SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts on.... Star Wars - Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Thoughts on.... Star Wars - Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

Yolanda posted this to her blog and I thought it would be interesting to share here and maybe it would bless someone who reads it:

I'm sure that... Christians going to go see the latest Star Wars in theaters may be a controversy for some of you. However, I went and saw it last night and... you know how some movies just kind of... stick with you? They either get you thinking about things or... there's just a feeling it leaves you with that you can't seem to shake? Somehow fantasy enters into your reality. Well... this might sound funny but... after seeing Star Wars Episode III last night... it really inspired my prayer time. It just really got me to thinking about how so many people are deceived in this life. The feeling the movie has left me with is sadness. What an eye opening illustration of how deception leads to ultimate self destruction! I don't know what else really to write... or entirely how to express my thoughts and feelings. The difference perhaps between the evilness portrayed in the movie and the evilness portrayed in our real world is that it was obvious in the movie. But in the world we live in, I think evilness, in many forms, is concealed and covered in beauty, glamour, power and other appealing, alluring things. But beneath the surface of all these seemingly harmless facades lurks darkness, destruction and lies. All I know is that my resolve to faithfully and loyally serve my Lord has gotten stronger. I do not want to betray my Lord and my God for deception that will lead to my ultimate downfall. I want to keep fighting the good fight. I don't want to take life for granted or lose focus on what it's all about as a Christian. I want all hindrances to be cast aside, allowing me to live up to my potential in Christ, my Savior.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=flame_of_fire

2005/5/25 18:03Profile

Re: Thoughts on.... Star Wars - Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

yes! My favorite part of the movie was near the end, when Yoda told Obi to sheperd the baby Luke to Tatooine, and then to oversee him, and as Yoda put it, "Obi wan, you still have much to learn"....upon Obi's quizzical look, Yoda replied that he would be "communing" with his old teacher Qui-qon....loved that! Communing with the spirit of his teacher, my son asked me why I liked that lil moment so much, and I told him, in an ideal intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus, thats what we do with the Lord...we "commune" with Him and He teaches us all things......it was a good moment between me and my boy.....

y'know, while we are on the subject of films, one of the very few I've come to love in the past three years is "Master and Commander, the Far Side of the World"......there's a moment, when after the drowning suicide of a distraught midshipman, Captain Aubrey, with a open Bible prays to God for forgiveness for himself and the crew for letting this man down. The ship had been stuck in the doldrums for weeks, no wind. as he finishes praying, we see the sails begin to puff slightly as the wind starts.....we hear the captain quietly breathe out, "God be praised".

it was one of those quiet movie moments that was wonderful.

2005/5/25 19:04

I know what you are saying Greg, I feel this way after watching a really interesting movie. It makes you want to serve the LORD more than ever, and your relationship seems to be stronger. I guess it's because the visual effects our thinking to the point where we see a situation that relates to the word and in a sense we get ministered. It's like going to a really good church service and you received a touch from the LORD and you want to give Him all you've got.

I've watched movies like Ben-Hur, an older movie, but a movie just the same. But it stirs my heart to let go and let God have His wonderful way, instead of going thru the miserable road of unforgiveness and revenge as Judah Ben-Hur chose to do.

Neilgin, I liked that part too in Master and Commander. It's was like God held that ship in a place of turmoil for several days until that situation was rectified, and when everyone was sorry for what happened, the winds began to blow. And seeing the look on the Captains face, it was like a holy reverence, basically saying, "I believed in God, but now I really believe in God."

In the Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, if we have a group of people watching the battle scene and the morning when Gandelf is coming down the hillside with a host behind him, I would proclaim, "Behold the LORD cometh with ten thousands of His saints"

Yeah, I can see where your coming from.

Karl

2005/5/25 20:21
ellie

UK

Re:

Hi healingwaters its ellie from the uk you know the PARCEL Darlington.

2005/5/25 20:35Profile
Spitfire

I'm so glad you put this up, Greg (and Yodi). I loved the spiritual parallels in the Star Wars movie and I talked about one on another thread. The movie really got me thinking also.

You know, one of the things I thought of as I sat in the theatre was how I used to watch Star Trek as a child and they used these wireless things that were handheld called "communicators". I can remember as a child thinking, how can it ever be possible to communicate without wires? And the wild thing is, now we have something just like that, and it's only been about 30 years ago. As I sat in that theatre remembering this, I wondered how long God would wait before this age comes to a close. And if the Lord tarries, what will this world be like then? And how much more difficult will it be for future generations to remain faithful in the midst of such a self-consumed world? I was just realizing how important it is for us to be faithful and to teach faithfullness to our children and grandchildren and even to pray for future generations which we may never see. I did that when I came home from the movie.
Just something to think about. Love, Dian.

2005/5/25 22:28Profile
Compton

Re: Uncle Vader

Fun movie with more special effects per square inch then any movie I've see yet...

One of things that struck me in the Revenge of the Sith was the way the Jedi order started dealing in grays instead of black and white. They compromised and allowed deception and political manuvering to become part of their strategy...I guess they didn't trust their "force" enough.

In any case this gave extra moral weight to the enemy and added confusion and hurt to Anakin. (AKA Darth Vader.)

BTW, where did Obi Wan find that big green iguanna creature? All of the sudden he's riding on the back of this huge dragon!? It was way cool but what in the world was it? (Besides a great toy license...)

Actually my favorite moment from Star Wars was from the Burger King commercial where this guy just won a million dollars from a sweepstakes game.

Darth Vader appears at his door, breathes and and says something like "Jeff, I am your father." The guy answers back, "No you aren't...you just want my money."

Darth tries again. " Jeff, I am your...uncle."

MC

2005/5/25 22:48Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: The Sword of the Jedi?--or The Sword of the Spirit

Anakin tells Padme:
"Something's happening -- I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more, and I know I shouldn’t.”

The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough. Proverbs 30:15,16

Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
Proverbs 27:20

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. ....The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Matthew 4:1;8-11

“One little word will fell him.”
Martin Luther

“The Scriptures, the touch, the presence, and the love of Christ lived out coalesce the vital components of Word and deed, which become the sword of the Spirit to break down the armored resistance of a culture at war with His truth. For ultimately, all pursuits apart from God lead to alienation and loneliness that only the touch of Christ can resolve. The Christian, therefore, stands in the position to proclaim and live the truth that reaches the mind, stirs the heart and purifies the imagination. The regenerative power of the Word is what makes it indispensable to every culture in every century.”

Ravi Zacharias
[u]Biblical Authority and Cultural Relativism[/u]

2005/5/26 5:01Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

I don't think I've seen any of these movies from outer space or wherever it is. Interesting it should get on this site. I did here somebody say this was a spiritual movie, somebody sort of comparing it to a/their christian belief.
jouko

2005/5/26 5:53Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

The moment that most impacted me during the movie was when the Emperor/Senator was announcing how the Jedi had tried to kill him and how they must join together to fight "the resistance". He's obviously deceiving them, yet they clap their hands in wild uproar, thinking he is saving "the republic" when what he is really doing is building his evil empire.

Padme is there and says "So this is how liberty is destroyed, with wild applause."

Wow. What a great picture of what awaits for the earth in the last days, a great deception from a world leader, who promises peace and yet breathes lies and plots murder. The world will cheer him, and in doing so throws their freedom out the window.

May we cling to Christ, who alone is good, trustworthy, holy, and righteous! He alone gives freedom, and yet the world would seek to be "free" in their own, often religious way.

"Who the SON sets free, is free indeed."

2005/5/26 10:33Profile
Philip

Kansas, USA

Hello,

I haven't been on here for quite a while, but when I got on and saw the discussion about Star Wars and it's spiritual messages, my heart was greived.

I have only a question... was the movie pleasing to God? If it was, how so? If not, then why are we watching and supporting it?

The way that we decieve ourselves continually amazes me. We spiritualize our lust for entertainment and claim to get something good from it to justify our love of the world. As Leonard Ravenhill says, we spend 2 stinking hours in a movie house, but we don't spend half an hour with our Lord. God help us! May he break our hearts with his love.

A question we should always ask ourselves, "Who taught us this? God? Our own mind? the World? or the Devil?"

Who taught us that Star Wars is good? It is full of the occult, even on the good side. They speak to the dead, levitate, manipulate peoples thoughts, manipulate objects, have remote viewing and all kinds of other occultic powers all under the label of the force. If these were witches and warlocks, we would not even see the movie, but since it is Jedis and Aliens we don't seem to mind. Where do they get these powers? How easily we are duped because we are not near to God. Free us Lord from our love of the world. May God break our hardened hearts to weep for the evil in this land, and not call evil good.

2005/5/26 10:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy