SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Marc,

Firstly- my characterization of Jean Calvin was just that,... a characterization of him and not you. Having said that your response was quite telling...

Secondly- I understand and accept your position as being one of faith tho' (for me) it seems inconsistent with scripture. You seem to be saying that His kingdom is without bounds, meaning His sovereignty extends indefinitely. If this is so, might you explain the plain words of Jesus to Pilate "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

2015/10/4 10:55Profile

Re:

The spiritual light of the life of Jesus Christ shines in the spiritual darkness (1:5) of the world-system (John 3:19; 8:12; 12:35,46; I John 1:5,6; 2:8,9,11), the system governed by “the god of this world’ (II Cor. 4:4). He has spawned the religious system that counterfeits the true attributes of The Lord Jesus and His Body.

2015/10/4 11:08

Re:

Luke 4:43And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Matthew 24:14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Jesus did not say the Gospel of Salvation. He said the Gospel of The Kingdom.

JFW the Kingdom is my favorite subject and has been my focus for last 4 years. But it should be another thread.

marcmc

2015/10/4 11:17

Re:

I will be gone for most of the day, I will check in later.

marcmc

2015/10/4 11:20
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Marc,
You wrote: "Jesus did not say the Gospel of Salvation. He said the Gospel of The Kingdom"

AMEN!!!!!
It warms my heart to hear you confess this dear brother as I was beginning to suspect you held a position otherwise. Indeed salvation is not an end in itself but a glorious beginning whose end is all the more glorious being God Himself.

Having said this I do very much enjoy being exercised in the grace in which I am being grown. I believe we can all agree that none of us has anything to offer other than what has been given us by God, and that which was given, was itself given that we might offer ourselves up in declaration of its supreme value in that by it we are made partakers of the divine inheritance of the one who gave it.

2015/10/4 11:36Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Are you ready for the big reveal?

“And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.” Genesis 3:20

Eve "the mother of ALL living".

IF you believe the Bible... this verse answers the question, "is there life on other planets".

Also, it is SO amazing that people can believe there were great amounts of water on planets (where no water exist, today) but, a "Biblical" world wide flood, here on earth (where water exists) is silly.

2015/10/4 17:48Profile

Re:

Great point, dspks. The Word does not say the mother of all living on planet earth, but rather "the mother of ALL living."

2015/10/4 17:56
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Is it silly to believe both are true?

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars

2015/10/4 18:14Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Btw Adam called his wife Eve (the mother of all living) , AFTER the fall if that matters to anyone...

2015/10/4 18:18Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Adam vs. Modern Scientist

So, Adam (who walked with God, and the smartest human EVER to live, outside of the Lord Jesus) was mistaken... and the "pure" motivated scientist of the day are NOT mistaken. Hmmmmmmmmm

2015/10/4 18:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy