SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Boycotts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

If people are boycotting Target because of their openness to LGBT people then go ahead and boycott Apple products because their CEO is openly gay.

A boycott is great way to send a message but it should be about one thing only and that is the safety of children & women. If it turns into an issue where christians are disgusted about certain sinners and what certain sinners do then let's not stop with Target...just keep going and boycott every single corporation in America.

2016/4/29 8:47
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I guess I am a tad confused about the women's restroom thing. Don't all women's restrooms have stalls?

Presumably, a biological woman in a men's bathroom would also have to use a stall.

I suspect we have all been in a public restroom with a transgender and never knew it.

Obviously these are just practical questions.

2016/4/29 9:05Profile

Re:

True Mark.

We are all to be led by the Spirit, not marshall all the forces of Christianity to force the world to do things our way.

We are to abstain from every appearance of evil and continue to shine as lights IN THE WORLD.

Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Paul all but admits the world is crooked and perverted. No, mention of reforming or forcing it to comply with Christian thought.

2016/4/29 9:07
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
awakened.....If people are boycotting Target because of their openness to LGBT people then go ahead and boycott Apple products because their CEO is openly gay.

Mark, I really had no desire to post on this thread again, I figured I had said enough. Mark, there is a little difference, and were not exactly comparing apples to apples":-) if your in target your in a physical contact environment, were you and your children will be caught up in the mix of this abomination. I think your chances of running into the CEO of apple would be almost 0. I think what most are upset about is being in the physical environment of target stores. Before all this went down, I would have not been concerned about going to the RR in Target, even if the CEO of Apple was in the store, but I sure would be concerned now for my children and myself.

2016/4/29 9:35Profile

Re:

I'm not even talking about "being in an environment with transgendered". That's fine. Let us shine our light. I'm talking about my kids & wife being naked in a bathroom and anyone who wants to go in either restroom can go in with them. THATS THE ISSUE, PLAIN & SIMPLE. The whole, "well don't they have stalls?" If you look up the cases online of where this insanity instituted, you see reports (& even cases) where women & children report a "transgendered" or "identifying as female" man in the women's restroom attempting to "peep" through the crack/seam in the stall door or under it. That seems so common sense basic to me as a Father of 6 children (waiting in the hospital for #7 as I write this - mama with epidural & resting/waiting). This seems like common sense to me. I will preach to pedophiles. But I'm not going to let my kids play outside by their house. Wisdom.

2016/4/29 10:33
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

I don't want my tone to come across harsh but a women's bathroom sign isn't exactly some impentrable force. People keep talking about safety but if someone wants to harm someone the bathroom sign isn't going to stop them. I could be wrong but I think all of this is a slight over reaction. Not trying to upset anyone but there are most def more important things to give our time and attention too. Much love

2016/4/29 11:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

True Josh-

We have much more to worry about from family and friends.

90% of child abusers are known to the victim and/or their family. Usually the abuser is a trusted person who the family would never expect to commit such an atrocity. A primary and glaring example is the RCC abuse scandal.

www.d2l.org

2016/4/29 11:58Profile

Re:

TMK & Joshua - quick question: are either of you parents? Before we get lost here in the "theoretical aetherial" world of hypothetical "does or doesn't matter" & relating it or not to somewhat related things, here are some REAL stories. Again, are any of you parents of small children? Sometimes on a forum we can overthink something like its the hypothetical land of Narnia or something & try to think something so spiritually, we are disconnected from reality, common sense, & wisdom. I don't mean that to be disrespectful either.

1.)
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sexual-predator-jailed-after-claiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault

2.)
http://www.westernjournalism.com/polices-call-to-target-sheds-light-on-transgender-bathroom-debate/

3.)
http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/23/a-rape-survivor-speaks-out-about-transgender-bathrooms/

4.)
http://controversialtimes.com/news/university-revises-transgender-bathroom-policy-after-peeping-tom-incident/

5.)
http://www.youngcons.com/targets-transgender-restroom-policy-has-already-led-to-cases-of-peeping-toms/

I could go on but common sense & reality (& basic wisdom) should be starting to kick in at this point I think.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/29 12:09
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jeff, some Christians are hard headed, the best way for them to get the message, is to let them experience this first hand. This whole bathroom deal is an abomination, and anyone Christian that wants to water it down, in my opinion is not a Christian.

2016/4/29 12:43Profile
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

Yes I am a parent to a 4 month old. And Bill not Christian? Really? So may faith has nothing to do with belief in Christ and is based on how I react to "abominations"?

2016/4/29 13:01Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy