SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the gospel message?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

What is the gospel message?

Mark 16:15,

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation,"

Brothers and sisters I believe we would agree that the above verse applies to us just as it did to the early disciples. A question comes to mind. What is the gospel message? What are we to be preaching? What would the early disciples be understanding that Jesus was commanding them to do? And what message are we to be preaching?

Respectfully submitted my brother Blaine

2016/6/3 20:39
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: What js the gospel message?

Of course there is a message and ways to explain the Good News. But ultimately I believe the Good News is a "Person" Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of humanity redeeming them to God. And those redeemed become disciples that follow in relationship their Lord out of appreciation for the mercy of God who saved them.

"They had the Good News message of the resurrection of Christ and the hope of trusting in Him for eternal life.266 This message of God’s love is open to all humanity267 and is not to be a message of condemnation.268 “We can only rely on the precious blood of Jesus Christ on the cross to be saved. We are saved; not by our own power, but our salvation is the gracious gift of God to us.”269"

God has made us who were sinners to become saints not just in word but in actual experience. Such is our standing now that we become holy because of the blood of Christ and His redeeming work. Our heart is made new as we grow into His likeness.

from: https://ia800202.us.archive.org/28/items/principlesv4/11_Principle10.pdf

So it is not just a message of forgiveness but a life of "following" the very Son of God that dies for our sins.

2016/6/3 21:23Profile
docs

Re: Of first importance

1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,

2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, (I Cor 15:1-4)

45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that THE CHRIST WOULD SUFFER and rise again from the dead the third day,

47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

48 You are witnesses of these things. (Luke 24:42-48)

22 So, having obtained help from God, I stand to this day testifying both to small and great, stating nothing but what Moses and the prophets said was going to take place; NOTHING BUT WHAT MOSES AND THE PROPHETS SAID WAS GOING TO TAKE PLACE;

23 that the CHRIST WAS TO SUFFER, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.” (Acts 26:19-23)

2016/6/4 9:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

Just to add to those points on the gospel ,,

God granting repentance ,and the ability to repent is great news ,and part of the gospel ,,

That's was proclaimed by Jesus Paul and Peter ,as part of the gospel message ........

2016/6/4 10:01Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Revelation 14:6-7

2016/6/4 16:20Profile
passerby

Re:

If the gospel is all good news, then it is not the whole message of God.

2016/6/4 18:45Profile
brothagary

Re:

Exelent Steve...

Technically,you must be right passerby..

Jesus also said teaching them to observe all , that he taught.....

But blain might be asking ,what would be gospel regarding evengisim....

2016/6/4 19:01Profile
passerby

Re:

I put it that way to reminds us that good news is not the whole that God is tellings us. As to the style and content of evangelism it really depends on the guidance of the Lord at a particular moment but the worker must be diligent to seek the whole counsel of God, not to win debates but to win and edify souls for the Lord.

2016/6/4 20:05Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen

2016/6/4 21:22Profile
Elibeth

Re: What js the gospel message?

Bro. Blaine,

The gospel message,is The gospel of the kingdom of God / heaven...
and the principles of that Kingdom,that Jesus preached in the 'gospels'
and was continued to be preached,from Acts through Rev.

And Blaine,may I elaborate, a little farther ?

We know,where there is a Kingdom,there is a King, (Ruler )and when we are in a kingdom,we have a King to obey,and the flesh wants to self-rule.....REBELS.

So when we talk like this,,..some want to think,...LAW, or WORKS,

But that is not what He has called us to.( not to read the law,and try to
DO it,or to DO this GOOD thing or that,......NO

He has called us,..( by His grace ) to be filled with His Spirit,and be LED BY HIS SPIRIT,...( eyes to see by The Spirit,ears to hear,by The Spirit.
To hear His voice,..To walk,...to obey,...to DO,..What He speaks / LEDs,..says,..commands,through His Spirit....If, we followed Jesus,..wouldn't we have to follow God,( Who is the Spirit / Word).?
Jesus followed His Father,God.
Who we know is ! The King over The Kingdom of God / Heaven.

We know it is a narrow Way,..because that is what Jesus said.

He also said,
"I Am The Way,The Truth and The Life."

When we see the word "JESUS" wrote out or think of Him,..Do we SEE Jesus,as the man,...that word spelled out,..or do we see Him as everything that came / comes out of His mouth,through leading us ?..( The Way ) ,which is Truth,that brings Life ?

"It is The Fathers good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

It is a Spiritual / a Heavenly Kingdom,....a resurrected life ( Life )

Can we believe,..in our heart,..that we have been resurrected / raised from the dead ? To serve The Living God ?

Paul's gospel,..(The gospel of God ) ( The same gospel that Jesus taught ) was always telling one's how to live in The Kingdom,...or would not inherit The Kingdom of God.

Through the lovingness of Him,

Thank you Blaine,for asking such a great and needful question.

--------------------------
elizabeth

2016/6/4 22:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy