SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did God Allow Polygamy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Sree-

By your logic how could anything have been considered sin in the old covenant?

2015/7/29 8:59Profile
Sree

Re:

I am not saying men under Old Covenant were incabable of keeping any command. No there was only one command they were incapable of keeping, which was the 10th Command. It was given to Humble them. Apostle Paul fell in this 1 command only. Else Paul would have never chosen Christ. Paul was already perfect with respect to all other commands.

I am only saying under Old Covenant Israel did not have grace to overcome sexual lusts. But that is not the same with all sins. In Old Covenant Anger in the heart was not at all sin. But in New Covenant, Anger in heart is good enough to cast one into eternal hell!

According to old Covenant capabilities, God only gave them what was doable. He commanded them not to commit murder in Anger. He knew that men under Old Covenant cannot overcome their sexual lusts, hence he permitted them to marry women to satisfy their lusts. He tolerated this act of Israel though it did not please him.

2015/7/29 9:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Ok I guess I need a little further clarification.

By your argument, under the new covenant, obviously only those with the HS are able to overcome lusts. What about the unsaved? Are they sinning when they give into lust? As a practical matter they are no different than old covenant men.

But perhaps I am misunderstanding you at some point.

2015/7/29 9:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy