SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Why does a Christian sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///If Satan has no control inside Jesus, then how can we believe that he has control to put lusts inside us? Can we also boldly resist him saying he has no hold inside me? I can but you cannot because you believe that Satan has access into you. Think hard in what you believe. Do not believe anything just plainly.///

That was my understanding of the purpose of Tucs writings.

To encourage us to put on the shield of faith,wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

I find many of tucs writings an encouragement to me.

All of the Preachers that I am aware of on SI are in agreement with me that the devil is able to inject thoughts or feelings into us. Charles Spurgeon ,David Wilkerson ,Jim Cymbla Zac Poonen etc. They are honest with there own struggles and past struggles and because they are there writings and sermons are a great blessing and encouragement to me.

2016/5/18 20:39Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Let's look at the scriptures regarding this, brothers and sisters, so that we are not of our own opinion on the matter:

1 Chronicles 21:1-3 - Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel. So David said to Joab and to the leaders of the people, “Go, number Israel from Beersheba to Dan, and bring the number of them to me that I may know it.” And Joab answered, “May the Lord make His people a hundred times more than they are. But, my lord the king, are they not all my lord’s servants? Why then does my lord require this thing? Why should he be a cause of guilt in Israel?”

2 Samuel 24:1-3 - Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” So the king said to Joab the commander of the army who was with him, “Now go throughout all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and count the people, that I may know the number of the people.” And Joab said to the king, “Now may the Lord your God add to the people a hundred times more than there are, and may the eyes of my lord the king see it. But why does my lord the king desire this thing?”

Note: This has an interesting dynamic. The Lord was angry with Israel and He caused David to number the people in 2 Samuel 24, but 1 Chronicles 21 makes it clear that the agent used to incite David in this manner was Satan. Of course, God does not tempt anyone, because David already had this weakness within.

Job 2:1-10 - Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity, although you incited Me against him, to destroy him without cause.” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life. But stretch out Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. 8 And he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes. Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!" But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

Acts 5:1-4 - But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

2016/5/19 6:56Profile

Re:

Seems the Lord was giving Satan (as His agent) permission to attack David with this temptation.

2016/5/19 8:09
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Yes, very similarly to Job.

But either way, Satan was the one "pushing buttons" in David, in Job's Wife, in Ananias.

I definitely don't think that satan MADE these people sin. Also, God holds them responsible for their actions. From what I conclude based on these verses and the rest of the testimony of Scripture is that satan can indeed inject thoughts about things into people. But if that fiery dart does not hit it's target, then the believer comes away unscathed. If it hits it's target, then the believer falls.
That's why we have the shield of faith, to quench ALL the fiery darts of the wicked one.

From personal experience, I have been tempted, albeit briefly, to do things that are not within areas in which I struggle. Satan fires a dart, I am looking to Jesus, it does not hit it's target. I don't fall.

A good example of the counter in my own life is this: I grew up in Deep East Texas. Most men here dip or chew. I didn't. I thought it was gross. However, when I was 23 (which was not that long ago), I had friends constantly telling me that I was grumpy all the time and that I was not pleasant to be around because of how aggressive my attitude was. I also noticed that the moods of my friends who dipped improved greatly when they dipped. Satan lobbed a dart, and because the desire was already within me to not be unpleasant, it hit its target and I took up dipping.

Then came all kinds of disciple from the Lord. It was miserable. By His grace, I overcame that (after several years).

So why did I sin? 1) My eyes were off of Jesus. 2) Satan fired a dart and filled my heart with evil ideas. 3) My own evil desires presented an easy target for the enemy.

Had my eyes been fixed upon Jesus and had I been walking in the Spirit, it would not have happened that way.

2016/5/19 9:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy