SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus drowned in a multitude of words.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Yep. Quote button does not work. I wonder what that was there for.

2016/7/17 17:54

Re:

... But do not be called Rabbi, for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. Do not call anyone on earth your father, for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Do not be called leaders, for One is your Leader, that is Chist.
But the greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted...Matthew 23:8-12

We see in the above verses that Jesus never meant for the professional clergy/laity distinction to develop in His bride. Those who did serve leading His church were not to take upon themselves no the other title than to be called "brother". In essence there's only one who leads the church. Those who follow Jesus are simply known as brother and sister.

The church in its most simplest form is found in Matthew 18:20,

... For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there in their midst ...

In the above verses Jesus defined His church. A church can be as few as two or three people. Thus three people meeting together at a Starbucks with open Bibles can be considered a church. Particularly if that is the only these 3 individuals are getting.

The important things in gathering together in what we call church is fellowship and encouragement. In its most radical simplest form church is simply Jesus being in the midst of two or three people. They need not have pastors, deacons, a church building, a church fund, etc. They simply need Jesus.

I realize the religious mind cannot comprehend this. But I came out of the Jesus movement 40 years ago. For many of us young converts that came to Christ during that time. Our church was a fellowship of two or three people gatheting together with the Lord Jesus in our midst. The traditional Church did not come on our radar. And when it did. Often the Spirit was not present.

Two years ago I met with a precious brother and his wife and family. For a season we would meet on Wednesday evenings sharing a meal and then fellowship afterwards. We never had a structure. Sometimes we would read the Word. Other times he would worship and sing. Other times would simply pray. Sometimes he would listen to a message. But Jesus was in our midst and those times were sweet. It reminded me so much of what we encountered during the Jesus movement.

What I am sharing will make absolutely no sense for those who are in the traditional clergy/laity structure. But for those who have gathered in intimate house felliwships will understand what I'm talking about. Indeed hearts will cry out for more of the the Spirit-filled fellowship of small gatherings. But gatherings where Jesus is present.

But such gatherings are an abomination to the religious structure. Indeed it will be the religious structure that will persecute and seek to destroy the the house fellowships. But I believe such house fellowships will continue to thrive and survive. Even in the midst of persecution.

Again simply my thoughts. Longing for the sweet Fellowship of the Jesus movement. Longing for that sweet fellowship that I shared with Rich and Jody.

Perhaps as persecution increases in this nation God will bring that fellowship back into our midst.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/7/17 19:29

Re:

There is in the Sermon Index archives an audio message given by a brother who came out of the Jesus movement. The message is entitled, "A Testimony of the Jesus Movement and the Need for Gatherings". If you key that into the search box, it will direct you to the audio message.

I believe the audio message will convey more clearly what I am trying to convey in this thread.

Bro Blaine

2016/7/17 19:54
brothagary

Re:

I hope it would blain because it seems clear that you go againts paul description of the church and how it operates with propherts paster teachers ,ectra ,

Are you againsts that modlel set forth by paul ,including elders and deacons .......

2016/7/17 20:07Profile

Re: Gary

Sorry brother. Got to leave this thread. Three lolice officers ambushed in Baton Rouge, LA. Louisiana is my hone state.

You Aussie's have it pretty calm down there in down under. But all hell is about to break loose here in the United States. Honestly Gary I hope Australia is spared the hell that's breaking loose in America.

Got to go bro.

2016/7/17 21:41

Re:

Crime in Australia

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

2016/7/17 22:24

Re:

Quote:

by bearmaster on 2016/7/17 14:17:33

David Platt in his book Radical has rightly observed that Jesus was a mini church leader.

Platt graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.A. in journalism. From there he attended New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.[5] There he received the degrees of M.Div, Th.M, and also a PhD.[6][7] After he finished his doctorate, Platt served at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary as Dean of Chapel and Assistant Professor of Expository Preaching and Apologetics.
Wikipedia

Platt, David (2010), Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream, Colorado Springs: Multnomah Books,
Wikipedia

Blaine I see a contradiction here: You read and quote "Professional theologians" and at the same time you are telling us not to listen to "professional theologians" but just listen to Jesus.

What is even more odd: These "professional theologians" seem to know best and teach us how to be simple and uneducated.

2016/7/17 22:48

Re: Toszu

Dear sister let me get this straight. Right now four families are grieving over the loss of loved ones in Baton Rouge Louisiana. And you're looking to score points in a theological debate?

Really...

2016/7/18 6:37

Re:

Since you brought this up, Bear. I pray the President apologizes for creating the false narrative regarding cops and pray he stops fanning the flames. Surely, this is not part of his agenda to remake America or is it?

2016/7/18 10:03

Re:

Quote:

by bearmaster on 2016/7/18 6:37:17

Dear sister let me get this straight. Right now four families are grieving over the loss of loved ones in Baton Rouge Louisiana. And you're looking to score points in a theological debate?

Bear,

She has a fair question and it seems you are appealing to emotion now to get out of answering her question. What does Baton Rouge have to do with your thread, anyway?

2016/7/18 10:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy