SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Just "Normal" earthquake activity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re: Continuing hate and secular anthropology

I answered you once before even if you do not remember. I do. Your anthropological inquiry, I guess that is what it is, has a answer based almost soley on the trustworthiness of God no matter what secular anthropology may have found or supposedly found. An answer would be based also on the testimony of history also as far as the Jew goes. No matter where they have been driven, no matter how many racial persecutions and forced deportations the Jew has faced and no matter how dark it has looked for this race they have always been somehow preseved and miracalously preserved at that. I would think this is due to the hand of God and yet we should doubt whether there are any pure Jews left? God can build a universe but yet He can't preserve a blood line in a race of people? And not only preserve them through the persecutions and genocide but allow them ro be re-established again in the same region where they were expelled and exiled from almost 2,000 years ago!

If your secular anthropology views are to be followed through and helps add to your theology then can it be asked why has all the hate continued toward the Jew over the centuries? Was this hate mistakenly directed at those who were thought be ethnic Jews but really were not? Did Hitler direct his rage at a people mistakenly thought to be Jews? Was he picking on the wrong group maybe who were only 1/32 or 1//4 Jewish?

Meanwhile, pre-mill believers don't teach Jews automatically get saved when Jesus returns nor do they teach surviving Gentiles lose all hope at this point. I sometimes still get a little amazed at least a bit that there is so much info out there to counter this notion that it makes me think maybe maybe some critics of pre-mill still haven't really done enough homework and just repeat what others say.

2016/4/21 18:45Profile

Re:

Hi docs,

Yes, I know you think zecariah is talking about the Lord's second coming. We will have to agree to disagree.

Blessings, bro.

2016/4/21 18:50
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Who, today, are the racial sons of Abraham?///

As I pointed out before it could include every single human alive today

"....Ralph and Coop calculated that these shared segments showed ancestors stretching back some 3,000 years, or 100 generations. This lends support to Chang's calculation that by expanding his model from living Europeans to everyone alive on Earth, an all-ancestor generation would have occurred some 3,400 years ago...."

http://phys.org/news/2013-08-dna-earth.html

2016/4/21 19:07Profile
docs

Re: Zechariah

Zechariah only scratches the surface. The revelation of the gospel in Christ's day was in fact the revelation of the heretofore mystery that the advent of the Messiah would be two fold, thus explaining and giving sharp calrity to the chronology of many many OT prophecies. The two fold advent of the Messiah is an indispensible key in understanding a very lot of the OT prophecies.

25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past,

26 but now is manifested, and BY THE SCRIPTURES OF THE PROPHETS, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

27 to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen. (Romans 16:25-27)

Revealed but hidden and hinted at in the OT but clearly explained and brought to light by Christ and the early church. What? That the advent of the Messiah would be two fold. Not the full sum of the mystery but a large and integral part of it.

2016/4/21 19:47Profile

Re:

"As I pointed out before it could include every single human alive today"

That's well....nonsensical.

You telling me an Assyrian Iraqi is part Jewish? Or an African from Libya (Put) or Ethopian from Sudan (Cush), or a Turk, or a South American Brazilian Amazonian, or a Native American? No.

I don't know where it starts & stops, but I know "every American on earth would qualify as Jewish" is wrong. Like Hyperbole for the sake of holding up a paradigm. So Lebron James is part Jewish? I don't have all the answers, but I know when common sense his been left in the dust.

And I don't mean at all to be rude or disrespectful, I promise. I just know God knows what he meant exactly by what He said, where He starts/stops these things, etc. & the article/statement just seemed like over exaggerating to prop up a paradigm.

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/21 20:57
proudpapa

RE: ///That's well....nonsensical.///

It is very essential, because are the promises made to the seed or to the establishment ?

RE:///You telling me an Assyrian Iraqi is part Jewish? Or an African from Libya (Put) or Ethopian from Sudan (Cush), or a Turk, or a South American Brazilian Amazonian, or a Native American? No.///

RE///...the article/statement just seemed like over exaggerating to prop up a paradigm.///

The artical/statement is purely secular/scientific and mathmatic.

2016/4/21 21:27Profile

Re:

"The artical/statement is purely secular/scientific and mathmatic."

Yeah, but I read the article and didn't get what you got from it. Look, we obviously are all "related" when you go back. We all came from the seed of Adam. But the Semitic people who were God's chosen were Israel. If they were "all the same" & related, then was God wrong in separating a distinction between Jacob & Esau? Or better yet, Isaac & Ishmael? No, of course not, it was a straw man argument plain & simple. Not the article, but how you are apparently trying to overstate it to make "your point". Certainly comes across that way. If God chose Israel, at least in the OT we can agree He did, how did God know since we were all so related anyways since Adam, & post flood Noah & family. It seems to me like a fallacious straw man argument. Sorry, but it really does. As to where the seed starts/stops/mixes/percentages/etc.: I'm sure the same God that knew the answer to the question of how were they separated & distinguished under the covenant then, still knows today.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/21 21:57

"People Get Ready; The Rhythm Of The Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah "

oh oh, now i'm in trouble....so stone me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh6Uqc_84OE

In Jesus love, neil

2016/4/22 5:20
TMK

NC, USA

Re: "People Get Ready; The Rhythm Of The Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah "

Good call Neil.

I really like Misty Edwards, even if she is associated with that ultra heretical outfit IHOP 😉

I haven't heard this song in a good while. Pretty powerful stuff.
--------/------------

“Aslan a man!” said Mr Beaver sternly. Certainly not. I tell you he is King of the wood and the son of the great emperor-beyond- the-sea. Don’t you know who is the King of the Beasts? Aslan is a lion – the Lion, the great lion.”

“ooh!” said Susan, “I’d thought he was a man. Is he – quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”

“That you will, dearie, and no mistake” said Mrs Beaver; “if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”

“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.

“Safe?” said Mr Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”

CS Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

2016/4/22 7:50Profile

Re:

Neil,
Nice!

TMK,
Not trying to open a can of worms here, & I have genuinely had concerns concerning IHOP before too, but when you say "ultra heretical outfit", that's really strong & clear language. Heresy is that teaching which is against the basic Biblical orthodox doctrines of the faith (the essentials) & is damnable. Can you please email me at "[email protected]" (not get a slaughter fest going here on the forums) & show me what teaching exactly you are referring to that fits that definition? I would really appreciate it brother.
Thanks & God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/22 9:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy