SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

We are treading in unchartered waters in a lot of things that are going on today, thank God we have the Holy Spirit to guide us.

2016/4/30 19:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
by sermonindex on 2016/4/30 19:07:34

May we have eyes to see where we are and step out in the giftings of God. It is not a day to be spoon fed truth, rather we must be lovers and seekers of truth ourselves lest we be deceived.

Amen!

2016/4/30 19:29
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Good word, Frank. I keep telling my pastor that our fellowship needs a recovery group for Politics Addicts. Why is it so hard to put that junk out of our minds? and so easy to get caught up in debates about which godless buffoon is "best for the country?" And if we are so gullible that we still buy into the "Republican vs. Democrat" narrative, how will we hold our ground when "strong delusion" comes on the world?

2016/4/30 21:04Profile

Re:

Amen, Wayne. Politics=Carnality

2016/4/30 22:17

Re:

Bro Greg writes........

"I believe the emphasis of Frank's article is that the current political scene is a "type" of where the church in some ways is. May we have eyes to see where we are and step out in the giftings of God. It is not a day to be spoon feed truth, rather we must be lovers and seekers of truth ourselves lest we be deceived."

Brother, that is exactly the point behind this article. The story of Trump and his rise and the triumph of form over substance was simply an analogy for what has happened and is happening in the church. Form is triumphing over substance and the waters are so shallow now because of it that it is in danger of drying up completely...............bro Frank

2016/4/30 22:47

Re:

Bro Wayne writes.........

" I keep telling my pastor that our fellowship needs a recovery group for Politics Addicts. Why is it so hard to put that junk out of our minds? and so easy to get caught up in debates about which godless buffoon is "best for the country?" And if we are so gullible that we still buy into the "Republican vs. Democrat" narrative, how will we hold our ground when "strong delusion" comes on the world? "

I could not have said it better myself. Amen brother..........bro Frank

2016/4/30 22:48

Re:

Form over substance in biblical terms=

2 Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2016/4/30 23:13
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

It is God who selects the leaders of the nation. The real question is, what is God working out in the affairs of the people? Is it a time of judgement? Or is it a time of restoration?

2016/5/1 10:34Profile

Re:

Haven't you already been restored to Christ?

1 Peter 4:17-18
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2016/5/1 10:40
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I believe the emphasis of Frank's article is that the current political scene is a "type" of where the church in some ways is. May we have eyes to see where we are and step out in the giftings of God. It is not a day to be spoon feed truth, rather we must be lovers and seekers of truth ourselves lest we be deceived.

The state of our nation is indeed a type. Lee Shipp of First New Testament Church in Baton Rouge preached an excellent message a few weeks ago emphasizing this. The title of the message is 'The USA a Picture of the Church'. Highly recommended listening.

In Christ,

2016/5/1 11:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy