SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Boycotts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Joshua, as I said "in my opinion" I have the right to my opinion, but it's just my opinion, not the worlds. Maybe I sound like a uncompromising Christian, well I am.

2016/4/29 13:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sure am Jeff though my kids are grown. I have young grandkids however.

I would never have allowed my kids (or grandkids) to go into a public bathroom by themselves. If anything ever would have seemed "strange" at all we would not go in, although I cannot remember that actually happening.

I personally have never seen a pervert in a public bathroom (that was acting like a pervert). In these here parts (NC) a pervert acting like a pervert in a public bathroom is taking his well-being into his own hands because he would likely be in for a beat-down. Like I said in a previous post we might be very surprised to see how Jesus would react if he caught a pervert molesting a child. Throwing over tables would pale in comparison.

Somehow what I have said has been twisted. I am not against these bathroom bills. Here in NC we are a main focus right now. Many businesses have halted expansions to new facilities in the state over HB 2. Various performers like Springsteen and Pearl Jam have cancelled concerts over it (I could care less about this). My question was simply whether a boycott is the best Christian response. It may be- I don't really plan on going to Target but I rarely shopped there anyway. I am NOT arguing that we should not have a problem with perverts in the bathrooms. Obviously we should.

What gets me is the hypocrisy of companies like PayPal who have halted expansion in NC because of HB 2 but readily do business in countries like Saudi Arabia that execute homosexuals.

EDIT: I am a tad concerned that the focus on these bathroom issues is taking the focus off where child abuse usually happens. Like I said the vast majority of abusers are known by the family. I guarantee that there are many many parents who are freaking out over these bathroom issues whose children are being abused by a family friend or relative. That is simply a sad statistical reality. "Stranger danger" is by far less likely. However, that does NOT mean we should ignore the realities of stranger danger for heavens sake.

2016/4/29 13:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Todd, swapping gears here a bit, do you agree that these folks are " and I'll be nice about what I call them" mentally challenged? If so why would we want these folks anywhere near us or our families?

2016/4/29 13:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I don't Bill! What gave you the idea that I did?

2016/4/29 13:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Nothing Todd, it was just a general question, sorry I did not say that in the beginning.

“Homosexuals corrupt the Word of God by changing His truth to a lie” (Romans 1:25).

“Homosexuals are filled with all unrighteousness…wickedness… and maliciousness” (Romans 1:29).

“Homosexuals are haters of God…proud…boasters…inventors of evil things…unmerciful…implacable…and without understanding” (Romans 1:30).

2016/4/29 13:32Profile

Re:

TMK,
You seem (to me in my opinion) to fundamentally not understand the issue: comparing "before" and when someone looks weird in a bathroom 20 years ago to OPENING THE DOORS & ASKING ANY KIND OF PERVERT OF EITHER GENDER TO COME IN THE BATHROOM with a request/invitation to please feel free is APPLES & ORANGES IMHO.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/29 13:45
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I certainly understand that.

But 90% of the perverts are among people you (generic you, not you specifically) know.

2016/4/29 13:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I feel the word tolerance has gone to far among news media, entertainment industry, left leaning politicians, gay activists, and other liberal people and some Christians. Yes, tolerance is a good thing and we should all practice tolerance, and try to live in peace with others whose beliefs differ from our own. However, for Christians, we can only be tolerant of others beliefs and actions to the point where they do not compromise Christian doctrinal principles found in the Bible.

2016/4/29 14:03Profile

Re:

So in that case, nothing else matters & don't worry about anything & just go with it?

Fallacious argumentation/point IMHO. Irrelevant. That's like saying I know now rapists are encouraged to go to the bus stop to rape people, but 90% of rapes happen at home, so just go to the busstop & don't worry about it, or something (an imperfect analogy, but the parallel type line of logic you're applying).

2016/4/29 14:19
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Did the Lord give us a spirit of fear or a measure of faith?

The Lord has blessed me with 6 boys, one driving, one still in diapers and one potty training with three in the middle at 8,9,10 respectively and honestly while I don't like it (transgender bathrooms) and can certainly agree it's not good or godly, it honestly wouldn't be an exercise of faith (for me) to boycott and would certainly be a fear based activity. So if it's not in faith it's sin (for me).

If people wanna boycott, go for it... Just leave Jesus out of it cause it has nothing at all to do with His kingdom which is His concern. If we chase every rabbit that runs by we will not be advancing the kingdom.

Incidentally in the 1st century Roman Empire they in fact had public bathrooms that both genders used simultaneously and if it wasn't a big enough concern for Holy Spirit to include this in the scriptures, why is it so big a deal to us now?
Is it because we spend more time feeding on the world than on Christ and because we ingest this sewage we are becoming more like it by concerning ourselves with it?

Didn't Jesus say He was sending out sheep among wolves and to be as wise as a serpent but as harmless as doves?

Honestly I don't fear for the safety of my children nor do I worry about them, my Lord and savior told me not to and that He has got this and call me crazy but,..... I believe him+:)

2016/4/29 14:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy