SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I AM

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

im not saying i disagree with with your general perspective....

2016/10/2 9:33Profile
brothagary

Re:

my country man

2016/10/2 9:34Profile
brothagary

Re:

through one mans sin all died ..............

The one man Adam was our federal head so to speak and because of his original sin judgment came to all men resulting in death because Adam represented all of us ,all sinned resulting in the condemnation of death the first and the seconded death,,,

regardless of that Adam was made pure sinned once and was judged in hope of choosing life , we were made corrupt sinned countless times in hope of choosing life in hope of not suppressing the the knowledge of god .. according to his good pleasure gods rules and ways are above our way.

and i can not counsel god and say why have you made me like this ,this broken pot speaks not back to the potter ......

2016/10/2 10:02Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Flesh loves to DO the law but CANNOT do.

In Christ we love the law BUT know that we can only be righteous by grace through FAITH and let the Holy Spirit work in us to make us righteous.

The old man loves to work by self.

The new man delights to rest in Christ. "My grace is sufficient for you." According to our faith it is given to us.

EDITED TO ADD:

The carnal mind is hostile to God THEREFORE it CANNOT do God's laws and THEREFORE the law exposes him. Therefore it is futile for the Christian to try to be righteous by works (i.e. by the corrupted self-helper/flesh which must be DONE AWAY with!).

(Brothagary....Daylight saving has started here in Sydney today so it is now 1.25am! So this might not be the best reply as I am tired. Will re-visit this tomorrow.)

2016/10/2 10:07Profile
brothagary

Re:

6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.

those in the flesh natural hate the holy laws of god,because it brings conviction and condemnation ,

preaching the gospel and the word of god would not result in persecution if the flesh loved the law ,,

the carnal man rebels against the law of god lest the spirit brings conviction ,and supernaturally draws men to Christ

the mind of Satan hates doing gods will ...

2016/10/2 10:29Profile
brothagary

Re:

no dramas its time for my bed now ,may god give you a good sleap with godly dreams.......

2016/10/2 10:32Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Brothagary,

If you are also in NSW or SA hope you had a good Labour Day today!

Anyway.....

We are talking about Romans 6-8.

We are talking about BELIEVERS.

The old man went out in ROMANS 6. We are now baptized into Christ Jesus (Rom. 6:3), “buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life” (Rom. 6:4-5)). So now we are instructed to “present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification” (Rom. 6:19).

But in ROMANS 7, the believer is in a quandary. He has a new mind now (Rom. 7:25) that wants to serve the law of God which is spiritual, holy and good (Rom. 7:12,14) but a fleshly counterpart (Rom.7:14,25)(I see this as the self-helper/”flesh”) dwelling in him overthrows this mind and replaces it with a mind that makes him do the evil he does not wish to do (Rom. 7:19, Rom. 8:7-8). Man is led and controlled by his “helper”. The helper is the “boss”. And the self-helper/”flesh” has been so utterly corrupted it will ALWAYS only impart to man “sin and death” (Rom. 7:25, 8:2). So that even if the new man wants to do good he just cannot because of this corrupted helper.

How can the believer be delivered from this bondage?

Cast out the self-helper/”flesh”!

How?

By FAITH in the cross of Christ......“I have been crucified with Christ”.

God has given believers the gift of the Holy Spirit to indwell them (Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 3:16). He is our new and mighty Helper who will lead us into all truth and reveal Christ in us (John 14:16,26 (NASB),16:13-15). Our new Helper, the Holy Spirit, will NEVER lead us into “sin and death” but will ALWAYS only impart Christ’s life to us (Rom. 8:2). He is the Boss so even when we fail He will uphold us and unfailingly give Christ's life to us. So now “we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness” (Gal. 5:5). (Hope is a SURE hope in the Bible).

The victorious life in Christ through the Holy Spirit by God’s grace through our faith is for us all. Faith is all-important.

“However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.” (Rom. 8:9-13 NASB)

EDITED TO ADD:

Brothagary....Thanks for your comments. What I said certainly needed clarification.

2016/10/3 8:49Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Brothagary

These were God's people in the flesh who declared:

"All the words which the Lord has spoken we will do!" (Exodus 24:3)

These same people almost immediately after abandoned God to worship a golden calf.

2016/10/3 9:26Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_11

ADAM’S DISOBEDIENCE_2

THE LIE:

"The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!” (Gen.3:4 NASB)

The devil “... does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (John 8:44 NASB)

TRUTH:

GOD SAYS:

“The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it YOU WILL SURELY DIE." (Gen. 2:16-17 NASB, caps mine)

THE BIBLE SAYS:

Of Man:

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.” (Ezek. 18:20 KJV)

"Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath.” Selah. (Psalm 39:5 NASB)

“Thus He remembered that they were but flesh,
A wind that passes and does not return.” (Psalm 78:39 NASB)

“ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS,
AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS.
THE GRASS WITHERS,
AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF…” (1 PETER 1:24 NASB)

Of Eternal Life:

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’” (John 14:6 NASB)

“And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS THE LIFE; HE WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE SON OF GOD DOES NOT HAVE THE LIFE.” (1 John 5:11-12 NASB, caps mine)

2016/10/6 0:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_12

ADAM’S DISOBEDIENCE_3

THE TREE OF LIFE

LIFE is the great message of the Bible.

Eternal life is God’s promise to us:
“This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.” (1 John 2:25 NASB)

The Tree of Life was there in the middle of the Garden at the beginning of creation (Gen. 2:9). And it stood there in glory and victory at the end of the Bible in the New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:1-2).

The Tree of Life is a type and symbol of Christ as the Life:

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life...’” (John 14:6)

“And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.” (1 John 5:11-12 NASB).

"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh." (John 6:51)
“So Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.’” (John 6:53-54)

“They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house; And You give them to drink of the river of Your delights. For with You is the fountain of life” (Psalms 36:8-9).

Death is not God’s desire for man:
“I don't want you to die, says the Sovereign LORD” (Ezekiel 18:32, NLT)

God warned man and his helper:
“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Gen. 2:17 KJV)

Adam and his helper had this same choice:
“See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil…….. therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live” (Deut. 30:15,19 KJV),

2016/10/11 2:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy