SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I AM

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

#6 God’s Great Love, My Secure and Eternal Dwelling Place

“Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.” (Psalm 90:1)

God is Love! The Lord Jesus and His Father are One and One in love. And we too are to be in God, in His love. (John 17:21, 23, 26; 1 John 4:16)

God’s Great Love is our secure and eternal dwelling place.

I am already there. God has already put me in Christ. (1 Cor. 1:30)

I believe!

According to my faith it has already been done for me. (Matthew 9:29; Rom. 5:2, 5)

Now I must not wander away because apart from Him I can do nothing. (John 15:5)

“Remain in me,” the Lord says, “and I will remain in you.” (John 15:4 NLT)

Just by remaining in my Savior, in His Great Love, I will surely bear much fruit. (John 15:5; 1 John 4:16)).

In God’s Great Love and by God’s Great Love, the riches of Christ will surely fill me as I believe. (Eph. 3:17-19)

“May not a single moment of my life be spent outside the light, love and joy of God’s presence.” - Andrew Murray

2016/6/25 0:40Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#7 Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

The human heart finds it incredibly hard to simply believe God.

“Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?” (Psalms 78:19 KJV)

Listen! God says:

“Is anything too hard for the LORD?” (Gen. 18:14)

2016/6/25 1:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _ 1

Excerpts from Andrew Murray’s book “The True Vine”:

I am the true vine. (John 15:1)

“All earthly things are the shadows of heavenly realities—the expression, in created, visible forms, of the invisible glory of God. The Life and the Truth are in Heaven; on earth we have figures and shadows of the heavenly truths. When Jesus says: “I am the true Vine,” He tells us that all the vines of earth are pictures and emblems of Himself. He is the divine reality, of which they are the created expression. They all point to Him, and preach Him, and reveal Him. If you would know Jesus, study the vine.”

“He speaks—oh, listen, not to His words only, but to Himself, as He whispers secretly day by day: “I am the true Vine! All that the Vine can ever be to its branch, ‘I will be to you.’”

(Andrew Murray (1828–1917) was a pastor and writer from the towns and villages of South Africa. His writings have richly blessed countless Christians through the years.)

2016/6/26 23:33Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _2

“… and my Father is the husbandman.” (John 15:1 KJV)

(“Husbandman” has also been translated as “keeper of vineyard” (BSB).)

“Christ ever lived in the spirit of what He once said: ‘The Son can do nothing of himself.’ As dependent as a vine is on a husbandman for the place where it is to grow, for its fencing in and watering and pruning, Christ felt Himself entirely dependent on the Father every day for the wisdom and the strength to do the Father’s will.”

“This absolute dependence had as its blessed counterpart the most blessed confidence that He had nothing to fear: the Father could not disappoint Him. With such a Husbandman as His Father, He could enter death and the grave. He could trust God to raise Him up. All that Christ is and has, He has, not in Himself, but from the Father.”

“Before He ever uses the word, or speaks at all of abiding in Him or bearing fruit, He turns their eyes heavenward to the Father watching over them, and working all in them. At the very root of all Christian life lies the thought that God is to do all, that our work is to give and leave ourselves in His hands, in the confession of utter helplessness and dependence, in the assured confidence that He gives all we need. The great lack of the Christian life is that, even where we trust Christ, we leave God out of the count. Christ came to bring us to God. Christ lived the life of a man exactly as we have to live it. Christ the Vine points to God the Husbandman. As He trusted God, let us trust God, that everything we ought to be and have, as those who belong to the Vine, will be given us from above.”

“As surely as the Husbandman made the Vine what it was to be, will He make each branch what it is to be. Our Father is our Husbandman, the Surety for our growth and fruit.”

2016/6/27 0:07Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ_ 3

I am the vine, you are the branches. (John 15:5)

“A branch is simply a bit of wood, brought forth by the vine for the one purpose of serving it in bearing its fruit. It is of the very same nature as the vine, and has one life and one spirit with it. Just think a moment of the lessons this suggests.”

“The branch has but one object for which it exists, one purpose to which it is entirely given up. That is, to bear the fruit the vine wishes to bring forth. And so the believer has but one reason for his being a branch—but one reason for his existence on earth —that the heavenly Vine may through him bring forth His fruit.”

“The branch is exactly like the vine in every aspect—the same nature, the same life, the same place, the same work. In all this they are inseparably one. And so the believer needs to know that he is partaker of the divine nature, and has the very nature and spirit of Christ in him, and that his one calling is to yield himself to a perfect conformity to Christ. The branch is a perfect likeness of the vine; the only difference is, the one is great and strong, and the source of strength, the other little and feeble, ever needing and receiving strength. Even so the believer is, and is to be, the perfect likeness of Christ.”

“The vine has its stores of life and sap and strength, not for itself, but for the branches. The branches are and have nothing but what the vine provides and imparts. The believer is called to, and it is his highest blessedness to enter upon, a life of entire and unceasing dependence upon Christ. Day and night, every moment, Christ is to work in him all he needs.”

“The branch has no cure; the vine provides all; it has but to yield itself and receive. It is the sight of this truth that leads to the blessed rest of faith, the true secret of growth and strength: ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.’”

“You have but one thing to do: Only be a branch—nothing more, nothing less! Just be a branch; Christ will be the Vine that gives all. And the Husbandman, the mighty God, who made the Vine what it is, will as surely make the branch what it ought to be.”

2016/6/27 0:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _ 4

“… and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit.” (John 15:2 NASB)

“The vine is the glory of the husbandman; the branch is the glory of the vine; the fruit is the glory of the branch;”

“The branches, sometimes eight and ten feet long, are cut down close to the stem, and nothing is left but just one or two inches of wood, enough to bear the grapes. It is when everything that is not needful for fruit-bearing has been relentlessly cut down, and just as little of the branches as possible has been left, that full, rich fruit may be expected.”

“God has to bring us to the end of ourselves, to the consciousness of the helplessness and the danger of all that is of man, to feel that we are nothing. All that is to be left of us is just enough to receive the power of the life-giving sap of the Holy Spirit. What is of man must be reduced to its very lowest measure.”

“This is the true circumcision of the heart, the circumcision of Christ. This is the true crucifixion with Christ, bearing about the dying of the Lord Jesus in the body.”

2016/6/27 10:31Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _ 5

Abide in me, and I in you. (John 15:4)

“The graft shoots its little roots and fibers down into the stem, and the stem grows up into the graft, and what has been called the structural union is effected. The graft abides and becomes one with the vine, and even though the vine were to die, would still be one wood with it. Then there is the second process, in which the sap of the vine enters the new structure, and uses it as a passage through which sap can flow up to show itself in young shoots and leaves and fruit. Here is the vital union. Into the graft which abides in the stock, the stock enters with sap to abide in it.”

“We have to trust and obey, to detach ourselves from all else, to reach out after Him and cling to Him, to sink ourselves into Him. As we do this, through the grace He gives, a character is formed, and a heart prepared for the fuller experience: ‘I in you,’ God strengthens us with might by the Spirit in the inner man, and Christ dwells in the heart by faith.”

“The work enjoined on us: ‘Abide in me,’ will prepare us for the work undertaken by Him: ‘I in you.’”

2016/6/27 21:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _ 6

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.” (John 15:4 NASB)

“There is but one way for the branch to bear fruit, there is no other possibility, it must abide in unbroken communion with the vine. Not of itself, but only of the vine, does the fruit come. Christ had already said: ‘Abide in me’; in nature the branch teaches us the lesson so clearly;”

“Our blessed Lord desires to call us away from ourselves and our own strength, to Himself and His strength.”

“Abiding in the Vine then comes to be nothing more nor less than the restful surrender of the soul to let Christ have all and work all, as completely as in nature the branch knows and seeks nothing but the vine.”

2016/6/28 9:41Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _ 7

I am the vine, you are the branches (John 15:5)

“study this holy mystery until you see Christ as the true Vine, bearing, strengthening, supplying, inspiring all His branches, being and doing in each branch all it needs, and the abiding will come of itself.”

“How much weary labor there has been in striving to understand what abiding is, how much fruitless effort in trying to attain it! Why was this? Because the attention was turned to the abiding as a work we have to do, instead of the living Christ, in whom we were to be kept abiding, who Himself was to hold and keep us. we thought of abiding as a continual strain and effort—we forget that it means rest from effort to one who has found the place of his abode.”

“Abide in Me, rest in Me, and let Me do My work”.

“I am the Vine, only consent and yield thy all to Me, I will do all in thee.”

“Come out of every other place, and every other trust and occupation, come out of self with its reasonings and efforts, come and rest in what I shall do. Live out of thyself; abide in Me. Know that thou art in Me; thou needest no more; remain there in Me.”

“Let each day, in our quiet time, in the inner chamber with Him and His Word, our chief thought and aim be to get the heart fixed on Him, in the assurance: all that a vine ever can do for its branches, my Lord Jesus will do, is doing, for me. Give Him time, give Him your ear, that He may whisper and explain the divine secret: ‘I am the vine.’”

“Above all, remember, Christ is the Vine of God’s planting, and you are a branch of God’s grafting. Ever stand before God, in Christ; ever wait for all grace from God, in Christ; ever yield yourself to bear the more fruit the Husbandman asks, in Christ. And pray much for the revelation of the mystery that all the love and power of God that rested on Christ is working in you too. ‘I am God’s Vine,’ Jesus says; ‘all I am I have from Him; all I am is for you; God will work it in you.’

“I am the Vine. Blessed Lord, speak Thou that word into my soul. Then shall I know that all Thy fullness is for me. And that I can count upon Thee to stream it into me, and that my abiding is so easy and so sure when I forget and lose myself in the adoring faith that the Vine holds the branch and supplies its every need.”

“A branch, nothing in myself, and yet resting and rejoicing in the faith that knows that He will provide for all. Yes, by His grace, I will be nothing less than a branch, and all He means it to be, that through me, He may bring forth His fruit.”

“You need be nothing more. You need not for one single moment of the day take upon you the responsibility of the Vine.”

“Your life and strength and fruit depend upon what your Lord Jesus is! Therefore worship and trust Him; let Him be your one desire and the one occupation of your heart.”

“The Vine reveals itself within the branch; thence comes the growth and fruit, Christ dwells and works within His branch; only be a branch, waiting on Him to do all.”

2016/6/28 9:56Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#8 “I AM in you” – Received in union with Christ _8

Apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:5)

“As little as I can give it myself, can I maintain or increase it: every motion is the work of God through Christ and His Spirit. It is as a man believes this, that he will take up that position of entire and continual dependence which is the very essence of the life of faith. With the spiritual eye he sees Christ every moment supplying grace for every breathing and every deepening of the spiritual life. His whole heart says Amen to the word: You can do nothing. And just because he does so, he can also say: “I can do all things in Christ who strengtheneth me.” The sense of helplessness, and the abiding to which it compels, leads to true fruitfulness and diligence in good works.”

“all that is self must be brought low, that our confidence may be in Christ alone.”

2016/6/28 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy