SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jews and is Israel in the New Testament? Do They Still Have a Covenant with God? ABSOLUTELY YES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by roadsign on 2015/11/1 16:29:39

Quote:
Oracio, ProudPapa, Roadsign, anyone else, I propose we stop discussing this subject on SI.

I cannot accept this direction!!! Debate can be an effective tool to sharpen ourselves and one another. It's far better to develop good debating skills than shut it down all together. The challenge is to learn how to stick to the topic and not make the person the issue.
And when comments are directed personally - then we simply need to call it for what it is, and move on. It happens. Learn to work with it with grace.
Why shut it down???

PS A forum like this thrives best on debate. Those are the threads that seem to stay alive. So if we don't learn the tools of debate, we'll merely end up with a lot of lock downs - of threads that get little discussion.

Diane, of course I agree with you, but I do not want to see people banned over this and the other side seems intent on stopping debate. Some of them are saying they are in pain over it and you know how that goes. It garners the sympathies of the moderators and they will shutdown debate if we do not voluntarily do it. What do we do? You are right, people need to deal with it and stop being emotional. If the Christian Church cannot work through controversial issues, then who do we turn to? No one else can.

The Hope of Israel
http://www.messianicgoodnews.org/hope-of-israel-philip-mauro/

2015/11/1 16:36
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
willful deception and blindness

This is a blanket character judgment arising out of an assessment of another's perceived theological position. It would not be tolerated in a theological essay and could cause one to receive a failing mark. I trust we can rise above this propensity - and stay with the topic. There is much good that can potentially come out of all this.

2015/11/1 16:37Profile

Re:

Sad, very sad indeed, but i still would like to add some comments.

A doctrine can be right or wrong or partly right/ wrong .
BUT when a person kills it is because the person's heart is evil and he/she is not right with God, we can't blame a doctrine or any circumstances.

In this world there is only "Light" and "darkness" and the Light should be seperated from darkness.
We all know about Cain and Abel. Why did Cain kill?

1 John 3:11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; 12not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother's were righteous.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks.

I'm not discussing what relationship today's Israel still has with God and what kind of tribulation there will be.
If we are "in Christ" and know that "our Redeemer lives " then i think this doesn't really matter so much and we can start to lift up our heads, because our redemption is drawing near (Luke 21:28)
And then "He Himself will come to have first place in everything." Colossians 1:18

Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus !

2015/11/1 17:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy