Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anger with God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

100% of the time, our anger with God is bred out of a lack of faith, a lack of control, or a lack of understanding. Look at how Job reacted. That man was righteous and did not at all sin in such a way as to cause the trials that he went through. If there was any man that had a right to be angry with God, it was him, but look at his reaction--repentance and trust in the Lord.

And I most certainly believe that a believer can indeed be angry at God and not break fellowship with Him. You can't break fellowship with your earthly father while he is whooping your butt for doing wrong. The 2nd you fall into anger with the Lord, you'll incur loving correction and constant conviction--evidence of His continual presence with you.

Psalm 139

2016/5/31 14:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I always thought Job was a tad angry with God- which resulted in Gods several chapter cross examination.

As far as your first sentence, I can probably agree. But the problem is that there are things that cannot be explained or understood. You will say that is where faith comes in. Agreed- but the anger is caused by the difficulty in having faith when certain horrific things happen.

In other words, how can one say with a straight face that they have faith that there is purpose in God allowing the torture of young children, for example.

2016/5/31 14:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,

Well He has always "allowed" things like that to happen, if you are of the school of thought that thinks Him in an absolute control position....
I do not see His authority like that tho I'm aware many do-

I feel allot like brother Neil on this in that He is sooo good to me and I have never personally felt angry with Him, tho I have a close friend that does and his is a roller coaster ride for sure!

2016/5/31 18:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well- ultimately He is is an absolute control position. He may not cause certain things but neither does he prevent them- either because he is unable (wrong) or chooses not to. Of course that debate has been going on for centuries.

So we are left with trying to explain how unimaginable horrors further His purposes.

Like I said I have never been angry at God for myself. I might get angry on behalf of another this Thursday, however. I am praying that will not be the case.

2016/5/31 19:50Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

The Lord is righteous and just. If I found out tomorrow that I had stage 4 cancer and my friends were getting angry with God over it, I'd be frustrated with them.

I don't like the idea of kids getting tortured. Not at all. I better not be around when it happens. But to cast anger at God because He is the "agent" of it? That isn't right. The bible itself says that God doesn't tempt anyone. It also says He is good and holy and just and perfect.

I believe that--regardless of any circumstance.

God has been good to me and He saved me and has blessed me. But I grew up in an abusive home. There were things I was exposed to as a child that I never should have seen or had to deal with. However, if someone was angry at God because of my situation, I'd tell them to get over themselves. I don't want or need sympathy. What would getting angry at God do to help me? Nothing.

2016/6/1 7:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well stated, havok.

2016/6/1 9:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy