SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor James McConnell: Trial begins over Islam broadcast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Just preaching about Jesus being the only way offends the majority, and then you are accused of religious bigotry.

Art Katz says: Our absoluteness is the very height of offence to a world that is relativistic and pluralistic. They do not want to be told that there is anything that is absolute, that there are only two alternatives, but they need to be told, not by people who bring [only] the correct doctrine but by those who come with a burning conviction.

Do we really believe that God has fixed a Day in which He will judge the world in righteousness? Our apostolic task is to bring an unwanted and unwelcome message to an indifferent world, and it is a message we can only bring in the same proportion that we can demonstrate it.

2016/1/10 16:22Profile

Re:

Colin,

I believe you nailed it with that quote from Art Katz. That is the whole truth of the matter, isn't it?

2016/1/10 16:39
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

‘Not guilty’ verdict for North Ireland pastor who criticised Islam

A Northern Ireland pastor has today been found not guilty of using “grossly offensive” words during a sermon made available online.

Pastor James McConnell was on trial for comments he made about Islam. Speaking today, he made clear that he was standing against Islam as a belief, rather than individual Muslims.

Giving his decision, District Judge Liam McNally said the courts should be cautious of clamping down on speech – even if some found it “contemptible”.

Free expression
The National Secular Society said that while it ‘strongly disagreed’ with McConnell’s words, the ruling was a “welcome reassertion of the fundamental right to freedom of expression”.

McConnell was being prosecuted under the 2003 Communications Act for saying in a sermon: “Islam is heathen, Islam is satanic, Islam is a doctrine spawned in hell”.

Speaking after the result, McConnell said that he loved Muslims, but he was against “their theology and their beliefs”

read more: http://www.christian.org.uk/news/not-guilty-verdict-for-ni-pastor-who-criticised-islam/

2016/1/11 7:42Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

You guys are right, offenses will come and this proves it even on SI, I've definitely offended some of you with my own personal beliefs, even though none was intended.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/1/12 0:10Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Here is Paster James McConnell message that landed him in court but remember he was found guilty of all charges..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJFIMciQA8

Maybe you should listen to it before spouting off the next time.

2016/1/12 15:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Ya know, I usually stay quiet and don't reply but all I did was voice an opinion, decide to defend it AND all without saying one word against anyone in particular (go back and read my words).

It's been you and your trumped up charges against me who's been spouting off.

Maybe you should read Henry Drummond's book "The Greatest Thing in the World."

2016/1/12 21:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy