SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan Defeated Today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Good word brother Frank!

2016/4/24 1:25
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
" Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." Can you hear the chains falling brothers and sisters? The chains of hell and sin and death. Foolishness to those that are perishing, victory and glory to the saints. Satan will soon be loosed once more only this time will be his end. Satan himself will come in the anti-christ and he will get what he has always wanted. Every tribe, every tongue, every nation will bow down to him. This is what, in the very beginning, caused his fall, pride. He thought he could take Gods place! And now here he is, every living being bowing down to him. But wait, what will darkness do with the light of the saints? What will he do with the bearers of the truth? What did he do to Jesus? He will try and kill every voice that stands against him. But that's okay, for the saints overcome him as Jesus overcame him. Not by avoiding death, but by embracing it and crying out like Jesus did, not rendering evil for evil. This is how evil is defeated. This is the victory, Satan may destroy our bodies, like he did with the Apostles, but victory reigns eternally in the spirit of the saints. Praise God Satan was defeated at Calvary and millions of saints after Him were able to follow His example and even after the great falling away, God's remnant saints in these last days will follow His leading and we will take up our crosses willingly by the power of the Spirit that burns inside of us.

Excellent exhortation dear brother Frank. It is clear from Scripture that at the Cross the power of the enemy has been vanquished but we must still claim this victory and walk in it daily. And even overcome through death and martyrdom a victory over earthly end-time demonic forces. Death has been conquered we are not to fear it. That in itself is victory over satan. Hallelujah.

2016/4/24 9:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
by TMK on 2016/4/23 17:53:34

quote: "It is not by any effort on our part, but in the 'reckoning' of Romans 6."

I have a minor qualm about this. Primarily because 1 Peter 5:8 tells us to be "sober" and "vigilant." To me at least, that implies effort on our part.

and Blaine on 2016/4/23 23:27

Quote:
Sister you had some good thoughts regarding Romans 6. Christ died in 2000 years ago and defeated Satan at the cross. Romans 6 tells us that we were crucified with Christ. His death isn't actual objective historical fact. Our death with him is a spiritual reality. But the fact that we continue to struggle to reckon ourselves as dead in Christ. Is the issue our faith?

I don't know just pondering what you shared.

Brother Blaine

Brothers, It is an issue of faith to enter into His rest. (Most make the mistake that it is by works - working out our sanctification.) Faith that He came to save us from sin. We must reckon ourselves done with it - absolutely. He gives the power to deliver us from the old man.

But after that, yes there is a requirement from us. To hold that position ie crucified with Christ, we must be vigilant and sober, being careful not to start to rely on our flesh once more. If we do that we will soon find ourselves back in our former position where Satan has ground and will deceive us. He does not have to bother much with the unsaved - they willjust get on with their sinning. It is Christians that are deceived by him.

2016/4/24 9:46

Re:

Brothers and sisters thank you for your thoughts and excellent posts on this thread. Much to think about. But I think based on the consensus of what you are sharing we believe that Satan is defeated today. But we must claim that victory over Satan in a walk of faith in Jesus Christ. Faith in His work on the cross and his resurrection from the grave. Faith that His resurrected spirit is now living in us to help us walk out that faith. His victory over Satan.

I apologize I could not respond individually to each excellent post here. But thank you again for posting and your spirit by which you posted.

I think this thread has shown what a good discussion can be on a forum. And dear Saints thank you so much for keeping the pots and pans in the kitchen where they belong. :-)

Will be thinking some more on our victory over Satan and posting from time to time as the Spirit gives lead.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/24 9:59

Re:

Amen, Brenda. The unbelievers are held captive by his (Satan's) will.

The purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was to destroy the works of the Devil:
1 John 3:8
the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

Heb. 2:14
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Jesus has ALREADY won the victory over the Devil.
Col. 2:13-15
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

In His death for the sins of men and His triumphant resurrection, Christ broke the “bonds of death,” and therefore destroyed Satan’s ultimate power over mankind. The Gospel, which is the good news of the victory Christ has won for us, is the “chain” which binds Satan’s power.

This DOES NOT mean that Satan is not still active within certain spheres of worldly influence.

1. Peter says he is a roaring lion

1 Pet. 5:8
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

However, in this same context Peter goes on to tell Christians that they can resist him and overcome him.

1 Pet. 5:9-10
But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

James also gives this instruction:
James 4:6-10
But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.” Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom.Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.

Satan is like a viscous dog chained to a pole. A dog does not cease to be viscous just because he is chained. If you enter within the range to which he is limited, he is still very dangerous. However, his range is limited or restricted. He is bound.

Before Christ’s death and resurrection – before the Gospel plan of salvation went into operation — the whole world lay in darkness due to Satan’s uninhibited dominion.

It was only the Jewish nation that kept the knowledge of the true and living God alive, and they frequently turned aside from God’s laws and became idolatrous.

What Revelation is telling us (Satan bound for a thousand years) is that during the “thousand years” (a long but indefinite period) during which Satan is bound, he is unable to destroy Christianity through a universal persecution. Notice these facts:

1. He tried it in the days of the early church, using the pagan Roman Empire as his instrument to persecute the church (Acts. 8:1).

2. Thousands suffered and died for the faith, but the Lord’s church was not wiped out or destroyed.

3. The reign of Christ has continued throughout more than 2000 years of persecution and opposition.

4. It will continue until the end of this world, when Christ returns to raise the dead, judge all men, and receive the faithful to himself (2 Thess. 1:7-10).

5. He will then deliver the Kingdom BACK to the Father.
1 Cor. 15:20-26
20* But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 6
21* For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.
22* For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
23* But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
24* then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
25* For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
26* The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

2016/4/24 10:03
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Blaine for bringing up this subject for discussion, and for all of the good input that was made.

We can praise and thank the Lord for His victory at calvary. The saints must come to the full knowledge of what the Lord has done through His death and resurrection, as well as the authority that has been given to the Church over all of the works of the devil.

I have been in groups that have made the statement that we should not even pay any attention to the devil because he has already been defeated, and our eyes should be on Jesus only. I have to admit that some that have got into deliverance ministry, which is a very valid ministry, see devils behind every bush. Our focus should not be on the demonic, but on the other hand, we know that our warfare is not against flesh and blood. We know that we are not to be ignorant concerning the devices and strategies of the devil.

God is going to manifest His great wisdom to the principalities and powers through the Church. Even as the enemy deceived and caused the first Adam to fall, the Son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil, and the Church has been given the full armor of God, the sword of the Spirit, the name of Jesus, and blood of the Lamb to overcome all of the powers of darkness, and to live as more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

"His purpose was that now, through the Church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 3:10)

2016/4/24 13:58Profile

Re: Mike

Brother I agree. Indeed Eph. 3:10 is showing that God is working out His Victory, His Victorious Life in Jesus over the demonic realm, through his bride the church.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/24 16:20

Re: David

Brother thank you for your thoughtful posts on this thread. Indeed you are so right. The evil one cannot touch the true believer in Christ. Such a verse to take comfort in. Such a verse to know about our victory in Jesus.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/24 16:23

Re: Heff

Brother thank you for your thoughtful post. You are always centered on the word. And I do agree that ultimately one day the enemy will be thrown into the Lake of fire. And for sure our victory assured in Jesus by what he has done to the cross.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/24 16:26

Re: Bril

My brother I so appreciated your short answer. I know that answer came from my s heart filled with Jesus. So appreciate your posts.

Brother we miss you on the Friday night calls. I hope you will return soon.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/24 16:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy