SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Report Details Why Gospel for Asia Lost ECFA Membership

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

That is OK. I noticed that after I posted my response.
Sandra

2015/12/18 11:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: "Gospel For Asia" Tsunami Orphan Fraud from 2005

Brothers and sisters,

What we are seeing is a purging in the church. The Holy Spirit is alerting the saints who and where the wolves are. It is happening in our brotherhood as well. The strategies used by KP and associates is not new, but common - we had it here in our church and it is devastating. Fraud, lying, manipulation - name it, we were misled. But you know what? If we would have trusted the red flags we were seeing early on it may not have progressed as far as it did.

Red flags mean something and too many times it violates our sensibilities so we choose to ignore them to our own hurt.

Sandra

2015/12/18 11:36Profile

Re:

If the red flags are continually squashed by those who "know better" then the problems just get bigger as with this situation,. There were warnings about this years ago even here and they were either ignored or the posts just vanished. Most of them honest and sincere questions without guile were dismissed from many in "leadership" positions because we minions have nothing to say.
Our loyalty must be to Jesus first, Jesus second and Jesus always,
But God's work will never be defeated and his eternal purposes will be accomplished irrespective of men do and do not do.

2015/12/18 13:21
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I've also seen that folks tend to ignore actual red flags because they have come under the deceptive sway of charm and/or the idea that "leaders" and those in "authority" get a lot of free passes, and are subject to different sets of rules that insulate them. Dissenters are squashed and marginalized without mercy. It's cultic behavior at the end of the day. Transparency is dismissed, submission to the man of God is demanded.

"Truth is fallen in the street."

2015/12/18 14:12Profile

Re: Actual numbers for Bridge of Hope funding

"David Carroll, Gospel for Asia’s COO, told World magazine that Gospel for Asia’s field partner in Asia (i.e., Believers’ Church) requires $33 million to take care of 78,000 children via the Bridge of Hope program. Here’s the quote:
Carroll offered statistics, including that GFA’s field partners in India and elsewhere in southern Asia support some 14,000 national missionaries at a cost of approximately $30 million a year. He added that the ministry provides for 78,000 children through GFA’s “Bridge of Hope” program, which requires another $33 million a year…
After that article came out, I compared David Carroll’s statement to conflicting statements by K.P. Yohannan and Believers’ Church’s own budgets for Bridge of Hope centers. The costs stated by Yohannan to sources in India were about a third or less than Carroll’s numbers.
As an update, I want to provide another authoritative sources which contradicts Carroll’s statement to World. During the week of January 4-11, 2015, Believers’ Church conducted their General Assembly in India. As a means of commemorating the event, the church published a collection of letters from government officials and a report of how the various BC ministries were doing. One page dealt with the Bridge of Hope program and proclaimed that the program spent “approximately Rs 70 crore” on 72,000 children. See bel
In January 2015, Believers’ Church said it spent Rs 70 crore (about $11 million USD) to fund a program serving 72,000 children. This works out to nearly $13/month/child. This is dramatically less than David Carroll told World. It is also much less than the $35/month/child GFA tells American donors is needed for sponsorship.
The ECFA report made it clear that GFA had not honored the pledge to send 100% of donor support to the field. In India, Believers’ Church owns over 100 schools and several state of the art hospitals. Is that where the extra donations ($22/month/child) have gone?"

My questions are:
Is there any real evidence to support that 72,000 children
are being helped? Even if the actual cost is 11.00 verses 35.00 per child claimed by GFA are they realy helping 72,00 children?.
Do they have that many facilities operating to take care of the amount of children they claimed or is just another lie on top the lies. Is most of this just make believe?

2015/12/18 14:13
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

There is an old saying about a blind squirrel who finds a nut now and then, and one about a stopped clock being right twice a day.

The EFCA has rendered its judgment on GFA and Yohannon. It speaks for itself. The reports are substantiated after investigation and audits and cooperation or the lack of it by people who do in fact interact with the principal players in the organization.

Throckmorton is a gotcha blogger whose antagonism of evangelical, fundamental Christianity is well known. I fully get why anyone who placed trust in GFA and KPY deferred to them over Throckmorton, who only published the pleas and tirades of others about KPY. In this instance Throckmorton is the blind squirrel and stopped clock who looks genius because he happened to be right for once at least in some substantial measure.

We are sinking, brothers, if we too quickly adjudge one another for our heartfelt but misplaced support of a facially genuine good ministry that is exposed as rotten. Lord knows our love for favorites may blow up on any of is as we adhere to personalities and preachers who bear good fruit only to find that the fruit is plastic. It may happen to us all and God help us not to turn on each other. It is too easy to do and we ought to quietly surpass it. It is an indictment on us if we turn on each other now in this day and hour of history.

I do not speak for anyone but me. Lord help me.

2015/12/18 14:14Profile

Re:

Yup, sometimes God allows the devil to do God's work when his people will not

2015/12/18 14:40
yuehan

Re:

What a sad indictment of the church community that it was someone like Warren Throckmorton - antagonistic towards God and His church - who was willing to investigate the facts and expose the Gospel For Asia scandal.

If these concerns had been earlier addressed according to biblical principles (outlined in passages such as Matt 18:15-17, 1 Tim 5:19-20), then the scandal would not have grown to such proportions.

In contrast to the "ostrich in the sand" tack, God's approach is truly redeeming and would have brought genuine correction and restoration. It stumbles no one, is fair to all, and promotes the genuine welfare of everyone involved.

2015/12/18 18:12Profile
yuehan

Re:

Over the years, I've seen churches - be it big or small - perpetrating the same pattern of mistakes in handling offenses.

Rather than abiding by biblical principles and adjudicating fairly, the legitimate concerns of victims are ignored or dismissed - sometimes even blaming the victim. This is effectively pouring salt into the wound and only amplifies the abuse.

The original scandal may be dreadful, but sometimes I find the way in which churches handle the matter even more abhorrent. There can also be appalling inconsistencies in how different people are treated.

How is this different from the way in which the Catholic church has been handling her scandals? The underlying motives are similar, after all - to protect the organization and favored figures within it.

But what is required is honesty with ourselves, with others, and with God. Without acknowledgement of the truth, there can be no justice. And without acknowledging the need for justice, there can be no forgiveness nor restoration.

There is a great need for honesty and authenticity in Christian communities, and we must step up to the plate.

2015/12/18 18:49Profile

Re:

Thanks dolfan, yuehan, and others for some constructive comments.

Maybe we should now take a break from commenting about GFA and look at the situation in our own countries.
Here you can see what is happening in Canada, but this trend is probably common throughout the western world.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/video-canadian-children-sing-muhammad-worship-song-to-welcome-refugees.html

How is this possible?
"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15How will they preach unless they are sent? " (Romans 10:14,15)
"Mission" for us westerners means mainly giving some of our spare money to an organisation somewhere and let THEM share the Gospel.

We know what crisis GFA is going through, but we have yet to wake up and learn what is coming to our own countries!

Romans 12:1 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.…"

2015/12/18 19:37

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy