Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WND

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I thought this might be an interesting read in regards to WND.

http://bereanresearch.org/hebrew-roots-about-that-cepher-bible/

Hebrew Roots: About that Cepher “Bible”
Posted By A. Spreeman on November 13, 2015 in Discernment 0
Cepher bible

Recently I’ve been seeing a lot of advertisements for The Cepher Bible, a new translation of sorts brought to you by WND, where editor Joseph Farah sells Cepher alongside The Harbinger, The Rabbi Who Found Jesus, the Mystery of the Shemitah and other questionable books.

WND is a source to mark and avoid for discerning Christians, as I discovered several years ago when I first learned that the site sponsored Sid Roth’s hour-long video tutorial on how to do the New Age Soaking prayer.

But with the growth of the dangerous Hebrew Roots Movement, there is concern that WND’s powerful readership numbers may be aiding and abetting false teachers to reach a whole new audience.

Christian Answers for the New Age author Marcia Montenegro recently alerted her readers:

WARNING ON HERETICAL BIBLE PROMOTED BY WND
The online Christian news source, WND (World Net Daily), is promoting the Cepher Bible. This is a “Bible” endorsed by the Hebrew Roots movement which has teachings denying the Trinity and in many cases, the deity of Christ. WND has long been setting its sail to the unsteady winds of the Hebrew Roots Movement, including WND owner Joseph Farah publicly stating that the now jailed Jim Staley is his pastor.

Marcia points to the addition of non-canonical books, as promoted by WND:

The Hebrew word eth (את) means divine and the Hebrew word cepher means book, scroll, letter or writing. Hence, the את CEPHER is the “Divine Book”. This unique collection restores much of what has been removed and/or incorrectly interpreted in the Bible for centuries!. As such, the Cepher 2nd Edition:

• Sets forth a translation, rather than a substitution, of the names of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Includes all of the 74 previously canonized books, plus another 13 books considered to be inspired and/or historically significant such as Chanok (Enoch) & Yovheliym (Jubilees) from the Dead Sea Scrolls, as well as Yashar (Jasher), 2-4 Ezra (Esdras), 1-2 Baruk, and 1-4 Makkabiym (Maccabees) – all published in the chronological order of their writing.

• Transliterates over 3,100 Hebrew names without substitution.

• Restores an accurate chronological order to the books.
• Corrects the errors (for the first time) in the Song of Solomon, in Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 14, in Zakaryahu (Zechariah) 5, in Matthew 23, and corrects other notorious errors that are found in virtually all previous English translations.

• Restores the 29th chapter of the Acts of the Apostles chronicling Paul’s journey to Spain. source

You’ll want to see just how dangerous the Hebrew Roots movement is. Check out these articles:

Torah Observance – Opposing God, Following Blind Men
“What is the Hebrew Roots movement?”
More Dangers on The Sacred Name Movement/Hebrew Roots
The Hebrew Roots Cult
The Dangers of the Hebrew Roots Movement /The Sacred Name Movement
What is Messianic Judaism?
Should a Christian celebrate Hanukkah (Christmaskah)?

One highlight to note: The Cepher is including the Book of Jasher, which many Christians have never heard of. Biblical scholars don’t believe The Book of Jasher is authentic. Got Questions has more on The Book of Jasher

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. 2 Peter 2:1

2015/11/13 16:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I try hard to not to immerse myself in current events. I want to know what is going on, who did it and why. But it is hard to take a nonchalant attitude toward current events.

I remember well when JFK was assassinated and the following reports of Lee Harvey Oswald as being the trigger man - why the US gov said he did it! Today, I no longer believe that.

Another unsettling question: what triggered Adolph Hitler to go after the Jews? Remember only 6 million of the 11 million were Jews were killed during the holocaust. Why does one rarely hear the figure 11 million? But - why did he do it? Does this answer give us any insight to current events?

My point is that finding the truth in the secular news media is like looking for a needle is a haystack - ever seen a haystack? If you are looking for a sewing needle there you give up because the hay hides the needle for they look similar.

Even in comparing one news outlet with others, the reports are similar. At this point I still respect WORLD magazine...
Even in all this, I can see why Christians should not get involved in politics because of the deception inherent in it. Complex for sure. I am certain of one thing: if one were to know the full truth we would be astounded into utter silence.

But...I still want to know. SIGH

Sandra

2015/11/14 9:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy