SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Man alive. How did I ever get along with five?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hi brothers and sisters,

Let us stand fast in the liberty Christ brought us into.
Let us be careful not to make new "laws" for ourselves to live up to, when believing in Jesus,depending on the Holy Spirit is sufficient. (Abiding in the Vine)

Jesus said to a burdened people in Israel (burdened by additional man made rules and commandments): " Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Let us labour to enter into the rest of faith.

Not I but Christ!

2016/6/6 6:44Profile
brothagary

Re:

Oh good brenda ,,it did seem like that ,that way you said it ,because many dear saints do not believe they love god perfecly ,which would be be with all mind heart soul strength ,100 percent of the time ,no slips ,,,

You know what i mean we only need to slip up and sin with a thought, once a month , and in that month ,we failed to love god with all heart and mind ,because the sin was in the mind .

Just imagine jesus fulfilled that old testamant law ,perfecty for 33 years.

Its just something we will never do .

Now i dont want to take away from the idea or belief in intire santfication ,seconed blessing thrid blessing or what haveyou..

Thats great what god can do for some , but what jesus did was perfection a spotless life , and that life is layed in our account the righeousness of god ,justafacation based on the faith of the son of god ,and the imputed perfection of our god man jesus .

I want my hope to be christ and not in my self ,for at all levels of holiness i will still fall short of the pure glory of christ ...

Who will asend the holy hill ,
He who has clean hands and a pure heart ,
One who has never ever lifted up his soul to idols ,wood or stone ,or idols of the heart..

Thank god for jesus christ ,our saviour!!

2016/6/6 7:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
24:4 He that has clean hands, and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek your face, O Jacob. Selah.
24:7 Lift up your heads, O all of you gates; and be all of you lift up, all of you everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

The Psalmist is quite clear: the text is speaking of those who seek the Lord not the Lord Himself. In various places in scripture we are told that we will receive a pure heart and cleansing by the HOLY Spirit and which the whole of the OT speaks of, for His people, the holiness of Jesus imparted to them.

Those who seek are required to turn from all sin that they are aware of to show they are serious, hence the text "has not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully" and not never ever as you have inserted.

The text also says that the person shall receive salvation which us not Christ.

I do not believe it is acceptable for a man to sin every day: we are to walk in holiness, and hopefully for the rest of our lives but as Wesley says, falls happen. I did not fall because of sin, it was due to failing to depend entirely on the Lord over something. We are not in agreement about sanctification.

2016/6/6 8:30

Re:

Gary, I don't have time now but will explain what Jesus meant by what He said when He said, "Be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is". That verse came at the end of the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus was contrasting many things of God with the "righteousness" of the religionists (pharisees). They manipulated and controlled people with their version of the law.

I will leave you with this and come back, later.

YOU MUST HAVE WHAT HE IS (LIFE) TO BE WHAT HE WAS (PERFECT)
By: Major W. Ian Thomas

For godliness is not the consequence of your capacity to imitate God, but the consequence of His capacity to reproduce Himself in you; not self-righteousness, but Christ-righteousness; the righteousness which is by faith ­ a faith which by renewed dependence upon God releases His divine action, to restore the marred image of the Invisible God. It is not inactivity, but Christ-activity; God in action accomplishing the divine end through human personality - never reducing man to the status of a cabbage, but exalting man to the stature of king! "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).

At first sight this might seem to offer to you the possibility of sinless perfection as the result of spiritual regeneration, but this is far from being the case; for it is only your faith and your obedience which allow Him to be in you now what He was then (perfect) - and you will be what He was then only to the degree in which you allow Him to be in you what He is now (perfect)!

All of the Father was available to all of the Son, because by His faith-love relationship, all of the Son was available to all of the Father, and this constituted His perfect manhood; and the availability of the Son to you will be in the degree of your availability to the Son, because of your faith-love relationship to Him!

2016/6/6 8:48
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hi all,

I think Romans chapters 6, 7 and 8 are very enlightening as far as our sanctification is concerned.
Although Christ is made unto us sanctification and in Him we are set apart unto God for righteousness and positionally in the eyes of God we are "dead" to sin and alive unto God in Christ, there is also a process of sanctification that must take place, as Paul explains. We must "present" our members (physical bodies) as servants of righteousness.We must "mortify" the deeds of the body. We can do so, because the same Spirit that raised up Christ dwells in us and "quickens" our mortal bodies.
While we are still in our unredeemed/ unglorified bodies, we will face temptation and sometimes fail...but we must press on in faith and obedience and we should see the Word become real in our lives that..."the path of the righteous grows brighter day by day"

2016/6/6 8:49Profile

Re:

Amen, StirItUp,

God's will for us is to **experience** righteousness in our lives, not just say "we are righteous in Christ".

2016/6/6 10:54
brothagary

Re:

The only point i was makeing in the last post brenda ,is we have all lifted up our soul to vanity,,so there will be no asending the holy hill for any of us ,unless for the inputation of the righteousness of god , not even our new life would be perfect enough, like james says we all stumbel in many things..

The text acualy say has not ,whichmeans ,has not , rather then has lifted his soul up to vanity at some point long ago ,, thats not consistent to the text, to imply that .....

2016/6/6 15:14Profile
brothagary

Re:

Julius, you definition of god and his perfection is to low if you think you can be like god in that scence,,i dont think ian is talking about sinless perfection , which is what god is and what christ preached .

That was the high standard of law preaching , to humblel the hearers, to stop evey mouth bring accountability of the people before god ,that the gopsle could do its work and savethe sinner,,,imhave not come to call the righeous but the sinner , and he was the saviour of the world ,because they were all sinners , no one managed to be perfect like jesus and escape the guilt of the law ..

2016/6/6 15:24Profile
brothagary

Re:

Stir it up, amen ,i hope we dont have any that would disagree with that ..

Sangtfication,is the evidence of justification...

2016/6/6 15:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy