SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Going in to darkness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

TMK wrote,

"I remember reading Megashift by Rutz years ago. I don't remember tons about it other than it raised numerous red flags. At least for me."

Flags? no, he is flat out wrong in Megashift. Most of the technics in The Open Church also never worked apart from theory. The value of the book and why I posted it is the condensed historical information that made events that happened over hundreds of years easily accesable.

Marc mc

2015/9/4 16:42
Theophila

Re:

Brother Tim,
That post blessed me immeasurably and the last paragraph all but blew me away.
The Lord is indeed cleansing, purifying and energizing His own in this dark hour.
That process will mean the difference between walking in the light and groping around in the dark in these interesting times that we live in.

May we have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the Bride.

2015/9/5 1:21Profile

Re:

It is understandable for some believers to have this idea of the Church in regions to be " just fine" and " Jesus is ok and working with whatever's going on". I have never held this position. It is obvious by the writings of NT Apostles and the Seven Letters to the Seven Churches that Jesus was anything but "ok" with believers just doing Church anyway they saw as best. This thinking does not work in your personal life and it has failed miserably in the corporate church.

The NA church has painted itself into a corner with that line of reasoning. Buildings sitting vacant 97% of the time, a sterilized message crafted to be swallowed easily, a not for profit statis that keeps the church and attendees broke and preventing them from assisting those in real need, holding up any inevitable success stories as proof endorsements and waiting for a God who is seen more like a store manager to turn on the power has cut the Churches off from all roles except invisibility in regions and communities.

"The heaviest obligation lying upon the Christian Church today is to purify and elevate her concept of God until it is once more worthy of Him"(Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy, 6).

One of our great allies at present is the Church itself. Do not misunderstand me. I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners. That, I confess, is a spectacle which makes our boldest tempters uneasy. But fortunately it is quite invisible to these humans. (C S Lewis, The screwtape letters.)

Marc mc

2015/9/5 4:48
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Going in to darkness

As I read through this thread I am reminded of how the Church seems to be in ruin outwardly and yet, at the same time, the Church is at the highest point of progression it has ever known; especially in view of all the incredible revelation she has had since the Reformation.

Watchman Nee wrote, "Today’s Christians ought to strive to enter into the progressive work of God which He is doing in this age. Only seeing the outward ruinous condition of the Church is inadequate. We must go a step further to see the Lord’s present-day work. We have no idea at what point the Lord will stop working. We only know God is currently preparing the temple stones to be fitly framed together. One day all things shall be ready. And that will be the time when the Holy Temple of God is finally built."

In Christ,

2015/9/5 18:05Profile

Re:

InTheLight,

Would you share a few of those incredible revelations since the Reformation?

And how do you view the workings of God from say 500 AD up to the Reformers? Which equals about half of Church history.

marcmc

2015/9/5 18:34
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Would you share a few of those incredible revelations since the Reformation?

Perhaps recovery of truths would have been a better term to use. To name just a few, the truth concerning justification by faith was rediscovered in Luther's time. I think of the incredible depths of scripture that were plumbed by the Puritans, I'm still amazed by the riches that William Gurnall discovered in expositing a short passage in Ephesians 6.

Others were used in the revival of the inner life. Others were instrumental in recovering sanctification by faith. Some, such a George Muller saw faith and put it into practice as few others have. Evan Roberts and Rees Howell understood spiritual warfare and prayer ministry in a remarkable way. Men like T. Austin-Sparks and DeVern Fromke have been used to recover both the eternal purpose of God and resurrection life. The list goes on, what the Church possesses today is quite rich, if we continue in this way God will surely work in and through us.

Quote:
And how do you view the workings of God from say 500 AD up to the Reformers? Which equals about half of Church history.

For a comprehensive history of His marvelous works in that time I would refer you to E.H Broadbent's The Pilgrim Church.

In Christ,

2015/9/5 19:03Profile

Re:

Beautiful post Ron.

It warmed my heart to the core.

I imagine our libraries share many things in common.

marcmc

2015/9/5 19:21
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Going in to darkness

Pharisee 1 to Pharisee 2 (as they observe Christ):
"Can you believe he is preaching from that stinking fishing boat... what kind of venue is that???"
Pharisee 2: "YES, simply evil! Doesn't he know what kind of language those lowly fishermen use on that boat?"
Pharisee 1: "Before you know it... he will be asking his followers to carry around a cross."
Pharisee 2: "Now THAT is dark!"

2015/9/5 20:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy