Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need to be enlightened

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If by sovereignty we mean that God is the Supreme King and we are his subjects (that is how I view His sovereignty) then we may petition the King to be merciful and send a great revival in these last days. Our attitude must be that he may be willing to do so. Any other view of the sovereignty of God is fatalism and not becoming to a Christian who is commanded by our Lord Jesus to ask, seek and knock. Remember the parable of the persistent widow.

2016/2/23 20:47Profile
brothagary

Re:

Honestly brothers ,why condem debating cal, verses armnian,,,,,,,in one breath ,then start another debate in the next breath ,,,blain that is plain hippocracy on your part , and disrespect for Greg.......and sermon index ....

2016/2/23 20:55Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re: Need to be enlightened

I would like to say just a little about this topic. It won't be much cause I don't know much on this stuff. When I was in college in a history class, I really disliked this professor. His version of why the original settlers came to America was most definitely not because they wanted religious freedom but it had something to do with the mercantile system of having jobs, buying, selling, yada yada. Bear with me please. I told him that he was wrong and he went into a tyrant ranting something about "those" Calvinists. I had no clue about what he was talking about and just stood my ground on religious freedom. I also told him I was raised Presbyterian anyway and he just looked at me like I was stupid so I sat down. I just don't worry about those things. But yall do and that's fine. As far as sovereign, when I was first saved I found out about a lot of things that God let happen and I didn't like them. I asked Him why and He said to me "you don't have to know why. I Am a sovereign God." Then He gave me this scripture, Daniel 2:20-23 "Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; He deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness and light dwells with Him. I thank and praise You, God of my ancestors; You have given me wisdom and power, You have made known to me what I ask of you, You have made known to us the dream of the king."
What a Word! I just love Daniel! Anyway, as some of you have heard, My walk with Him is extremely difficult right now. The path is very narrow and a lot of time I can't even see the path. There are very big bushes and brush that have lots of sharp thorns. They make my arms and legs bleed a lot. But onward Miss child of the King. Trust, trust, trust.
I most always had an image in my head about me and Jesus. I'm one of those little children leaning against His knee and trying to climb up into His lap. "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matt. 19:14) and Matt.18:3 "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." I bet those kids didn't know anything about doctrine either.
I truly hope that I have not offended anyone here. These things were just on my heart to share.
No way do I understand this doctrine yall are discussing and thank the Lord I don't have too!
Blessings and honor and Glory to Him!

alamb

2016/2/23 21:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy