SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: thank you

thank you for letting God work through you Larhy and thank you for showing me Christ is one with us AMEN X

2005/5/13 8:59

Re: Marina....

I'm blessed that you are blessed, but let us give God all the glory, honor, and praise. I know you do, and thank God for it. He is just so awesome.

2005/5/13 9:11

Re: This just in....

...leave it to God to use A.W. Tozer in such a timely fashion. After I had finished the post below, I went back to my apartment and picked up my morning meditation book, "Tozer on Christian Leadership". Today I read the following. Oh how I do believe it fits so well right here. God is rigth on time. I hope you are blessed.

"The christian minister, as someone has pointed out, is a descendant not of the Greek orator, but of the Hebrew prophet.

The differences between the orator and the prophet are many and radical, the chief being that the orator speaks for himself while the prophet speaks for God. The orator originates his message and is responsible to himself for it's content. The prophet originates nothing but delivers the message he has received from God Who alone is responsible for it, the prophet being responsible to God for it's delivery only. The prophet must hear the message clearly and deliver it faithfully, and that is indeed a grave responsibility; but it is to God alone, not to men."

Aiden don't need my help. Neither does God. But I thought it was so appropriate and so timely. Alleluia. Praise God. Enjoy.

2005/5/13 9:17
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Sent?

Lahry...

Thank you dear brother... My insides are at a bursting point. The failed expressions. The want or lack of proper words and then the Lord sends blessed help through someone else. You have made the tears wel up brother.

Yesterday, interestingly enough... Jer 9 and 12...

Jer 9:1 Oh that my head were waters, and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
Jer 9:2 Oh that I had in the desert a travelers' lodging place, that I might leave my people and go away from them! For they are all adulterers, a company of treacherous men.
Jer 9:3 They bend their tongue like a bow; falsehood and not truth has grown strong in the land; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they do not know me, declares the LORD.

Jer 9:23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
Jer 9:24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."

Jer 12:3 But you, O LORD, know me; you see me, and test my heart toward you. Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and set them apart for the day of slaughter.
Jer 12:4 How long will the land mourn and the grass of every field wither? For the evil of those who dwell in it the beasts and the birds are swept away, because they said, "He will not see our latter end."
Jer 12:5 "If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses? And if in a safe land you are so trusting, what will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?
Jer 12:6 For even your brothers and the house of your father, even they have dealt treacherously with you; they are in full cry after you; do not believe them, though they speak friendly words to you."

Jer 12:10 Many shepherds have destroyed my vineyard; they have trampled down my portion; they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
Jer 12:11 They have made it a desolation; desolate, it mourns to me. The whole land is made desolate, but no man lays it to heart.

Brother, [i]had sworn to my own hurt[/i] that I would beg off of this whole topic and yet still...
But my sentiments are shared here. It is so dfficult to express and the honest restling with what was said earlier about being 'diplomatic' caused much reflection... Whatever my worthless opinion is. what seems to be bearing own out of all this is to try and get a full orbed view of things [i]before[/i] uttering out anything as serious and weighty as to be 'prophetic', whether that be just exegisis of what has already been said in scripture or what is to come in a spirtual sense or be it 'literal'.

There is just so much that needs to be seriously considered. It is not to inject paranoia, it is not to place doubts about ones calling, it is not about pleasing 'mere men' as I put it elsewhere, borrowing from Paul...

Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ.

In that sense, surely we are a different bred of men, not 'better than'... Nor am I concerned about making defense's or backtracking other than if it was done in the wrong spirit or in reliance on the flesh. And will always welcome an open rebuke to error in my thinking. All that is false needs to be exposed for what it is. All that is suspect, questionable... should it not be brought out to the Light and exposed to see if it is pure? Perhaps not 'perfect', but the substance...

I do understand about being led by the spirit and certainly most of us here are not of a shallow sort, there is a blessed welcoming of digging down deeper into the core of things here. And praise God for it! It is at bottom just a consideration from the like hearted around here to absorb others considerations, their thoughts, the Holy Spirit is also indwelling them.

There is so much to think on from the various topics and discussions and to my particular way of thinking I tend to blurr them somewhat together. I think of what Neil posted in the "Kraft" thread and the despicable things that had gone on and have been exposed recently that he mentioned and I wonder at it all, why didn't they take a stronger more decisive stand at the time? All this back room shifting around of these so called preists and the words of our Lord echoing of [i]milstones[/i]... And then the great outpuring for the pope's death and ... And Karl is right there as well. And Greg's thought's before all that. And we can bounce over to all that our brother Rahman brought forth which I have yet to get caught up on, a hunch that there is much that applies here as well to the buisiness of the prophetic. And Aarons bringing forth much food for thought with the areas of eschatology and the overlaping sentiments brought out here. And Lahry you yourself, ah, dear saint your heart cut's like a blessed knife through so much. The things you bring forth cause much reflection and prayer and a different perspective which to gain and apply to these same areas here. What about India and those brethren? What about Ethiopia? How does the 'prophetic' apply there? Is it not a great danger to apply our western minds to these areas only, that which pertains to us here in the 'good ol U.S. of A.?' What about the U.K.? What about the persecution...What about China?

Quote:
The wonderful thing about the internet is that many who are of "the remnant" are here. Many of those are here on SI. Thanks be to God. I need each of you in my life. You all add to me the love and wonderful wonder of Jesus Christ. God bless you and keep you, lead you and guide and you prosper all that you lay hand upon.

I wholeheartedly agree. There is something completly different about this ... gathering.. and it's probably about time I quit mincing words about it. There are things going on that have yet to be told and in the Lords timing they will come out. This is a precious gem we behold here, the resources and fellowship of the burning heart for Gods glory and for the Lord Jesus Christ to be all in all... It is truly incredible...

I mean Jesses car burst into flames yesterday... mere happenstance? [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5583&forum=35]My car Bursted into flames[/url] .... Will let that be a matter of our own reflections.

Quote:
So I try not to think about it, I just do it when it comes, as unto the Lord. I give Him so much liberty, that I try not to judge anything myself. I just basically share my heart. It's not that I have a good heart, I just have a good God that lives there. I yield myself to Him and His love. I fall in wonder to Him being mindful of me at all. I can't help but worship Him and give Him all the glory, honor, and praise, in Jesus' Holy and Gracious Name. Amen and amen.

Understand that as well brother...Sometimes all this stinking thinking...

That we would all just consider and pray for one another.

2005/5/13 9:56Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

Brother Mike you wrote:
"That we would all just consider and pray for one another" ...

And i hear our Lord saying:
"That we would all just consider and pray [u][b] with[/b][/u] one another"

That's the message of the prophet Joel ...
That's the message God has given me to proclaim to my pastor ...

Satan has done a real job on "prayer" period in this so called modern church ... But he's worked a whammy on "corporate prayer" ... Why do you think he's done this? ... Because effective, fervent "corporate prayer" is key to getting God's attention to His outpouring of REVIVAL ...

REVIVAL! is the single most dreaded word in the kingdom of the dark lord, and he has done, and will continue to do, all in his malignant power to keep the Church of Christ off our faces in pursuit of said REVIVAL ...

But he'll not succeed! ... NEVER! ...

To the devil's dismay, and to the shock of so many Christian naysayers, we're going on our faces and [b]REVIVAL IS COMING!!![/b] ... And no i can't tell you the day or the hour but my spiritual spider senses are tingling off the hook in the anticipation that it's coming[b] SOON![/b]

2005/5/13 12:47Profile

Re: brother Rahman...

.... I so appreciate your zeal and your love. Thank you for your post. I simply cannot aggree with you. I dont' think revival is coming. May a small repentence here and there. But no large outpouring. It's not prophecied in the Word. And I don't get a witness either. My witness means nothing. But I can't find it in the Word. Sigh. I'm sorry.

I just spent about 30 mins writing what I saw coming in the next few years. Then I was so reluctant to post it, I wiped it out. Sigh.

As America goes, so goes the world. The leadership and the wealth required to fuel the progress toward and all the technology needed to supply the tribulation need is in the hands of the american dollar. Greed is the number one driving force in America brother, not the Holy Spirit. This economy cannot falter until the final collapse of the economy of the entire world.

I share your desire for revival brother. But I am telling you, it will not come to pass. Christianity is in under attack like never before. That will get worse, much worse. It will become legal to prosecute and torture christians. True believers. The churches will lable them heritics and scream crucify them right along with the media. There will be no revival.

We must pray that we will not be decieved. Deception cannot find it's home in it's definition unless someone is deceived. The world is already deceived. The church is hot on it's trail to be just like the world with a church sign out front. All man, all talent, all modern, and all wrong.

Brother, I'm a nobody from nowhere. I cannot find a single virtual pulpit open to me to preach. I am unwanted, an uninvited. I am not even welcome in churches. Oh they open for a short time. But then when they begin to know me and what's inside of me, they close the door of their hearts and turn the cold shoulder to me.

So who am I to tell you that you are not correct in what you say? Nobody. That's who I am. Nobody. But my God says "no revival". That which was spoken by the prophet Joel is yet to come..in Israel. But here? There will be no revival. Don't take my word for it, take God's.

Oh how I would love to see His Spirit fall. But the innocent blood of probably close to 50 million babies cries out for justice. Do you understand why this crime is so horrendous? It not only ends the life of the child, but it also murders all the potential decendents of that life. Countless human beings are murdered each time the unborn child is murdered. Ad to that all the filth and idolatry that all americans have come to love, including most church folks, and you have the wrath of God stored up. When will it be poured out? When we are slain for my faith. And you know what? That is not far down the road as you think. There will be no revival. The great machine will fuel the tribulation. Our economy of this nation, it's power and technology are necessary for the anti-christ and his power machine. But oh the day we take our hand of protection from Israel. That will be the day when the noon day turns into night. All hell will break loose and God will show america just how it is not great, and who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Slay me in street if you must. Feed my flesh to dogs. But every knee will bow, and ever tongue confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord. But it does not say that they will be saved. There will be no revival of any significance until Jesus comes again. Make sure you are in the remnant. Hold on to the Word of God with all your heart. Run to Him while He still waits. The door of the ark is about to be shut by God, and no others will enter in until Jesus comes again. Believe it, or not.

Oh God how I hate to post this. But as brother Tozer so well said, I am responsible only to God, and He is responsible for all things. So post it I will, even though I already know many will call me a fool. I choose to be a fool for Christ, so thank you for suffering with me through this. God bless you and keep you..in Jesus' Holy name I pray.

2005/5/13 21:55

Re: Crsschk

Christian brotherly hugs, beloved. Hold on tight to Jesus. Hold on real tight. The world has climbed to the hight of it's summit, and is about ready to take that great plunge down. There will be such a thrill at first. But the track will not turn back up again. There will be no loops and spirals to dazzle and dismay. The plunge will be into darkness and distruction. Only the second coming of Jesus will keep us from complete anihilation. Expect the unexpected, dear heart. Throw down all preconcieved ideas and teaching. Hold fast to what the Word of God says in His Holy Bible. And then behold, He sets a table in the sight of our enemies. Brother, in sight of our enemies is not what we would call a fun place. There will be demands for our very lives. But God......oh God. Alleluia. Though I walk in the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. I will have peace without excuse or reason. Among all the smoke and destruction, though they slay me, yet I pray for the divine strength and ability to praise Him and proclaim Him not only my Savior, but also my Holy Lord.

2005/5/13 22:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Interesting

Hi Lahry,

Appreciate your boldness here. Surely others will disagree and honestly I am unsure one way or the other. Can't, won't, may or may not...All are the secrets of the Lord and this will just as surely delve into the area of who is hearing what. So I hope and ask for patience here right from the get go. Please.

The only observation that I might throw out there in the realm of possibilities is this: Perhaps we are in a revival right now and don't even recognize it. The Silent Revival, the Remnant Revival, whatever you want to call it. That a few in a truly 'numbers' way of looking at things are pulling away from the 'system' as it has become and are seeking after what is strictly true, going back down the old paths to try and find what is missing. Searching out church history for completely different reasons than academic. That will stop at nothing till they find what is real reality in all that the Lord came to do in and through us. Beyond the shallows and into what is at the core of our miserable selves. I think it's happening and that what the future holds may only be more of the same, won't even speculate it, just seems that way. No advertising, no big fireworks show, (Sorry, not to be flippant). But just an almost imperceivable quiet under girding and sustaining. This is all but a matter of mere opinion, nothing more. Glad to be equally yoked as another nobody brother.

Besides it does seem that this is directed in regards to America anyway if I am getting your drift. What of all the other countries? Perhaps this may apply. I certainly don't really disagree with your premises, that persecution may come here seems only inevitable. The boundaries are already practically meaningless and it seems that the only thing really gaining any steam in our culture is a bent towards more and more evil, with a nice glossed over look to it of course. "Calling good evil and evil good". 2 Tim 3 it is...

2005/5/13 22:27Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
The only observation that I might throw out there in the realm of possibilities is this: Perhaps we are in a revival right now and don't even recognize it. The Silent Revival, the Remnant Revival, whatever you want to call it. That a few in a truly 'numbers' way of looking at things are pulling away from the 'system' as it has become and are seeking after what is strictly true, going back down the old paths to try and find what is missing. Searching out church history for completely different reasons than academic. That will stop at nothing till they find what is real reality in all that the Lord came to do in and through us. Beyond the shallows and into what is at the core of our miserable selves.

Lahry said,
Quote:
I share your desire for revival brother. But I am telling you, it will not come to pass. Christianity is in under attack like never before. That will get worse, much worse. It will become legal to prosecute and torture christians. True believers. The churches will lable them heritics and scream crucify them right along with the media. There will be no revival.

I think you are both right. There are those thinking that "revival" means the masses wallering around in repentance, but I think "revival" means a few going whole hog for God. Many of those few will be ruthlessly persecuted by the religious system. So, Lahry, what you are saying is 'no revival' is 'revival', to me. I believe it, because I see where your heart is, and Mike's, and Rahman's, and Chanin's, and Compton's, and so many more...It gives me courage to press on and lay aside this world for a better prize.

I haven't even read through this entire thread, just this one page, but I know this site is rich with True Prophets. My spirit witnesses with the message that prevails here. Love Ya'll. Dian.

2005/5/15 7:21Profile

Re: Glory to God Dian

Oh yes, beloved,there is a better prize, in this life and the next. I have often wondered how Paul could sing praises at midnight in a dungenous jail locked in stocks. Please note the first four letters of the word "dungeon". Hope I spelled it right. This was not a pretty place. But Paul lived above this life. He lived abundant life. That is the life in fellowship with the Father, through the Son, by the Holy Spirit. I has nothing to do with circumstances or events. It has everything to do with life, abundant life, connected to God in all things. His life in us, the hope of glory. Thanks be to God.

2005/5/15 10:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy