SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Report Details Why Gospel for Asia Lost ECFA Membership

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Who can you trust now?

Oh well my wife and some other ladies from the church raised 2800.00 to purchase 28 sewing machines that GFA said would be used to help people
become self sufficient. Right.

"David Harriman, an independent consultant on charitable giving and international grant-making who also worked full time for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and Frontiers ministry, said GFA consistently misrepresented itself. “GFA has made promises relative to a very wide range of missional products, all of which are complex and costly to administer at the field level, at least with any level of integrity,” he said. “The marketing of this mission does not, in my opinion, comport with the reality that is Believers Church.”

Harriman said GFA leads donors to believe they are giving pigs, goats, or rabbits to poor families, but donations may have gone to support the GFA-affiliated cathedral, schools, hospital, college, or broadcast stations. (for profit enterprises)

Harriman praised those who have helped bring GFA’s issues to light, including Erwin and blogger Warren Throckmorton, but was sad to hear that problems existed, especially since the discrediting of GFA, long respected in many quarters, could have a ripple effect on Christian giving around the world. “There’s enough doubt in the charitable marketplace about what charities do anyway,” Harriman added."

No para church organizations for us anymore except maybe World Challenge and Benny Hinn,

2015/12/15 16:38
brothagary

Re:

Benni Hin is that a joke??

2015/12/16 0:44Profile

Re:

brothergary

Just contrasting between the ridiculous and obvious contradiction between the legitimate World Challenge and the otherwise ludicrous expression of what many see as Christian ministry. One is smoke and mirrors and the other represents Jesus in a genuine way by word and in deed.
Praying that we are learning to discern by the leading of the Holy Spirit and not by sight because this deception will only increase as the time of the Lord Jesus Christ return approaches rapidly.

2015/12/16 5:38

Re:

These are not my comments but they do seem to indicate the current pattern
of behaviour GFA's leaders are following.

"What will GFA do next? History serves as a pretty useful guide.

When GFA was confronted privately by staff, they either denied everything and attacked the staff, or they pretended to acknowledge problems (but not wrongdoing) only long enough to make the complaint go away.

When GFA was confronted publicly by critics (mainly the diaspora and Warren), they acknowledged as little as possible, as vaguely as possible, and pointed to others (auditor, disgruntled staff, etc) when possible, and hoped that would make the problem go away.

When the problem didn't go away and GFA was confronted by Board members, ECFA and donors, GFA began to acknowledge errors and wrongdoing, but they continued to keep the acknowledgements as vague as they could get away with, even acknowledging different levels of wrongdoing to different audiences.

Three things have remained consistent.

1. At every step, GFA has only acknowledged problems when they could no longer deny them.

2. When GFA has acknowledged problems, they have been as vague as possible. Acknowledgements take the form of "errors were made", rather than "this is what, how and why we did wrong."

3. Nobody is accountable. Even when GFA acknowledges wrongdoing, there are no consequences for the wrongdoing.

Even now, GFA seems to think they can put this behind them with a few vague apologies, but we are past the point where "we did a few things wrong, we've learned our lesson, please don't ask any more questions" will suffice.

The past is prologue, so I think we can guess what GFA will do.

1. As pressure mounts, GFA will have to acknowledge more wrongdoing, but they will continue to do so as vaguely as possible and never in a way that attaches specific blame to KP Yohannan. To the extent KP ever acknowledges error, it will only be the kind of feigned humility he has mastered, general acknowledgments that he is not perfect rather than specific acknowledgments that could be held against him.

2. At some point, due to falling contributions and social pressure, GFA will be forced to make leadership changes. GFA will try to throw other people under the bus first, eventually followed by KP "stepping back" from some role so he can focus on his role with Believer's Church. And perhaps on his roles with the more profitable enterprises. KP's titles may change, but his power will not. The Indian Pope will not give up his office voluntarily.

3. Once KP is out of the public eye, and with donations having fallen a great deal, there will be more pressure to generate revenue and less pressure on KP to disclaim the benefits of all that money his operations are producing. Which means KP's financial corruption may be far from over.

There is no repentance. Only calculated retreat and retrenchment."

2015/12/16 8:32

Re:

"1. As pressure mounts, GFA will have to acknowledge more wrongdoing, but they will continue to do so as vaguely as possible and never in a way that attaches specific blame to KP Yohannan. To the extent KP ever acknowledges error, it will only be the kind of feigned humility he has mastered, general acknowledgments that he is not perfect rather than specific acknowledgments that could be held against him."

Dont know anything about KP, never heard a sermon, never desired to read anything from him, but I know many many good people who supported his organization , indeed were encouraged to support him and I feel sad for them. The above point #1 is what all religious men do, feigned humility, general, acknowledgments that they are not perfect ( actually designed to gain sympathy) never any specific apology. This strategy is the deluded man's way of hiding in the many shadows of pride. Any time you hear a man say he is not perfect when he is supposedly apologizing, you know he is not repentant about anything. Bro Neil talks about a full throated falling on the sword as a genuine apology, I agree with that........bro Frank

2015/12/16 9:35

Re:

Frank

I believe that those who have served and given in good faith are blessed of the Lord anyway regardless of the use and misuse of the funds and efforts given.
Their work will be rewarded.
Mishandling and misappropriating HIS money is nasty business. We
can ask Ananias and Sapphire about that (or maybe we can't)
But we still need to practice due diligence when giving time and $$$$.

2015/12/16 11:29
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

My question is why is Greg Gordon practicing the same sorta defensive behaviors that KP is engaging in, in spite of the avalanche of evidence against KP and GFA? Why does Sermon Index continue to archive KP's sermons, which could induce people to give to a sketchy agency whose reputation is poor?

I know when the news of these financial issues broke earlier this year, and I discontinued my subscription to GFA sponsorship and announced it on Facebook, Greg and others accused me of spreading malicious gossip. And the findings of Warren Throckmorton have been simply dismissed as the baseless accusations of a devilish man with an agenda. And it has been said that these issues are just too complicated to understand, and that if we simply talk to the folks at GFA and pray, it'll all wash out in the end.

Greg seems to be hoping this will all just blow over in the same manner that KP seems to. He is completely dismissive of the evidence so far as I've seen. I don't understand why. I could make some guesses, which I won't do.

But it seems rather strange. SI needs to take down KP's sermons, so that others feel compelled to give to GFA, which has proven to be a completely sketchy organization.

2015/12/16 12:35Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Has anyone emailed kp yohannan directly ?
To ask his side of the issue.

add: http://www.gfa.org/integrity/

2015/12/16 12:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Fired staff did.

2015/12/16 13:01Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

And I emailed GFA and talked on the phone with one of their financial reps. They wouldn't commit to writing anything down and provide anything beyond talking points and pointing fingers at others.

2015/12/16 13:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy