SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where will the antichrist arise from??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Nevertheless, I still have a serious problem with that first line. As I understand the Revelation there must be a one world currency with people receiving the mark on hand or forehead in order to participate. This is many many years away if it is even ever at all a possibility. There are places in the world with no currency let alone entirely electronic economies. Much of Africa is hundreds of years away from this. People there live on barter economies, largely and have no or little experience with even a cheching account.

People in africa are not as backward as you may think.

2005/5/2 19:51Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
It could indeed happen. But I would still wonder if that is the correct interpretation of Rev 13:16-18. To me it seems unlikley, I have never understood 14:1 to mean that people will have the Father's name literaly written on their foreheads. I can see no reason to interpret 13:16-18 stone cold literaly but not do the same with Rev 14:1 (or the rest of chapter 14 for that matter).

taco
it may seem unlikely that we would have God's name on our forheads but I see no reason why God wouldn't have it as such. this is not the first time that people have had their forheads marked. I believe it happened during the time of one of the prophets, I think ezekiel (I could be wrong on which prophet) where and angel came down from heaven with an inkhorn and was told to mark the forheads of the people God had chosen.

I guess we should agree to dirsagree on this one, I prefer to take that scripture literally, less of a headache in figuring out what it means :-P

2005/5/2 20:02Profile

Re: ReWhat saith the scriptures?

What saith the scriptures regarding the literal return of Christ?

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though [b][color=CC3300]we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more[/color][/b]".

Do you know why Paul is saying this? He knew that that the old creature is gone, and the new creature is the new man within.

Old things are passed away behold all things have become new. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

What are His words? Peter said, "you have the words of eternal life". Heaven and earth will pass away but this new life that is eternal will not pass away.

I know this is not popular and I know that there will be opposition, the only way Christ will ever come is in his saints, when He becomes mature and perfected in His saints.

It will be the day when we declare like Paul did when he came into this perfection, "it's no longer I that liveth, but it's christ in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God". Paul faith has been perfected as it says that "He is the author and the finisher of MY faith", now he is living by the Faith of the Son of God. The dying daily has ceased, the strugglings of Romans 7 have ceased, it's now perfection. When that which is perfect has come that which was in part shall be done away. That partial part was only needed to get us to that place of perfection.

This is the hope of glory, we are raptured up into His life while still on the earth. Many never understand this, they live off the experince of yesteryears. We MUST enter in as Paul admonishes us in Hebrews.

I thank God for this understanding. This is not a new revelation, this is as old as the New Testement church. That is why the Church is sick today, it is sick because:

[b][color=993300]"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick........"[/color][/b]

For over a hundred years since Scofield declared that Christ is coming back in the clouds, preacher after preacher have been telling the congregation, "Christ could come back at any moment", that is like a broken record. Play that over and over for about 100 years and you'll get sick, because Hope deferred will make you sick.

Christ will return, but it won't be in a manner that that our eyes will see, He will be manifested in His saints. Jesus said as one Son of God, "If you seen me you've seen the Father". What is hindering that from happening to thousands of His sons that He is bringing to perfection?

Can we not say too, if you seen me you've seen the Father? or are we bordering on blasphemy? If that is true, then what saith this verse:

"The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be AS his master".

2005/5/2 20:44
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
So this is the wisdom of God that we all been waiting for, by taking this microchip we damn our souls to hell fire. Wow, it takes technology to damn a soul. So what is the mark of the Christian? Kool-Aid stain?

Karl
Don't make light of the wisdom of God. God does as He pleases whether i makes sense to us or not, whether we like it or not, whether we agree with it or not, or even if we don't think it's fair. This is a big reason why the tribulation will catch so many people off guard, because it doesn't make sense, we don't think it's fair, we don't agree with it and we just plain don't like it. Who among us can march up to heaven and counsel God on these matters? If there is one let him speak now. If the mark of the beast is to be a microchip, then so shall it be, if that is the will of God then who of us can make Him change it? if the tribulation is "unfair" then who can convince God of that?

think about this John wrote what He saw int he book of revelation. He literally saw 4 horses riding out, he saw the large hailstones falling down to earth, he saw the abyss as it was opened and saw the locusts with the scorpions tails and the horsemen which rode all over the earth whose beasts breathed smoke. In the spirit this is what happens on earth it is the tribulation.

Of this we can all be sure, the tribulation is upon us, get oil in your lamp and stay awake the master's return is at hand. be ye ready brethren.

2005/5/2 21:23Profile

Re: Which Generation?

Which generation was Jesus referring too in Matthew 24, His generation or another generation?

I know that everyone believes He meant it for this generation. So without further ado, I will move on.

Jesus said, "The words that I speak they are spirit and they are life".

Peter said, "You have the words of eternal life".

Paul said, "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

When Jesus was speaking, He was still under the Old Testement.

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law".

Jesus spoke like that of the Old Testement prophets, He spoke in types and shadows.

He used the same language of the Old Testement prophet when He spoke of the Sun and the Moon and the Stars.

For example let me give you something that most people know, but for those who don't know, we'll present it here.

When Joseph had a dream concerning the Sun, the Moon and the Stars bowing down and worshipping him, he told the dream to his father and his father rebuked him saying, "What is this dream that you have dreamt, shall I and your Mother and your brethern fall down and worship you?".

When Jesus uses the Sun the Moon and Stars losing thier light, He is saying in essence that Israel would lose their glory as a city on a hill and a light on the candlestick. That the old system of law keeping would come to an end, and it did in that generation 70 A.D.

But everyone wants to see the sun turn black and the moon turn to blood. By the way, if the sun turned black and stopped emitting ultraviolet waves, this planet would cease to exist in less then 15 minutes. It would be a block of ice. But yet the LORD created the earth to be inhabited:

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

Also:

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Also:

"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, [b][color=CC3300]world without end[/color][/b]."

Also:

"And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the [b][color=CC3300]everlasting covenant[/color][/b] between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth".

I highlighted in red the "everlasting covenant" that God made with every creature. Please note that word Everlasting and with every creature that is upon the earth, man and beast.

2005/5/2 21:55

Re: Wisdom and Light

Ironman wrote:

Quote:
Don't make light of the wisdom of God

I covet the Wisdom of God more highly then anything in God's word.

I KNOW AND I AM PERSUADED THAT BIBLE PROPHECIES ARE IN THE PAST. (I am not yelling)

You can't convince me otherwise.

Listen my precious brother, I believed in what you are presenting. I taught it, and I ran with it. Until the Holy Spirit showed me Daniel 9:27 that the HE that made a covenant with many for one week is none other then our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ.

By believing this to be true, this is also where the teaching of the 7 year peace treaty that everyone misconstrude as the 'he' being an antichrist making a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. And it is here that everyone gets thier 7 years of great tribulation.

So as you can see my brother, I cannot believe in this peace treaty when there is no peace treaty to be had in this verse.

Christ came to confirm the Abrahamic covenant that God made with Abraham with many for one week and in the midst of that week Christ caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. But the Jews continued on with the sacrifices ignoring Christ atonement and those sacrifices became an abomination. Which anyone can read in Isaiah: 1

"Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an [b][color=CC3300]abomination[/color][/b] unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood."

I know what you are saying.

We both know that if we live godly in this life, we shall suffer persecuation. In this world today many suffer persecution, many are in great tribulation, because many are the affliction of the righteous but the LORD delivereth them out of them all.

There are people today in other countries that are being killed, if we were to ask them, the "great tribulation is coming", they would say to you, "It's already here".

Karl

2005/5/2 22:19
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Healingwaters

Quote:
So as you can see my brother, I cannot believe in this peace treaty when there is no peace treaty to be had in this verse.

I know this was to Ironman. But I just want to point out that this claim is not in my article, "Looking to Rome for the Antichrist."

Reference to the abomination of desolation is. It is used in reference to 2 Thess. 2. What say you of the man of sin sitting in the temple, showing himself to be God? Is that not the abomination of desolation?

Do you have a website where you deal with this. I am always open to hear Scripture.

Blessings,

RT

2005/5/2 22:32Profile

Re: desolations

The abomination of desolation is the same as "the abomination that maketh desolate". The abomination was the Roman army, when the Christians of that day saw Titus standing in the holy place that was the sign to leave Jerusalem and flee to the mountains because great tribualation did come to that city.

If anyone would like to know more about the horrific and catastrophic events that took place at that time, read Josephus. In his Annals of Jewish history he will tell you of eye witness accounts of what happened then, and also what was taking place in the clouds and other signs that were taking place before that great and notable Day of the LORD. I believe God had this man Josephus write these accounts. There is one small paragraph that speaks of Jesus when He was alive in that day.

Received text there are great sites on this, I encourage you to go to www.preterist.org and also www.lightofthecity.com and http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/index.html

Karl

2005/5/2 23:37
IRONMAN

Re:

Karl
i'm not trying to convince of you anything. I'm just saying that this is what God has been showing me in the spirit lately. The seals are about to be broken, the trumpets are about to be blown and the vials are about to be poured out onto the earth. We disagree on this and so we'll just leave it at that. I'm doing what God told me to do, warn of the impending tribulation.

Be ye ready brethren

2005/5/2 23:41Profile

Re: Ironside

I have asked you, where is the 7 year peace treaty that an antichrist will make with Israel, where is the 7 year tribulation in scripture?

But as regarding what you are seeing in the Spirit, I am not alarmed. I know what the LORD is doing, He is using those to awaken the body. Even tho those scriptures are fulfilled, yet because there is nothing new under the sun, those same scriptures will hold true for us today.

For example, this past prophetic messages that rang out in the early church, "come out from among her and be ye seperate and touch not the unclean thing".

Even tho this is past, yet it still holds true for us today regarding the world the flesh and the devil.

I am not completely close minded regarding these verses of scriptures.

I have a brother here in this city who says that God is speaking to him about what the Goat stands for in Daniel.

G-Global, O-Operations, A-Against, T-Terrorism.

Well I almost died laughing, and any bible student knows that that was a world superpower I believe it was Greece if I am not mistaken.

But regardless of all that, God is preparing hearts, and yes difficult times are ahead, and again, even though this scripture is fulfilled, yet it can be used again when it says, "and they that know thier God, shall do exploits".

Speaking of difficult days, we have had many era's of difficult days in the past. There is nothing new under the sun. All have been done, all have been spoken and all has been fulfilled.

Has anyone read Tommy Hicks vision for the end of this age (not the end of the world) there will diffently be exploits. Do a google search string with the quotes, "Tommy Hicks Vision"

2005/5/3 0:14

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy