been slain. How strange that for eternity we are perfected in the presence of a scarred Lamb." - Jackie Pullinger

2017/2/12 15:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The greatness of a man is measured by the way he treats the little man. Compassion for the weak is a sign of greatness. Jesus says in Matthew 25:40 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” - Bishop Abraham

2017/2/12 15:57Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me" (Matthew 16:24). We are misinterpreting this message if we emphasize self-denial, that is, the rejection of material or unlawful things. Jesus was not calling upon us to learn self-discipline before we take up our cross. It is far more severe than that. Jesus is asking that we deny ourselves. This means to deny your own ability to carry any cross in your own strength. In other words, "Don't take up your cross until you are ready to reject any and every thought of becoming a holy disciple as a result of your own effort." - David Wilkerson

2017/2/13 0:33Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"Millions of professing Christians boast of their self-denial. They don't drink, smoke, curse or fornicate—they are examples of tremendous self-discipline. But not in a hundred years would they admit it was accomplished by anything other than their own willpower. They are practicing self-denial, but they have never denied self. In some ways, we are all like that. We experience "spurts" of holiness, accompanied by feelings of purity. Good works usually produce good feelings, but God will not allow us to think our good works and clean habits can save us. That is why we need a cross." - David Wilkerson

2017/2/13 0:37Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Wow! That is a beautiful picture of God's Love right there!

2017/2/13 5:12Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I have admitted that a few human beings have turned the grace of God into lasciviousness; but I trust no one will ever argue against any doctrine on account of the perverse use made of it by the baser sort. Cannot every truth be perverted? Is there a single doctrine of Scripture which graceless hands have not twisted into mischief? Is there not an almost infinite ingenuity in wicked men for making evil out of good? If we are to condemn a truth because of the misbehaviour of individuals who profess to believe it, we should be found condemning our Lord himself for what Judas did, and our holy faith would die at the hands of apostates and hypocrites. Let us act like rational men. We do not find fault with ropes because poor insane creatures have hanged themselves therewith; nor do we ask that the wares of Sheffield may be destroyed because edged tools are the murderer's instruments. - CH Spurgeon

2017/2/13 21:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“It were far easier to write a book of apostates in this age, than a book of martyrs.” - John Trapp (1601-1669)

2017/2/16 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy