SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

My understanding is that he has conducted outdoor and indoor events and the media have followed him. So, yes they give him coverage but they also smear him. I don't know how much he is covered on cable as I only have antenna. He is not covered on basic channels at all except as a blurb on nightly newscasts. But, the media that attend his events (where he takes his message to the people), will post the entire event on YouTube. You would have to let me know if the media posts his entire events on cable since I don't know.

I do agree with you that he is media savvy. The media itself is very superficial and journalists ceased being journalists a long time ago. That definitely fits your "form over substance". They are used nowadays as social engineers to influence the masses. Seems that none of their attacks at marginalizing Trump have worked, though and they are very concerned that they are losing their manipulative influence over the masses through emotionalism and deception.

And yes, Christendom is superficial, too. It seems many so-called shepherds are also social engineers, seeking to manipulate through emotionalism and deception. I do see your analogy.

Christianity like the world is moving towards what is best for the global community regardless of the truth.

Jeremiah 9:3

And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies:
but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth;
for they proceed from evil to evil,
and they know not me, saith the Lord.

I know Trump is not your subject, but I will just say this. If he doesn't do what he says he will do, he will probably end up as the most disdained President, ever. And with the recent string of presidents that is a difficult task. From a purely humanistic point of view, if he does half of what he says, I understand his followers will be happy since he has promised so much. Is it too early to tell if he is form over substance? Well, all candidates are in the courting stage now (all full of promises and loving words). Let's see their character during the marriage.

I agree we need smart people in the white house, but I'll take godly over smart every time.

2016/5/4 22:29
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

People may elect a leader, but God selects and installs leaders for times and seasons. We Germans got Hitler because we had turned away from God because the church engaged in higher Bible criticism and outlawed a Holy Ghost revival. We got Hitler because we craved for the glory of a king in a similar fashion as the Israelites asked for Saul.

I am always reminded that The apostle Paul never said a word against the emperors of his time who would make Kim Yong Un look like a choir boy.

John the Baptist witnessed powerfully before Herod, and Herod was afraid of him, not vice versa.

Paul brought an agonising conviction on King Agrippa, who came but an inch close to repentance, but sadly failed at last.

I would love to know how Paul witnessed before the emperor.

I think it is time to get prepared for witness even if it means prison or death.

Whether it will be Hillary or Trump, do not forget to pray for them.

2016/5/5 3:47Profile

Re:

"I think it is time to get prepared for witness even if it means prison or death."

Amen..........bro Frank

2016/5/5 8:43

Re:

Good word, narrowpath.

2016/5/5 8:59

oh....you're back Julius

thought you were going to go on a hiatus for a while.

guess you did, 5 days or a week.....that's a hiatus.

now you can continue your mission on this forum, enjoy yourself.

2016/5/5 10:40

Re: oh....you're back Julius

Neil,
Brother, you need to remember the apostolic commands throughout the scripture to be kind, gracious, & let your love be evident to all. Heck, Jesus even commanded us to love our enemies. I forget who said it now, but I saw recently this quote:

"If they despise you, let it be for your position & not your disposition."

Just a loving reminder from a friendly voice.

In Christ,
Jeff

2016/5/5 12:05
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Frank wrote:

"My article was not about Donald Trump, it is about form triumphing over substance..."

I agree that the second part of your article does indeed acknowledge that the church is more "form" over "substance."

Yet I believe that your analogy, using Trump as representative of the world systems' "form over function" is errant. Trumps life speaks for itself. Everything he says he does, good or bad. He and his family are true to what Trump believes. His children live the same as he has lived. They seem to be disciplined in many areas of their lives. They according to worldly standards are in most areas of their lives, model citizens.

So that is why I a so confused by the article you wrote...

2016/5/5 12:37Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

narrowpath wrote:

"People may elect a leader, but God selects and installs leaders for times and seasons."

Amen.

2016/5/5 12:42Profile
dohzman

Re:

Gal 2:11
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:14
But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Just scripture something to maybe consider on how the early church interacted when they confronted each other, I believe in the original it was a pretty heated exchange, I do'not think it was at all politically correct.

2016/5/5 13:12Profile

Re:

"consider on how the early church interacted when they confronted each other, I believe in the original it was a pretty heated exchange, I do'not think it was at all politically correct."

Yes I agree the apostles did confront one another, but I highly doubt their exchanges were anything like the way brother Neil spoke to brother Julius - dripping with sarcasm and open contempt. And if any of the apostles made a mistake and spoke to another brother with such a spirit, then I am sure the other apostles would have rebuked them in love.

(edited to be crystal clear)

2016/5/5 16:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy