SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : White House transgender order called 'outrageous'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

"Texas is the most dangerous state in the union to the powers that be."

Amen! if others would follow, it would help the whole cause. Texas told them to keep your federal funding, that we will find a way, and in Jesus name we will. I do believe that in life, the pendulum does eventually swing back the other direction, I think we are beginning to see it now.

2016/5/16 19:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

With all this wrong that's going on here in this country, what we need is A VOICE from the pulpit. We could have that voice, if they would give up their tax exempt status, but it appears that money is more important to the church than morals.

2016/5/16 20:44Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

A voice? I dont want a voice. I want ALL the voices.

Million billion dollar Christian TV networks. Massive power.

May they burn in hell. My opinion of course. Dont think Im in trouble with my Lord for saying it.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

2016/5/16 21:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Amen! Linda, don't know how the old school pastors ever made it having to actually have a job during the week, and pastoring a church on Wednesday nights and the weekends. Of course back then you did not have the WOF movement, because pastors lived in the real world. It's really easy to tell someone how much they can have from the pulpit, when you have enough to support a thousand families. :-(

These are the kind of conversations we all need to be having here, but we have a tendency to venture off into the never ever land of discussions.

2016/5/16 21:54Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

Isaiah 56:10-12New King James Version (NKJV)

10 His watchmen are blind,
They are all ignorant;
They are all dumb dogs,
They cannot bark;
Sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yes, they are greedy dogs
Which never have enough.
And they are shepherds
Who cannot understand;
They all look to their own way,
Every one for his own gain,
From his own territory.
12 “Come,” one says, “I will bring wine,
And we will fill ourselves with intoxicating drink;
Tomorrow will be as today,
And much more abundant.”

2016/5/17 6:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yep Linda! as the church sleeps, they will one day wake up with the deer in the headlights look, because you can bet, the church is next on this administrations agenda. You can hide and watch, "as many generations of Christians have" or you can be one of God's solders that will wake up the church, we all have a choice.

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment. 1 Corinthians 4:12-13

2016/5/17 9:38Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

You might recall a post I shared months ago about my conversation with a man I know well who decided he is really a woman and who is living as a transgender.

Last week, he appeared on one of those funding websites asking for $6,000 to help him get over the top in having enough money to get surgery to correct what he calls a "birth defect". He says his birth defect was being "born with male genitalia". Please forgive the word if it offends; not my intent.

I've been kind to the man since he started earnestly down this road years ago. He is pitiful in being deceived; he is pathetic in deceiving others. Now, I find myself actually angry with him.

See, this public appeal for money is more than about money. It is about getting approval. I almost thought about donating $5 just so I could say that openly to him on the page where he seeks donations. But, I didn't.

The thing that gets my goat, though, is seeing reactions from people that really are sympathetic and supportive. It is nauseating to see that some of those folks claim to be Christians.

I will hold my peace and tongue unless I know the Spirit of God is speaking to me instead of my own temperament.

2016/5/17 13:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Helping a "transgender" pay for sex reassignment surgery is akin to buying a diet book for an anorexic.

That being said, if the only way to make a statement is to make a contribution, I would strongly consider it.

2016/5/17 16:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

533 views and 16 replies, this pretty much proves many Christians would rather keep their heads in the sand, than discuss this. I bet when some are personally affected/touched by this in their personal lives, it might light a fire under their cans to step up and speak up. Isn't it amazing how many so called Christians set in the pews every week and hear how much God wants to do for you, but are never told what you could do for God.

2016/5/17 18:38Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

That is a good analogy. The statement needs to be heard. That venue, that avenue, would not help the message. It would be more about the messenger (me).

2016/5/17 19:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy