SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bill O'Reilly categorizes born again Christians with ISIS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Truth brother!

We must prepare. More than ever we need to be " wise as serpents and gentle as doves"

In Him,

William

2016/7/29 14:04Profile

Re:

TMK,
That type of stuff is not edifying or Beneficial (or mature) honestly. Remember, every careless or idle word will be judged. Just something to think about as you joke about the potential reality of increased persecution ahead.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/7/29 18:08
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jeff, I think a lot of Christians that are exposed to numerous, Pastors, and Christians that just toss fear into the air, some finally get fed up with it, the only thing left is to joke about it. I don't think for a moment Todd don't know the word and what the word say's, but like me I'm tired of the fear mongering among Christians. I know what the word says about the coming "everything" I don't need it thrown into my face everyday, I have other "good" things to think on. I don't need to listen to the downtrodden preach to me about all the bad to come. My Bible say's I shall have peace in the Lord."These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

2016/7/29 19:03Profile

Re:

Bill. That's good stuff. Balanced and biblical and more importantly, agreeable to my understanding!

2016/7/29 19:11

Re:

That's right Bill, you did not hear Daniel’s friends bemoaning the fiery furnace or putting pressure on Daniel to develop an escape plan from Babylon.

They would not be able to say the following if their hearts and minds were not stayed on God.

Daniel 3:16-18
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Let come what may, my heart and mind will stay on Christ.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.

2016/7/29 19:16
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Awesome J, I love that example...

2016/7/29 19:18Profile

Re:

That's fine. I can "text-proof" quote scripture (in context) too till the cows come home. But it just seems that the smart-alek sarcasm & the will to overtake anything may share in the form Of a warning doesn't come from above, but often from the pride of man. Seems like if "you don't have something good to say, you should say nothing at all" like my granny said. I wonder how many would stand and call the prophetic words & trumpet blast warnings of men like Art Katz, David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, Brian Long, etc., etc. & countless others here on SI & elsewhere with true prophetic unction "ridiculous". Or throw unrelated scriptures on not being afraid (when it's been continuously explained its not always peddling fear, but sometimes a watchman on the wall blowing a warning trumpet blast). I wonder how many Pharisees, scribes & teachers in John the Baptist's day would have sat him down and said, "now here, here crazy man. Look at the scripture in Joshua that says 'do not be afraid', etc.?" Or the example I mentioned Agabus' prophetic word of coming famine in Acts (but no one responded because there's no Biblical response or grounds to stand on to do so)? Or many other things said in scripture by Jesus & the apostles? But, whatever. Make sure you're speaking for God when you come against those warning. Make sure you're not "despising prophesies". It's a pretty serious issue. Presumption is not the same as wisdom. And discernment is not the same as criticism or fault-finding. Just things to remember.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/7/29 21:23

Re:

The scoffing and mocking of those sounding a trumpet remind me in a way of what Peter addresses in 2 Peter 3 (I know this is speaking of the Day of the Lord foretold and prophesies in the scriptures, but the same type of spirit can be embraced by those who don't want to hear a prophetic warning from the Lord through His prophets concerning coming persecution & judgement. If "it doesn't matter at all", then why would God even burn this into His prophets to share? Unless you honk Wilkerson, Katz, Washer, Long, Ravenhill, & countless others are ridiculous false prophets. Which if you do, why are you even here at SI?)

The Day of the Lord

1This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, 2that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, 3knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9Thw Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed...."

2016/7/29 21:34
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The bottom line is that unfortunately some folks are obsessed with a persecution mentality and there is just no way that any such mentality can be found in Jesus, whatsoever.

I will say again for the 10,000th time that I do not disagree that persecution will increase. The only way to be prepared is to be close to the Lord. Speculations about FEMA death camps etc etc will do nothing for anyone.

2016/7/29 21:34Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Todd, you're exactly right! and you know what would keep this all civil? if all Christians would somehow realize, everyone one of our destinations are the same, but we are just traveling different roads. I truly believe that the reason some folks are obsessed with a persecution mentality, because they want you to be exactly where they are,just like them, and be on the same road, and the same walk. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been persecuted all my life, am I supposed to start worrying about it now?

2016/7/29 22:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy