SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Francis Chan, Hillsong United, Pope Francis Will Pray for Revival This Saturday

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brothers and sisters and sisters I would listen to what brother Frank is saying. He was converted out of Catholocism.

Blaine

2016/7/14 20:59
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I have long loved Francis Chan. I still do, and said on here not long ago that he has spoken truth to groups where he had been invited. Here is hoping but not really expecting that to happen this go 'round.

Re: Pope. Here is what I know. The man washed Muslim feet. That gesture is reserved for believers in the church to one another. It demonstrates that the one being washed has a part in Christ. This is why Jesus told Peter if He did not wash Peter's feet, Peter had no part in Him. The washee, not the washer, is the one identified with Christ in that moment. Pope Francis perverted it. But, this is no surprise. It is as if an unbeliever was given communion by a believer. Anathema.

If someone would share a platform, an agenda, or whatever with him, that is on them. We would all do well to quit listening to A-list Christian celebrities and conferences.

2016/7/14 21:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear-

I have fallen under no spell of Francis-- I can honestly state that I have never heard even one of his speeches not have I read any words he has written other than what is written here on SI.

All I am saying is that we should be careful of criticizing genuine brothers like Francis Chan because really and truly we have no idea what his motivations are. For all we know the HS may be commanding him to do this, for His purposes.

Didn't somebody in the the Bible say I will be all things to all men in order to save some? Sounds like a pretty compromised guy to me.

2016/7/14 21:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As much as folks love Francis Chan, and there are other who love Kenneth Copeland and there are many who love Rick Warren and folks like Mike Bickle, they are deceived. To share a stage with the Pope is to legitimize the Pope. To share a stage with Catholic priests is to legitimize the Catholic church which in turn gives false hope to well over a billion people worldwide. Only the truth can set a man free. A departure from the truth is an accommodation to the world. Once the enemy gets your accommodation he has established a stronghold which he will not give up. Humanism, it is all humanism to share the stage with such a man. Maybe our so called beloved evangelical favorites need to listen to " Ten Shekels and a Shirt." There is a great whore church coming saints and the Catholic church will be leaders of it. That old enemy of every saint that formerly hunted them down in every corner of the world and dragged them to the pyre will rise again. And many foolish evangelicals will merely follow behind like the children who followed the pied piper. I despair at the lack of discernment in these men in particular and the evangelical world in general. That is why my hope and my loyalties lie with the remnant, who will not relent to the hurricane force cultural winds that have begun to blow.....

Amen brother, the winds are blowing, it is time to choose sides, religion was that which crucified God Himself, yet in vain their try and honour and control His people on earth. It is a trap of very large proportions and may God preserve us from its gates.

2016/7/14 22:00Profile

Re:

I agree with Brother Frank as well. Deception is getting worse. The fruit says it all. I keep thinking of the scripture that says "if it were possible, even the very elect could be deceived". satan comes as an angel of light making things look good. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father, if anyone says otherwise they are a liar. I certainly cannot judge a persons heart, but I can let scripture speak for itself.

2016/7/14 22:24

Re: Todd

Todd I meant the spell of Pope Francis. Not Francis Chan. There are many evangelicals who are coming under his chrismatic charm. The Charismatic charm of the Pope that is.

2016/7/14 23:39
brothagary

Re:

Tmk your right my toung was in my cheak with my first comment ,,but blain seem to miss that one ,,,,,,

I agree with whats being said here ,,but i think lets not esteam the words of any of the catholic saints ,, mother threasa ,,brother larwarnce , these were more then likly decived as well and not truly christians

2016/7/15 3:47Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hi Bro Gary,

You have brought up a valid point here: How should we esteem the writings of these Catholic "saints" of yesteryear?

I know many esteemed Protestant writers who have quoted from there writings and experiences.

Should we resist the idea of the Catholic Church as an organisation and what it wants to do and still appreciate the few bright lights in its midst? Or is this not possible?

Imput from the forum will be appreciated:)

God bless,

2016/7/15 4:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear- I was talking about the Pope not Chan.

2016/7/15 6:13Profile
brothagary

Re:

It may be possable stireditup, but it then becomes a stumbleing block to the weak and unconverted and we sound like hipocreats ,

We cant protest againsts the catholic church and all its serious false teachings in one breath and then quote teachings from Catholics as if thery are fine ,,,one may be able to spit the bones ,but the weak and unconverted will swallow, not noing how to chew , for that reason we should look else where if we feel we need to reiterate some ones teachings .

2016/7/15 6:26Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy