SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 111 clergy, clergy candidates come out as gay

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 111 clergy, clergy candidates come out as gay

On the eve of the 2016 General Conference, more than 100 United Methodist clergy and clergy candidates have come out as LGBTQ religious leaders.

“We are here because God has called us to serve in this denomination, and our souls are fed by the theology in which we’ve been raised,” the 111 United Methodists write in what they call “A Love Letter to Our Church.” The signers come from across the United States, and one signer is from the Philippines. They identify themselves as “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning, and Intersex” in the letter.

Their letter comes a week after 15 clergy and clergy candidates in the New York Conference took a similar step of coming out together. It also comes just two days after the Rev. David Meredith, a United Methodist pastor in the West Ohio Conference, married Jim Schlachter, his boyfriend of 28 years. ...

read more: http://www.umc.org/news-and-media/111-clergy-clergy-candidates-come-out-as-gay

2016/5/11 5:59Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re: 111 clergy, clergy candidates come out as gay

I heard someone say this and I thought it was a true word.

God is done with denominations.

Yesterday on trunews was a show about what is going on with the Anglican Church. So maybe we will see more and more denominations fall.

2016/5/11 8:30Profile
docs

Re: It seems impossible!

It still seems almost impossible these types of things are going on but yet, there it is! It just doesn't seem real but pinch yourself, it is real! It seems it almost has to be not a but "the" great apostasy. It staggers the mind.

2016/5/12 7:06Profile
dohzman

Re: 111 clergy, clergy candidates come out as gay

Back in 1995 I had a business venture of which I was part of, one of the employees of that company was a very talented tech who also was involved in the sin of homosexuality as a life style. One day in passing I witnessed to this person and was very careful on how I approached the whole subject of the new birth in Christ Jesus, at that time I discovered that his earthly father was actually the top dog to the Methodist Church Internationally, that's when I knew it was just a matter of time before this church denom would also fall. What a shame.

2016/5/12 10:06Profile
yuehan

Re:

Dohzman - did that tech guy come to Christ?

May God help us to be as Christ would be among sinners.

2016/5/12 12:07Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I remember when this happened in Minneapolis, MN. I was living blocks away from the Minneapolis Convention Center where the Lutheran church was holding a meeting regarding the endorsement of homosexuality and homosexual clergy. Across the street from the convention center is the Central Lutheran Church with a historic steeple.

At exactly 2pm they voted to officially endorse the homosexual agenda. And at precisely 2pm, God sent a tornado into downtown Minneapolis.

This is remarkable for two reasons:

1) Minneapolis is known for the way the city was designed and built. It was constructed in such a way that, if a tornado should ever reach downtown, it would break up the tornado before it could cause damage. It's always worked. This time, the tornado would not be broken.

2) The only damage the tornado did was to remove the cross from the historic steeple on the Central Lutheran Church. The rest of the building, and everything around it, remained intact.

All of this happened in August of 2009, when the homosexual agenda began ramping up and reached inside churches to the pulpit.

God sent His warning and I am of the opinion that He's done sending them. America will now continue to reap what it sows. I don't know how much longer America can survive off of the residual blessings that we current are (from being friends of Israel in the past).

2016/5/12 13:12Profile
dohzman

Re:

No as far as I know he did not, his dad had rationalized away any possible path to genuine salvation for him by building in physiological mechanisms that justified why he was the way he was. I lost touch with him after that.

2016/5/12 16:49Profile
dohzman

Re:

quote: I don't know how much longer America can survive off of the residual blessings that we current are (from being friends of Israel in the past)

Among other avenues of blessings we are or have recieved I believe you are very right. :/

2016/5/12 17:00Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

by dohzman on 2016/5/12 16:00:13

quote: I don't know how much longer America can survive off of the residual blessings that we current are (from being friends of Israel in the past)

Among other avenues of blessings we are or have recieved I believe you are very right. :/

----------

Being an English fanatic, I just had to correct my typo. (I think faster than I type!) That should be: "survive off of the residual blessings that we currently "HAVE" not "are." ARE we even a blessing anymore? Either way, it's waning like the final puddle of sand in an hourglass.

2016/5/12 18:09Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

You really didn't expect anything different today did you? Men lovers of self, doctrines of demons. Amos says come out of Bethel. (House of God) Bethel has become Bethaven or a house of sin. Jesus says come to him. The church is made up of individuals, not denominations. Satan wants to destroy society, all the norms as in the days of Noah and in the land of Sodom. Babylon has become a dwelling place already for every unclean bird. Everything goes here in Babylon or the land of religious confusion. The nations AG said every one has the right to use whatever bathroom one chooses.

Night after night the people are entertained by their TV's on how to live, or "As the world should turn". We accept it so why shouldn't our churches look like our day to day life? Generally they do. By day the people wheel and deal, beat and steal, then gather at church on Sunday. I'm pretty sure it's not just the one group that has a closet ministry.

Sides are being chosen now. People are revealing their choices as to whom they serve. Politicians tell you who they serve when they open their mouths , so why shouldn't you hear it from the pulpit. After all, another Jesus has been preached a long time. Only thing is he can't help you in the days ahead.

2016/5/12 21:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy