SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Ravenhill: Donald Trump Is a Deceiver

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by JFW on 2016/3/1 23:15:42

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Good word, JFW.

I took a break from some work tonight and "tuned in", and saw Christians praying at Trump's headquarters. Days ago, I have seen Christians praying for Cruz and Christians praying for Rubio and of course there are Christians not voting for anyone, yet praying for the leaders of America. All the more that we should do everything to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace and not let worldly politics infect the Bride of Christ.

2016/3/1 23:52
Sree

Re:

I have very good respect for David Ravenhill, but this article is not clear in what he wanted to say. Does he want to warn evangelicals about supporting Trump or is he intending to expose Trump? This article does both according to me which is not correct. He can warn the Church in a prophetic way but pass judgement against a man no matter how evil he is. Apostle Paul clearly says that he has no right to judge a man outside the Church. Is David Ravenhill more prophetic than Paul? It is really sad to see SI supporting such articles even though the writer is a godly man. Shows the lack of discernment.

As a human being we all have this attitude to support the one who brings prosperity to our nation. I was also inclined to support a man in India who has potential to bring prosperity to country but also antichrist in his belief. I recognized how my flesh was so weak and wanted prosperity even though the ruler was an antichrist. I believe many Christians in US who support Trump also have the same fight between their soul and Spirit. It is better to not vote in such cases as I did in India. Why should we be responsible for voting someone who is clearly going to be against Christ?

2016/3/2 9:41Profile

Re:

Sree,
actually, Paul tells us in that passage in Corinthians that "if any man WHO CLAIMS TO BE A BROTHER (which Trump does) is sexually immoral, greedy, a swindler, or covetous, such a man is an idolator,......with such a one do not even eat (fellowship with in any way, shape, form or fashion).." And says "we should be able to judge among ourselves the matter..." So proper application of the scriptures on judging are crucial to know, understand & apply as a whole. If Trump claims to be a Christian (which he clearly does) & is shown to be these things (do I really need to list how these are & have been true in His life here?), we SHOULD JUDGE THIS MATTER among ourselves (the brethren) & have nothing to do with such a one. That's just biblical fact verbatim.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/3/2 9:49
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Jeff,

May I ask you,..
Do you believe Jesus is in heaven throwing rocks at (judging Trump) or interceding for him?

"As He is in heaven so should we be on earth"

2016/3/2 10:03Profile

Re:

Let me ask you question:

Do you believe the Word of God? Do you believe 1 Corinthians should be in the canon & all scripture is inspired & God breathed? Les address what scripture clearly says/teaches & not our own personal analogies & theoretical word pictures, ok?

1 Corinthians 5
9I wrote to you in my letter xnot to associate with sexually immoral people—10xnot at all meaning xthe sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, xsince then you would need to go out of the world. 11But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone xwho bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12For what have I to do with judging xoutsiders? xIs it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13God judges those outside. x“Purge the evil person from among you.”

"Did God really say?..." - Satan in the garden tempted Eve to ignore God's Word for his own convenient interpretation of truth.

When the subject of righteous & unrighteous judgement comes up, we should not go to our own reasoning, nor to just one verse out of context, but the whole of scripture in its proper context, & then "let God be true & every man a liar."

2016/3/2 10:12

Re:

And the context of 1 John 4:17 (the verse you quoted about as he is in heaven so are we) is about abiding in Christ, abiding in his love, loving the brethren, etc. Amen & Amen! But 1 Corinthians 5 clearly addresses how to treat one who claims to be a brother (which Trump now does, even though he's never asked for forgiveness for anything because he doesn't need to - which makes me question the gullibility & lack of simple scriptural knowledge of many who don't even know the Gospel. Read the book of Galatians & Romans & we know that's not Christian one iota). "All scripture is useful for rebuking, reproving, correcting, encouraging, exhorting & training in righteousness"

2016/3/2 10:19

Re:

And yes, I could pray for Trump! Of course. But that doesn't mean I can't point out the inconsistencies in what he's saying. Especially when he's now claiming to be a Christian & tons of naive believers fall for this stuff. A sham

2016/3/2 10:21

Re:

Brothers the discussion on this thread has been good thus far. I imolore you please do not disagree over the likes of Donald Trump. Or over the likes of Hillary Clinton. Both will probably be the candidates of the Democrats and Republicans. And both are not worth the disagreements. In the end they both are lost and need Christ.

Remember our agreement is in Jesus. He is the one we worship. We all are brothers and sisters in Him. We may have a difference of opinion over politics. But I implore you. Don't let these candidates that are given over to Satan bring disunity among us here.

Brothers simply my thoughts. I love each and everyone of you. & I believe you're standing firm in the Lord. Let us labor together for Him to see His kingdom purposes advanced.

Your brother in Christ,

Blaine

2016/3/2 10:24
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Jeff,

Yes of course I believe the word (all of it) of God as recorded in the scriptures. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to clarify that:)

However when Paul addressed the Corinthians regarding the verses you sited, he was specifically referring to those in "their church" meaning they actually know and had fellowship with these people-
So unless we personally know Donald and attend his church fellowship, my bible tells me to pray (intercede) for him as Jesus ever liveth to make intercession for the saints:)

Let me be clear also that I'm not against you brother Jeff and many of the things you write I can agree with, however it's the spirit of these types of writings that gives me pause as they seem to be seeking to condemn/discredit another brother. The apostle Paul also gives very specific instructions to the Church to go and seek to restore the brother personally and first privately and then with witnesses and only then (if they're not repentant) publicly before the assembly of the saints. Then if they still remain in their sin to break fellowship with them but even then it's for the purpose of restoration:)

I'm not in any way promoting Donald or Hillary but am hoping we can realize that these brothers and sisters need more of our prayers than our criticism-

In faith~

2016/3/2 12:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
he's now claiming to be a Christian

That might be the crux of the issue and hitting to the heart of the problem. It will be "christians" who will persecute believers in the end times. It was a "christian" germany that was led by hitler with churches and all into their world-wide conquest. One of their main emblems in german translated is: "God is with us"

2016/3/2 12:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy