SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Man alive. How did I ever get along with five?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Docs said:
"If we are now witnessing to someone out of the NT and we can unflinchingly claim that what we are showing them from the NT was prophesied many many long years before it actualy happened then that can exponentially increase the impact the word has in my opinion. God said all these things before they even happened and God is then glorified ia the God who knows and reveals the end from the beginning before it even happens. I am coming to believe more strongly that we put ourselves at a disadvantage if we keep our witnessing of Christ coming from the NT only. What a great prophetic symmetry of prophecy and fulfillment the Old and New Testament form."
Amen.
The prophecy and the proof that Christ indeed came in the flesh is powerful. Our personal revelation needs to be authenticated by these scriptures just as Pauls revelation was authenticated by those who had been with Jesus.

2016/6/3 9:28

Re:

Hello Gary

So why do you think that the Lord commanded it and even made it the first commandment? Is He loving giving us commandments we cannot keep and would need therefore to be constantly repenting of in sorrow?

No, He gives us a pure heart that can love Him perfectly.

2016/6/3 9:29

Re:

John 13:6-10

6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

John 15:3-4
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

2016/6/3 9:51
brothagary

Re:

Hi Brenda so you have loved the lord perfectly your whole Christian life ,you never sinned against a him in thought word deed

James says we all stumble in many things ...

That's why we still need the cross ,,because we don't love God perfectly ,Jesus did and that's why he doesn't need the cross, but why he he was the spot less lamb who as fit to die on the cross ,.

We deceive our self is we say we have no sin ..

The Jesus loved the father perfectly ,fulfilling the law of Moses perfectly is not something any mortal men or woman can ever do this side of heaven ...

When we See him ,we shall be like him ,for we will see him for what he is, I think Paul said that .....

2016/6/3 9:59Profile
brothagary

Re:

Brenda the commandments from the law of Moses which is what Jesus quoted and expanded , Paul said were given to show us and convict us of sin ,,,,Jesus was great at doing it to in his preaching ,,,be perfect as God your father is perfect ,,,,,,,,try living up to that standard ,,,,,,,, well Jesus did ,he fullfilled the law ,the first and last that wlill perfectly do it , tho we try ,we fall short ,it humbles us keep Christs on the throun and us at his feet where we belong at this day and age ......

2016/6/3 10:05Profile

Re:

Brothers and sisters I would like to thank you for posting on this thread. I have read your posts with interest. And I thank you for your contributions to my question. Albeit posted from a humorous kid's commercial. Yet the question still remains. How did the first century church get the gospel out to the eastern end of the Mediterranean in the first 30 years of its existence. As a matter of fact the Apostle Paul considered the fact that his work was done in the eastern end of the Mediterranean that he was looking at going all the way over to Spain. So how did the first century Church do it without a completed Bible. And by implication without seminaries and Mission organizations. Yet in reading your posts I'm surprised that no one has touched upon the Person who is the dynamic of Acts.

Brothers and sisters at the end of Matthew Jesus gives His disciples, and by implication us, a commission. We call this the Great Commission. In Matthew 28:18-20 we read,

... All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I Am With you always, even to the end of the age...

This must have seen the monumental task for a group of ragtag disciples that wondered how were they going to go out and make disciples of all the nations. Yet Jesus gave this promise at the end of Matthew 28 when he said and lo I Am With You always even to the end of the age.

The disciples must have wondered how would Jesus be with them since he was resurrected. Consider now Acts 1:8,

... but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be my Witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth...

It was by being baptized in the Holy Spirit. It was by receiving His power. It was by Jesus Himself being in the hearts of the disciples that they were able to go out and to be the witnesses even to the remotest part of the Earth.

One who encountered Christ was the Apostle Paul. One who knew the power of the Spirit and the grace of God was the Apostle Paul. In 1 Cor. 15:9-10 we read,

... For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me...

In reading this passage one would think that Paul is making a pretty audacious and almost arrogant claim. That he is saying he labored more than all of the apostles put together. And these were men who had walked and talked with Jesus. Yet here is a testimony of our brother in Romans 15:17-29

... Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God. For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed, in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as you lyric um I have fully preached the gospel of Christ...

And then Paul goes on to further state in Romans 15:23,

... but now, with no further place for me in these regions, and since I have had for many years a longing to come to you whenever I go to Spain---

Brothers and sisters Paul had already completed his assignment in the Eastern end of the Mediterranean. Being the Visionary that Paul was he was looking to take the gospel all the way to the Western end of the Mediterranean period one would almost wonder how far Paul would have gone had he not been martyred in Rome.

Notice that Paul had preached the gospel through the power of Jesus in Him, that by his Holy Spirit. Paul tells the Corinthians thay his words were not with wise and persuasive words. He did not come with the superiority of speech. But his message was with a demonstration of the Spirit's power. This is recorded in the first few verses of 1st Corinthians 2.

Brothers and sisters Paul was preaching Christ crucified. This is what the disciples preached. They preached the death burial, and resurrection of Jesus. This is the gospel Paul lays out in 1st Corinthians 15 in the first few verses.

If we wanted to see what the apostles were preaching look in the first few chapters of Acts. Peter in his first sermon definitely lays out the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Under the power of the Holy Spirit he boldly tells the Jews that they had crucified Christ and put him on the cross. Whereas before this fishermen had denied Jesus In the Flesh before a servant girl. Now under the power of the Holy Spirit Peter is declaring to all of the Jews and even later to the Jewish leadership, the Sanhedrin, they crucified Christ.

At the risk of being controversial I want to say that Peter and Paul were preaching the vross of Christ. They were not preaching Moses. But under the power of the Holy Spirit they were setting forth the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This was the message and still is the message of the church that was birthed at Pentecost.

Brothers and sisters I apologize for the lengthy post. But suffice to say the early church had accomplished the work of preaching the gospel at least in the Eastern end of the Mediterranean because they were baptized in the Holy Spirit. This is why they were able to fulfill the Great Commission without the use of the cannon.

Simply my thoughts as gleamed from scripture.

2016/6/3 10:08
brothagary

Re:

When we see us as Christians ,as perfect as Christ ,,we mar the view we should have of the utter perfect spotless lamb ,,, and we elevate the view of our self to uncalled height ,,Paul said be lowly in our view of our self ......

2016/6/3 10:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

Blain one of Paul's workers Timothy's who was part Greek who worked with paul preaching to the Gentiles was told by Paul that the Old Testament is God breathed and sufishent for him ,and obviously others , because it was pastering letter to tim on how he should conduct his ministry, with rebukes and reproved and correction ......

10You, however, have observed my teaching, my conduct, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my endurance, 11my persecutions, and the sufferings that came upon me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. What persecutions I endured! Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12Indeed, all who desire to live godly lives in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

14But as for you, continue in the things you have learned and firmly believed, since you know from whom you learned them. 15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

Brother brother look look ,,at the context ,the context expound the letter ....

Paul said to continue in the things he has learned and believed in verses 14 ,then verse 15. ,Paul says it is the scripture the Old Testament ,which is obviously how paul taught the reality of Christ along with his own experience and gospel ,,,but note Paul as emphases on the Old Testament rather then Paul's revelations ,,,noting that timothey was teaching Gentiles this Paul's adoninishings to teach from the old scripture ..

2016/6/3 10:23Profile

Re:

Docs,
You make some great points and I have really enjoyed reading what you've written in this thread (& the thread as a whole for the most part too). I know on the "I Met Messiah" & "I found Shalom" short video testimonies that One for Israel Ministries put on YouTube, for a great many of the Jews who came to Christ, it was Isaiah 53 in particular primarily that the Lord used to show them the truth of Jesus as the Messiah having been the suffering servant who died for their sins. Anyways, as I usually do, I wanted to say that I really enjoyed your contributions to the thread here!
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/6/3 10:23

Re:

Hi Gary

No l have fallen off the wagon at times and began to trust in my flesh but we will leave it there.

We make a grave error if we interpret scripture according to our experience rather than by the inner light of the Spirit that makes us long for what is true, and fail to take clear words as they are spoken without distorting them by misinterpretations elsewhere.

2016/6/3 11:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy