SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ministering Angels.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
browny

Ministering Angels.

I have just listened to a sermon of brother Tozer on Angels.
in my view , a beautiful and clear Sermon
He mentions that the angels came to Jesus and served Him . Also in others parts of the Bible we read about " ministering Angels."

I wonder what this means ? It says for example, that angels baked bread...........
I don't want a discussion about -encounters with angels- !!!
Only the Bible speaks a lot about angels .
Therefore, it is good to know more of this. Let's have a discussion in the biblical truth.
What the NAR is telling about all encounter stories with Angels I reject as Bible truth. This is, in my opinion all New Age stuff...... and also a spiritual reality ........reality yes, only not of my Heavenly Father.

My question is .... how do Angels ministering today?

The sermon I was;

http://ia600803.us.archive.org/10/items/SERMONINDEX_SID2002/SID2002.mp3

browny.

2016/5/22 10:38Profile
dohzman

Re: Ministering Angels.

I believe you only have to look at how they ministered in the Bible to know how they minister today. Why would the Lord change?

2016/5/22 16:24Profile
browny

Re:

Yes, you a right dohzman.

Thank you.

Shalom,
browny

2016/5/22 23:22Profile

Re:

yeah, that's right dohzman. I remember Charles and Frances Hunter in the 80's. At their conferences they would be going on and on about their 20ft angels and could tell the audience where they were standing on the stage and what color suits they were wearing. It was pitiful to behold. And what was most pitiful is all the people that were swallowing it, "hook, line and sinker".

2016/5/23 0:24

Re:

Just did a bit of reading about "angels" - quite interesting.
The Biblical meaning is not quite the same as the traditional "religious" meaning

"a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God "

John the Baptist was also an "angel" , a messenger

I think it is important to try and look at it in a wider context.We know that Jesus has now all power and authority in heaven and on earth.
Therefore I believe He is the author of the (godly ) messages.
He can send them in different ways, in a "natural " way through a preacher or through a dream or many other ways.

A very useful tool to find out how the word is used in the Bible is "Strongs Concordance "

Edited: removed the Link

2016/5/23 0:48

Re:

I think they are talking about "ministering spirits", Markuskiwi. Real angels.

2016/5/23 1:30
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother Markuskiwi,

Just to let you know that the site you are using for the strongs concordance is one even my wife used early on as a new believer but they endorse keeping the ten commandments and this is the error of the book of Hebrews of going back from Christ to the law. Just thought it would be good for you not to endorse them as we do not want to promote these teachings to saints.

I did a quick search, here are other strong concordance searches, I am sure you could find better that is not tied into these wrong teachings.

http://www.yrm.org/strongs/

2016/5/23 6:33Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Brother Markuskiwi,

The site you linked to I used to visit when a brand new believer. It can be be confusing and is very dangerous because they teach that the New Covenant is simply a renewed Old Covenant and that we are required to observe all the feast days, clean/unclean meats, the Torah including details such as tassels, etc.

The Lord set me free by His Word as I sought His truth as contained in the New Testament. He especially used these verses to set me free as a new Christian:

1 John 3:22-23

Galatians 3:10-13 and Galatians 4:21-26

There are some useful resources on the site but they can be found on other sites, praise God

2016/5/23 6:58Profile
browny

Re:

Thank's warning for this site Greg and Followthelamb.
And also for giving a new and "safe" link.
http://www.yrm.org/strongs/

Shalom,
browny.

2016/5/23 8:32Profile
dohzman

Re:

Personally I like Blue Letter Bible On line I won't link it here but it is easy enough to find. A good resource to used all the way around.

2016/5/23 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy