SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Head Coverings For Women In The Church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

The only reason I’m posting in this thread is for other women to know that in order to submit to their husband, they don’t need to wear anything on the outside.

Sister, I agree with you that you can be a spiritually strong women who can easily submit to husband. But that might not be the case with many. There are many women who might be struggling with this submission, who might not be strong believer like you. They need God's grace in this matter. We cannot earn God's grace by our actions but by our disobedience we can prevent his grace from reaching us. So a women who needs grace in this area of submission will be preventing God's grace from reaching her due to her disobedience to head covering.

I know many sisters who are very Godly and also wear ornaments. But once I heard a sister's testimony. She was longing for the Baptism of Holy Spirit but every time she asked for it, she heard a voice say 'remove your ornaments'. She kept resisting to that voice. Finally one day she removed her ornaments and said Lord now I obey your voice and immediately the spirit filled her. This is her true testimony.

Now a sister who is wearing ornaments and also spiritually strong can easily deceive this young sister saying, you do not need to remove your ornaments to receive the baptism of Holy Spirit. Now this way the sister could be easily deceived.

So you too could result in deceiving many young sisters who want to wholeheartedly obey God's word to receive grace in the area of submission to wife. Why do you want to do this? Why do you want to gain curse by making a little one stumble?
My humble advice for you is to keep your testimony to your self. This thread is for the weak sisters who need help in the area of submission. You are spiritually strong enough to avoid such threads.

2015/7/16 0:49Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

This is one of those topics where my mind will never be changed, nor will the minds of those who feel differently be changed.

Brother if your mind will never change in this case no matter how much your understanding is proved wrong using God's word (as proven in this thread), then why do you want to come to this thread? Greg has put it clearly in the opening subject that this thread is for those who have genuine questions on this subject and wants to know the answer to make up their mind. This thread is not for those who already made up their mind and just asking question to prove others wrong or to show of their intelligence.

Why is it difficult for you to obey to this simple statement made by the moderator? Submission to human authority placed on top of us is a very good sign of our spiritual submission to an unseen God. If a man does not submit to human authorities on top of him then how can he submit to divine authority? I am sorry if I have hurt you but honestly it baffles me how someone takes such serious things so lightly.

2015/7/16 0:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
sree wrote:
There are many women who might be struggling with this submission, who might not be strong believer like you. They need God's grace in this matter.

Are you kidding me? Unbelievable. This is a terrible argument full of so many illogical holes.

Ok, so let's start with these questions and please respond with honest answer::

1) Are there ANY women (in your church) who do not wear head coverings? How many?

2) What is the time frame before a new woman has to start wearing head coverings?

3) Is that part of the rules in your church that all women wear head coverings (if they are going to stay)?

4) Do you allow any woman who is strong in the Lord in submission to stay in your church without a head covering?

5) Are they known as women strong in submission or are they treated as those who won't submit to authority (Jezebel's?)?

6) Do you consider all women in your church (I'm thinking that all of them wear head coverings), do you consider them all weak in submission?

7) And finally, do you actually use this argument with women in your church?!? "You are so strong in submission, you need to wear a head covering as an example for the weaker women."

Honestly, I'm thinking I'm not the one who is deceived.

2015/7/16 6:40Profile
Sree

Re:

Lisa, none of your question is anything related to what I have written. Why should my Church come into this picture? You clearly do not understand what I have written. I accept that you can be a women who is 100% good in submission, a perfect Christian wife. But not everyone are like that. When Jesus said that he has come for the sick, not the healthy one, what did he mean? If Jesus lacked logic then my post as well lacks logic. If you understood the meaning of that verse you would have understood what I posted before.

I posted before that I struggle to love my wife like how Christ Loves the Church. I accept this because I know the standard of Christ's love for Church is extremly high. It is humanly impossible to love my wife to that standard. I definitely need divine help to achieve that standard.

This is my honest answer, if there was a command that Men should shave only one half of their head as a symbol of love to their wife to angels then I will shave the half of my head without asking question. Even if I look ridiculous, even if I was the only man on earth who comes to Church like that. I know I am weak in this, I will obey so that I will not prevent his grace from reaching me in all important thing of loving my wife.

2015/7/16 7:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "Why is it difficult for you to obey to this simple statement made by the moderator?"

Well, I did apologize.

2015/7/16 8:00Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Quote: "Why is it difficult for you to obey to this simple statement made by the moderator?"

Well, I did apologize.

I did not just refer to your last post in which you put an apology. I am referring to your participation in this thread itself. If you did not have a genuine question, if you clearly believe that nothing can change your understanding, then why did you post your questions and understandings? This thread is for those who have genuine questions to get them clarified.

2015/7/16 8:07Profile

Re:

To: dfella

Hello David

There is no email in your profile that I can see.

2015/7/16 10:46
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

For those interested the ebook:

Head Coverings by K.P Yohannan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25173

can also be purchased for $2.55 each here:
http://christianlearning.org/head-coverings.html

I really found this the most practical, simple, grace-filled explanation of headcoverings I have read.

2015/7/16 10:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "I did not just refer to your last post in which you put an apology. I am referring to your participation in this thread itself. If you did not have a genuine question, if you clearly believe that nothing can change your understanding, then why did you post your questions and understandings? This thread is for those who have genuine questions to get them clarified."

That is what I was apologizing for. My participation. You don't have to accept it I suppose.

2015/7/16 12:24Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

I did want to inject a few thoughts and questions to this topic.

If my wife is submissive to me in the Biblical (not dictatorial) sense then her head dress would seem to be irrelevant. Conversely, if my wife is destroying the unity of our family and walking in rebellion then that must be seen as wrong though she might be swimming in head dresses.

Isn't the issue whether she is actually walking in love, harmony, and unity with me rather than if she has a patch of cloth on her head.

What of the woman wearing a head dress that is subversive in her home and destroying it? She is in error regardless of the fact that she is sporting head gear.

The other thought that seems to keep coming up is in the regard to angels. Does anyone actually think that angels are to unable to recognize if a person is walking in love and submission??? Does anyone actually believe they need to see a piece of cloth on a persons head as a "sign" so that they won't be confused? Does anyone think the angels don't have the ability to understand this issue without seeing a piece of cloth on a persons head to point them in the right direction?!?!? What of the lady who is totally rebellious but wears a head dress. Would the angels then be walking in deception .... if they are getting their decision from the head gear they obviously would be.

That's just silly isn't it?

If a lady wishes to wear a head dress and sees it as a sign of submission then so be it. However, to wear the head dress is in and of itself no sign of submission whatsoever! It's her words, intents, and actions that matter!

If she gets her thoughts and intents correctly aligned then she is walking in submission regardless of the lack of headpieces.

It seems eerily near to Jesus warning of getting the outside of the cup clean but being unconcerned with the inside.

In my humble opinion keeping the focus on the persons attitudes, words, and actions reveals the true heart and fruit. Keeping the focus on an outward piece of clothing simply invites Phariseeism. The one wearing the cloth is judged as spiritual regardless of their true heart. In exactly the same way the one not wearing the cloth is judged as rebellious even though they may be the most loving and submissive person in the room.

It's quiet easy to be seen as spiritual when all I have to do is meet some dress code.

The church never, ever, ever does well when it makes judgements based on outward appearances.

2015/7/16 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy