SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Report Details Why Gospel for Asia Lost ECFA Membership

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Great questions yuehan, especially " what is the church............bri Frank

2015/12/13 12:03

Vile and disgusting ring kissing ceremony video and comments

This is not piling on, this is what so many here followed and believed and defended even after the facts were out. We really, really need discernment and humility before the Lord because this stuff will only increase as the day of the Lord approaches.

http://www.gfadiaspora.com/receiving-honor-from-men

Receiving Honor from Men

As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet…. But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” -Acts 10:25-26
William MacDonald comments:

“When Peter arrived, the centurion fell down at his feet as an act of reverence. The apostle refused… protesting that he was only a man himself. It would be fitting if all self-appointed “successors” of Peter would imitate his humility by forbidding people to kneel before them!”

We’re sad to learn our former leader seems to have chosen differently.

“His Eminence the Most Reverend Dr. K.P. Yohannan” receiving one of many kneels at his feet and kisses on his hand at a 2009 ordination.

But more concerning is KP’s answer at an April 20, 2015 staff meeting:

“Did anybody ever kiss my hand or my ring? In memory I cannot ever recall I allowed it to happen or if they did it. Because we never teach it. We never promote it. That is not our doctrine, I am not a god, anything, but if people who talk about it and say this, they saw it, what can I do.”

(Audio link of Yohanin lying about ring kissing ceremony)

“What have I done to you or to anyone here to promote me? When I took the ring on my hand, as God Almighty my witness, I was going to a death chamber. I never asked anyone to kiss my ring, I never allowed it to happen. We never teach it, we never promote it.”

To churches in the West we simply want to reveal GFA’s ritualized clergy-above-laity practice that has been hidden from conservative evangelical donors through careful marketing.

Video of Bishop Ordination Service

Eyewitness Testimonies from current and former staff regarding ring kissing

A former Believers’ Church secretary, who worked for GFA at the seminary where this video was filmed, said, “Regarding kissing the ring, we are told by our bishops in that time, the way of wishing the Bishops & Metropolitan is: When we see first time in the day we have to go to them and take their hand, which is having ring and kiss it. We have done many times. And later they have changed that, we have take their hand, which is having ring keep on our forehead. During the Ordination time Bishops (Simon John, Juria Burdan) have instructed us, after the Metropolitan given the ordination we have to touch His feet. And we have done the same. We are 40+ pastors done the same on that day.”

A former Believers’ Church state leader said, “Way back around 2009 there was this ‘confusing’ instruction about kissing KP’s ring. I did see some of the Synod staff and clergy members doing it. I call it a confusing instruction because many did not actually understand how to do it. And it looked quite awkward. As for me, I somehow escaped from doing it. Soon, the practice was revised and the new instruction was – ‘hold KP’s right hand with your right hand, raise it up to your forehead as you stoop low, and then touch the ring on your forehead’. The explanation given was that the ring had the church’s emblem on it, so we were recognizing the authority of the shepherd of the church. As for this act, I did it quite often!”

A former SD student said, “I personally saw it as well. So did my husband. Any of the people who were on our SD trip with us would have seen it too. They kissed his ring. That was 2011.”

A former US staff member said, “While living over in India for six months on the Believers Church seminary campus in 2010-2011, I witnessed multiple encounters where a BC pastor or member of the church would come up to KP and bow before him, take his hand and kiss his ring. It shocked me because it seemed so universally accepted. No one, KP included, ever tried to stop it. On a side note, I also traveled with KP several times and he always wore his long robe and the big wooden cross around his neck. One time in the airport, a woman came up to him while we were sitting at the gate, knelt down at his feet, grabbed his ankles, and bowed repeatedly to him as if he was a statue of a god or something. It was so disturbing to me. Afterward, KP told me that this was just a cultural practice and that he needed to allow the people to do it because he was seen as a leader in the church in India. I couldn’t help but think, though, of other leaders (like Gandhi, for example) who lived very humbly and modeled servanthood, as well as the explicit teaching of Jesus that ‘let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.’ (Luke 22:26)”

Additional Testimonies

A senior US leader’s wife was told the order of service by a “Father”. This was part of an ordination service in Kerala. He explained when different things would happen. Part of that dialog was at what point the person being ordained would kiss KP’s ring.

Another senior US leader was told by KP that they were going to stop the “ring kissing stuff” on the field, meaning that it had been a practice before then.

Someone whose cousin was a teacher at the Believer’s Church residential school or the seminary told us: “My cousin was teaching in a school in Kerala – which I visited. In Kerala, kissing someone else’s hand is not part of the culture. I have never seen anyone doing it. My cousin left the school because he was asked to kiss KP Yohannan’s ring, and he refused to do it.” They continued, “I am not sure if KP Yohannan personally asked him to kiss the ring or if he was just told that this was something that was being instituted in the school. But that’s the reason he left.”

2015/12/13 12:23

Re: questions

Is there any actual proof that the GFA projects they claim to operate actually exist
by the numbers and locations they claim ? As an example does the child care program they supposedly run actually support over 74,000 children and can this be evidenced by physically locating the centers they claim to operate?
Not just a few show sites that some have seen but actual names, numbers
and street addresses that these many, many children would require.
For example if each center helped 30 children on a daily basis that would require
2466 places of operation. GFA would obviously know where this is all occurring
would they not?
Or is this just a shell game they play by operating a few centers in order to support their fundraising?

2015/12/14 12:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Report Details Why Gospel for Asia Lost ECFA Membership

I do not know anything about GFA other then what I read but what I am personally seeing is that the Holy Spirit seems to be busy working to expose the identity of the sheep and goats. They tragedy is that people we have considered to be sheep are in fact wolves in sheep's clothing. This, at best, is quite painful when you have prayed for them, shared with them of your resources and trusted them.

And...this is happening e v e r y w h e r e. No exceptions.

Sandra

2015/12/14 12:38Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Sooooo sad! We have supported them for years. This is the 2nd organisation we had to drop because of irregularities or scandals. Who is next? Who is left where our money is truly used for kingdom purposes?

2015/12/14 16:05Profile

Re:

Below it the detailed report that the ECFA sent to GFA regarding the reasons for terminating their membership.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/files/2015/12/ECFA-REPORT-TO-GFA.pdf

2015/12/14 18:29
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Shouldn't SI remove K.P Yohannan's sermons from this site, given that they could mislead people into giving to GFA?

2015/12/14 20:05Profile

NLY 12% OF THE $41.6M AVAILABLE DONATIONS DESIGNATED FOR “Bridge of Hope” CHILD SPONSORSHIP ACTUALLY

"From public records it appears that around 80% of the money raised in the US for Bridge of Hope, Wells and other field designations is either missing, sitting in cash accounts, or was spent on very different things such as for-profit hospitals and universities serving the wealthy.
$20 million was also funnelled back from the Believers Church in India to the US HQ building project in violation of their 100% to the field promise and is illegal, deceptive and fraudulent as well.
It is fraud to claim that 100% of your $35 a month goes to support your child if it's only $8 a month or something like that are the actual numbers reported.
Bottom line - a ministry this corrupt and abusive toward its staff (see www.gfadiaspora.com with 100+ former staff) should be denounced by the Church at large, not defended hope upon hope in the face of overwhelming evidence of lies and fraud.
Heartbreaking to see more than half a billion dollars over the past 8 years possibly not having gone to the causes it was donated for - that would make GFA the largest charity fraud in world history. Our prayers go up for everyone involved."

ONLY 12% OF THE $41.6M AVAILABLE DONATIONS DESIGNATED FOR “Bridge of Hope” CHILD SPONSORSHIP ACTUALLY WENT TO THE “Bridge of Hope” PROGRAM, AND ONLY 4% WENT DIRECTLY TO CHILDREN

4% folks, sad is not the right word for it.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/files/2015/12/Bridge-of-Hope-Diagram-1.3.pdf

2015/12/14 21:09

Re:

Quote: (narrowpath) "Who is left where our money is truly used for kingdom purposes?"

Many years ago i supported missionaries in Russia who I only knew from the Internet. Not the wisest thing to do as we know now.
But a few years later i was able to visit them, I could see where the money went, all accounted for. They told me how they were praying when they got a call that some stranger donated some money.
It is obviously best if we know missionaries personally and they can give an account to us.

As soon as Jesus said that He will build His Ekklesia He mentioned the gates of hell. Hell will break loose if we go out there and try and win souls !

We also know that King David, a man after God's own heart failed badly but the Lord restored him again.

Money is not the only way how we can serve God:
Romans 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.…

2015/12/14 23:11

Re:

"We also know that King David, a man after God's own heart failed badly but the Lord restored him again."

And David REPENTED before the LORD. PSALM 51.
This man if he is a Christian must do the same and come clean before God
and man if is to be restored. Just like all of us if we conceal unconfessed
and unrepentant sin. You can fool me but you cannot deceive him.

2015/12/15 10:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy