SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 911: The Road to Tyranny - Must see documentary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re: another big toe

I am getting just a tad frustrated about something.

I am having the time of my life on this site. It is a gold mine, and I want to soak in as much wonderful info as possible. There is so much, that I will never get through it all.

Sometimes I feel bogged down trying to read through personal disagreements, character judging, and lengthy theological defenses where people are trying to "set another straight". I wonder if those issues can be worked out privately so as not to divert the flow of the original discussion of the thread.

I think of the many who visit this site, and don't understand what the discussion is all about.

Now, I have to admit that I can't point a finger at anyone without seeing that very thing within me. Not only that, I also have to take off my rose colored glasses and accept that we are all still in the sanctifying process, so alas, this site is not the ideal church, either.
I see a lot of patience, mercy, and love in the SI community. Thank you. I need to grow in those areas.
"Iron sharpens iron" One thing I like about this forum, is that I can be sure that where I need to have my thinking adjusted, someone will come along.
... that's enough for the interuption....
Diane

2005/5/25 8:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Ah! But yes!

Diane am so glad you are here sharing amongst us, what a breath of fresh air you are!

Quote:
I am having the time of my life on this site. It is a gold mine, and I want to soak in as much wonderful info as possible. There is so much, that I will never get through it all.

:-D :-D :-D
Same word from my very first post "Gold mine" and even now it as if I have only tapped into a vein, it is just so far beyond expression and even imagination as to what the Lord is doing through all this. And to hear your expression... Wonderful!

Quote:
Sometimes I feel bogged down trying to read through personal disagreements, character judging, and lengthy theological defenses where people are trying to "set another straight". I wonder if those issues can be worked out privately so as not to divert the flow of the original discussion of the thread.

Welcome to 'my' world! It is a paradox of paradox's. The numerous failed attempts at just attempting to .... 'moderate'... ugghhh, the word itself being often misunderstood and given all kinds of quirky definitions and meanings. It is primarily only a little thing I hope and thankfully, Oh you could not know how thankful this mere fool is, that by and large it is self 'moderating' by the collective effort of the hearts that meet here.

There are times though....
Not even as far back as a couple of months now, if that, where a sense of divisiveness and snipping and bitting and... misunderstandings. Ugly, grievous, heart wrenching. What to do? How to get 'us' back on track? What is the [i]thrust[/i] here? What is of import? Where is the Lord in all this? What about... [i][b]Him[/i][/b]?

What it seems we have found is that this is being played out in public on the one hand and to pull away and discuss things brought forth before all and withdraw into private to resolve can leave the remaining members 'out of the loop' somewhat as the replies come in and the discussions continue. An example would be where there was some abuse of the 'edit' function which is a great tool for making [i]corrections[/i] but what was happening was some where taking out whole replies or sections in a continuing thread and as others came back to get caught up it would leave them scratching their heads and then the effort was exaggerated in trying to explain everything that was now missing, why it was done, so on and so forth. So it is often very tricky and just as well there is times of private exhortation.

But just as well you are right in this:
Quote:
personal disagreements, character judging, and lengthy theological defenses where people are trying to "set another straight".

Character judging ought not to be happening here and we all fail in this at times, I have and repent of it, apologies ought to be quick here, always at the ready. This form of communication has a lot of inherent problems in it for any number of reasons, one being that a great number of us are not exactly Rhodes scholars. Misunderstandings abound in this written form. Questions sounding like statements, motives and intents skewed. Much forbearance needed. Primarily and a little nag fest I was on there for awhile is to keep in mind the [i][b]whole[/i][/b] of those that congregate here and just as well all those [i]'looking in to these things'[/i], you just never know who is watching, who is reading, who may be profoundly effected by all this. There is the different nations represented, the different cultures, range of experience and knowledge, longevity, wisdom, help... That I believe is the most profound of all, a willingness to help one another even in all it's often time 'ugliness'.

And nicely corresponding to Karl's earlier thought's here, the beauty and ugliness.
How many times I have just flat out missed it in these small attempts to just keep the peace or keep the unity of Spirit in all this diversity. There are some here who I can only ashamedly admit to having pre-judged somewhat by what they write or how they conduct themselves and that is somewhat natural and normal to react to these things considering the amount of data you have to work with and it isn't until later that more things come forth, explanations, corrections, etc.

But for the most part ironically it is [i]through[/i] these things, through the embarrassments, falling on the face, apologies, a willingness to learn and be corrected... to [i]consider[/i] {It's the "word" of the month'} ;-)

Always open to suggestions and corrections and loving rebukes. There are some things that will always bring about much frowning and that is primarily pride in all it's guises. Conduct is another and usually the biggest problem here. Mere consideration for others, valuing them more highly than ourselves as we ought.

And to RT, yes we have begun to go a bit astray of the original posting here, but not entirely. These things do grow tentacles stemming from the source of material presented. Have seen this site referenced before and conspiracy theory's are what they are, seemingly more muddiness, is it just me or is everything turning to mud?

2005/5/25 10:48Profile
roadsign

patience

Quote:
Much forbearance needed

Amen, brother. These are good words for a person like me who likes to feel that things are under "control".
PBPWMGIFWMY
Diane

2005/5/25 11:00Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: patience

Is. 30:28 His breath is like an overflowing stream,
Which reaches up to the neck,
To sift the nations with the sieve of futility;
And there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people,
Causing them to err.

Psa. 94:11 The LORD knows the thoughts of man,
That they are futile.

The Lord wants all to come to repentance. Living for this life is futile.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/5/25 12:29Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: crsschk

crsschk,

Quote:
And to RT, yes we have begun to go a bit astray of the original posting here, but not entirely. These things do grow tentacles stemming from the source of material presented. Have seen this site referenced before and conspiracy theory's are what they are, seemingly more muddiness, is it just me or is everything turning to mud?

Is this post getting muddy? I agree that it is.

Could the reason be that no one has talked about actually watching the documentary, or its contents? I think, probably.

This documentary is not a conspiracy theory. It is a documentary with documented materials. As to those who have thought that I may have had an agenda here, just know that I only recently (last couple weeks) have found this. Someone tipped me off to it. So this is new to me too.

Bless you.

To the rest of us:

As soon as this war on terror started and they started demoting the bill of rights for the cause of "safety." My antenna went up pretty high.

Maybe I'm the only one. But I don't swallow their whole line of war on terror. Am I the only one who realizes that eventually WE will be the ones being called terrorists? Maybe where you live it is still the Bible belt. But not here in Seattle. We have surveillance cameras on almost every stop light (sometimes three on each pole!!). We have highly anti-Christian mood in the air here. Every other religion is PC, but anything Christian is vehemently rejected with venom.

The churches (including myself) helped to vote in Pres. Bush to a second term. But instead of pushing for a moral, Godly agenda, he does more and more to take away freedoms and less to protect them. Think about it.

Illegal aliens are streaming across the border to the tune of millions a year. This destroys American culture and creates confusion. Just about a week ago, the border patrol was told to stand down and make fewer arests to make the Minutemen look bad. The top of that chain is Bush.

People who want to take to the streets and peaceably assemble for any cause are arrested if it is during a government approved event. Not to mention, the street preacher is becoming a rare breed with no backing from the government when they get into trouble.

I could go on and on. But now I realize that any guy (Bush) who says that Christians and Muslims worship the same God just couldn't be someone who is shooting straight with us. Now this information about 9-11, OK city, etc. confirms suspicions that I had during the whole thing. But I must confess that it didn't phase me because it was being dealt with by Republicans. (Whom I trusted because they were supposed to be moral)

Now I must say that I agree that this shouldn't be a political forum. But politics play a role in the freedoms we have been given by our forefathers. I am afraid that we are throwing them away. The president of the USA is not the king of the USA. This government is governed BY the people. And up until now, via majority default, it is and has been governed by Christians. By the church. I think we have been terrible stewards of our responsiblity to use America to honor the covenant our forefathers made with God.

I say this as a direct descendant of Roger Williams, founder of the State of Rhode Island. So this is in my blood pretty deep.

Anyone can say, "Who cares about America. It's not the Kingdom of God." Now the second sentence there, I believe and preach. But the first is foolishness. We are Christians first and foremost. But I believe that God desires to use our nation as a light to the Gentiles. The freedoms we now possess and the technologies we have invented, have enabled the church to reach 'round the world with the gospel. This is indisputable fact.

The problem is that as simple as it is to vote. As simple as it is to let our voice be heard, Americans are fat, lazy, and convenience oriented. The gospel has made us wealthy. Wealth has made us immoral. Immorality is both a reproach and will be the downfall of this great nation unless we repent. Now if you are reading this and think that America is evil and corrupt, you may be able to point to certain modern events and be right. But the charter of this nation (Declaration of Independence) in still based upon the "laws of nature and nature's God" and a "creator." The well thought out and (I think) anointed safeguards in the bill of rights were tailor made for the church to be able to fourish to the maximum potential in a fallen world.

I know that persecution is coming. It will be an effective prod for the backslidden church too. But it is only necessary because America is backslidden.

If you live in America, YOU HAVE A STAKE IN THIS NATION. What you choose to do with that is up to you. But remember, that government is placed by God. WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. There's no ceasar in America. At least not yet. When you realize that it is YOUR divinely given RESPONSIBILITY to help govern this nation, it will drive you to wise action and cause you to demand that those we elect obey the government of America: THE PEOPLE.

When we realize that we will be judged on the same level as a king of another country, it will change our perspective. If you were the king of a worldly temporal kingdom and a Christian at the same time (child of the King), you wouldn't say, "Who cares about my responsibility as king of this worldly kingdom. I'm just going to worry about being a Christian." If you neglected your duties, some Christian you would be! The world would MOCK your Christianity as a fraud. The poor you refused justice would stand in the day of judgement against you. Would God judge you? I think so. How could such a story end any differently.

So this has DEEP theological remifications. I'm a pastor, not a politician. But I'm not afraid of politics. I have received responsibility in America BY BIRTH. And so have you, if you are an American.

So I challenge everyone reading this to refrain from writing back UNTIL you have watched the documentary, listened to the material presented, and make a level headed assessment of what you hear.

I don't know Alex Jones from Adam. I do know that he claims to be a Christian, and it is a strong accusation to say he is not without providing proof as has been done by one person here.

I do know that what he presents must be considered. Unless we want to govern America as mindless robots. Not me. I've got to stand before God for this. Even IF preaching the gospel comes first. (And it does!)

So let's hear what you think of the video. Maybe we can talk about America's covenant with God in light of the material presented. Maybe we can talk about America's need for repentence in light of this material. Maybe we can talk about our responsibility as governors of America and the church's responsibility in light of this video.

There's a lot here. Let's try to tie everything into God's plan and our responsibility to pray, preach, and live.

Blessings,

RT

2005/5/28 1:02Profile

I watched it.

without seeming to break glass on this forum, I watched a goodly portion of this "documentary" and quite frankly it's sloppy, I put documentary in quotes, because when you use the word "global elites" repeatedly, Alex Jones veered towards being an op-ed piece for the very far right.

The documents presented remind me of the famous Dan Rather documents for the 60 minutes piece that got him in so much trouble.

Did Roosevelt know the Imperial Navy was headed for Pearl?

sure, possibly, but was it so he and other nefarious shadowy figures could create a one world governing body, or so that he could give america a causus belli to bring our nation into war against the hitlerites, considering the fact that we are a nation of millions of people with germanic surnames.

its the framing of Jones various arguments that make him suspect and without CREDENCE in my mind.

Below I apologized to you, for seming hateful to you. I don't wish to seem hateful to you, but I'm gonna call you on what I percieve to be YOUR hateful attitudes. to wit:

Quote:
Illegal aliens are streaming across the border to the tune of millions a year. This destroys American culture and creates confusion. Just about a week ago, the border patrol was told to stand down and make fewer arests to make the Minutemen look bad.

first of all, the minutemen don't need anybodies help in making them look bad, fore they ARE bad. A band of unregulated citizen vigilantes, mostly white, and armed, trying to apprehend illegal aliens who are mostly brown skinned. Look bad? Yeh, that looks bad. Certainly nothing that the Lord Jesus would approve of, I can assure ya of that.

you say that these immigrants, (give me your tired huddled masses) are "destroy(ing) american culture and create confusion"?

How are they destroying american culture? by doing the nitty griity dirt work that white boys won't do anymore?

Consider this, Recieved Text, (and it IS a shame I can't address you as a normal human being), did you every consider that the Lord might be bringing the mission field up here to US? , via illegal immigration? That instead of spurning these latino masses that we preach the Gospel to them?

2005/5/31 19:29
dohzman

PITFALL

I don't desire to be a negative voice in these things, however I feel that the american medias' have used thier influences to manipulate the christian right (conservatives) for thier own purposes. I do have the full copy of the 9-11 report (video). I think it can be a very slippery slope to take these things too much to heart, they can render one useless and ineffective in thier witness of Jesus Christ. The caution here might be one of focus---the world or Jesus, rember --information can be manipulated to suit ones purpose. And we know that there are entire branches of media in place for no other purpose than to propagate mis-information under the guise of freedom. I do believe in America we will eventually lose our freedoms but I believe that's the judgement of God and can't be stopped. Anyway just don't get so caught up in this type of stuff that it harms your mission statement in Christ. Blessings to all you Bro. Daryl

2005/5/31 20:43Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: I watched it.

Neil,

Alright now we're talking. Thanks for watching it. I appreciate your review of the film. I am genuinely interested in hearing what other people think of it. Thanks for your review. You expressed what you viewed as negatives. What were some, if any, of the positives about the documentary.

Quote:
Below I apologized to you, for seming hateful to you. I don't wish to seem hateful to you, but I'm gonna call you on what I percieve to be YOUR hateful attitudes.

And I really appreciate your apology. As to your calling me on information, bring it on. This is a forum. I can take it. No problem.

But to say that my sincerely held view about the direction of this country and certain issues are informational. To call them "hateful attitudes" is wildly overstated.

I'm not going to argue with you over the Minutemen. You may want the government to have all the guns. Enjoy your police sate concentration camp. I think the people need to be the ones with the guns to keep government in check. See the 2nd Amendment. I think you are the victim of spurious propoganda about the Minutemen.

As to your racist comments pitting people against each other based on the color of their skin, its kind of sickening. It would be nice if everyone could look past skin color and love people based upon Godly principles.

Quote:
you say that these immigrants, (give me your tired huddled masses) are "destroy(ing) american culture and create confusion"?

Illegal aliens are NOT immigrants. They are ILLEGAL and ALIENS. Immigrants give up their homeland, many times their language, and their culture to come to a new land. Illegal aliens wave Mexican flags, speak spanish, and refuse to blend into English speaking American culture.

Quote:
How are they destroying american culture? by doing the nitty griity dirt work that white boys won't do anymore?

More propoganda. How are they destroying American culture? When is the last time you went into a bank to deposit a check without seeing advertisements and instructions in Spanish posted all over the bank?

Quote:
Consider this, Recieved Text, (and it IS a shame I can't address you as a normal human being), did you every consider that the Lord might be bringing the mission field up here to US? , via illegal immigration? That instead of spurning these latino masses that we preach the Gospel to them?

Do I think we should take opportunity to preach the gospel to illegals? Yes, of course. After they get saved should we instruct them to come clean and do the Christian thing and report themselves to the INS? Yes, of course.

Great strategy. Get them saved and have them repent for coming here illegally. Send them back to Mexico or wherever. And have them win their nation for the Lord.

Or they could get in line and come here the LEGAL way. Your arguments are weak and easily disassembled.

If you don't like calling me ReceivedText, you can call me RT. ;-)

Thank for watching,

RT

2005/6/2 1:04Profile

I'll get to you later

I have some money type writing to finish up,so I can't spend a lot of time disassembling a post in which you totally, absolutely and unequivocably unzip your heart attitude.

I hear you loud and clear,your heartspace is clear to me, it's on display.

you assume much son. When you were thumbing thru your first concordance I was sitting at an intercept station 30 miles south of the DMZ in Korea.We call them weapons or a rifle, never guns.

I could say much much more,but I won't.

2005/6/3 22:39
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: PITFALL

Quote:
I do believe in America we will eventually lose our freedoms but I believe that's the judgement of God and can't be stopped. Anyway just don't get so caught up in this type of stuff that it harms your mission statement in Christ. Blessings to all you Bro. Daryl

Just want to say that I quite agree with you, Bro. Daryl. We can't let these things veer us from our mission to preach the word of God and call sinners to repentance.

These things should not be a secret from us, though. We should know the times we live in and therefore know how to effectively act.

It would be good to remind us all that if we seek to save our lives, we will lose them. But if we lose our lives for Jesus, we will find them.

This documentary should not be the impetus to start digging a bomb shelter in the back yard, or moving out of the country.

It should make us want to win as many souls as possible, knowing that the end is near. May all complacency cease in my life!

RT

2005/6/9 23:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy