SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Amen Ginnyrose!

2014/11/23 20:15Profile
KPYee

Re:

Preachers like Hagee and Lindsey are a complete disgrace to Christ. Those who close their eyes to their sins and defend them are themselves clearly carnal Christians. Sins like adultery are not of the same category as an occasional angry outburst which is lapse of weakness inherent in human nature that afflicts even sanctified Christians. Adultery is a deliberate sin. It can only come about by allowing lust to germinate in the heart for substantial period of time . There is no forgiveness for deliberate sins in the Bible that are not fully repented of with complete restitution. Those who indulge in such sins run the risks of becoming totally impervious to the grace of God if they are not yet already beyond redemption. Frankly I will never want to be in the position of these reprobates when I face Christ.

2014/11/23 20:52Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

“For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.” That’s true. He is telling you that there’s no more sacrifice for sins; now, he is not saying that you will not be forgiven, but he’s telling you that’s there’s no more sacrifice for sins.

2014/11/23 22:03Profile
Sree

Re:

There is fine line between being judgmental and to have wisdom (discernment) to not associate with false brothern.
No one wants to judge these false preachers as hell goers. But their sins cannot be compared with a true believers falling for lust. There is a difference between cat falling into dirty water and a pig taking bath in dirty water. Cat quickly cleans up and purifies itself. But pigs love dirt. A person who shows no sign of repentance is a pig not cat. So they are toally unconverted. Jesus clearly said a man who divorces a women and lives with another is living a life of adultery. This is like pig living in gutter.

God has to give up on someone to be able to commit adultery with his fellow Church women. I believe before these things happened to such men there would have been cases of lustful eyes which were never fixed through repentance. I am assuming these men were once saved. If not they never had any conviction of sin.

We need wisdom or discernment to stay away from such false teacher. Apostle John says he touched and felt life in Jesus. If we choose someone as a teacher make sure they have a transperent life like Jesus had ("Come and see"). Preachers or pastors who have this ministry that says only come and listen but not see are false. It is better to not hear them.

2014/11/24 4:11Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

... but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, WHAT IS THAT TO YOU?” John 21.23b

...But we urge you, brothers (and sisters), to do this more and more, and to aspire TO LIVE QUIETLY, AND TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, That you may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that you may have lack of nothing. 1 Thess 4:10-12

Micah 6:8 says that “He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but TO DO JUSTICE, and TO LOVE KINDNESS, and TO WALK HUMBLY WITH YOUR GOD?”

/////

I have deferred to Greg's wisdom on the matter and removed everything but the Scripture references.

2014/11/24 4:48Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

The pride in this thread absolutely stinks.

Just curious, have you not judged some people here proud, when they actually show discernment based on YOUR UNDERSTANDING of Bible?
By judging certain posters here you have contradicted your own argument against judgmentalism.

Quote:

So what these people aren't living according to your understanding of the Bible??

What if certain people are posting things that are judgmental according to your understanding of Bible? Why do you care to judge them as proud?

Again, I know you will quick to start a fight (based on historical posting habits), but just finding your post very much contradicting. Thats all. It is good to have a polite language here rather than using a street fight language.

Forgive me if I have hurt your logics.

2014/11/24 5:15Profile
Sree

Re:

1 Cor 5- It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst.

Apostle Paul did not answer the person who reported that there is Immorality in the Church saying "why dont you mind your business?". Instead he is rebuking those who kept quiet by saying they are arrogant. May be Apostle's Paul's is proud here?

Paul further says, "But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?"

There is a difference between Christain judging an unbeliever and a Christian discerning a brother as false because his life is filled with Adultery. Paul knew the difference. Jesus did not judge the women who was unconverted and lived with 5 husbands. She was of the world. Jesus showed her the way to life. But what about those who proclaim to know the way to life by standing in Pulpit but still live like the uncoverted Samaritan women?

Divorce is a very sensitive topic. I have an understanding which is very biblical, if I express my understanding using clear scripture there will be many who will get offended here. It is good to deal each case of Divorce separately, case by case with mature thinking. We cannot generalize all.

But someone falling in Adultery continuosly while being a professing Christian Preacher, still willing to divorce his spouse to marry the other women is different. Do you think Apostle Paul will be happy to sit and eat with such a person? Will he tell mind your business to other fellow brothers who have discernment?

2014/11/24 5:35Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Dear Lisa,

This issue of not judging or judging righteously is often a point of contention in itself. Some thinking we should not make any sort of judgment at all and others who see there is a place for calling sin, sin and judging those who claim to profess Christ, but continue in a lifestyle of sin as false.

Can I point out to you that you have just passed judgement on those you think are in pride for making a judgement! Seems a bit of a contradiction.:) Why is it OK to pass judgement on motives that cannot be known, but wrong to make judgement on sin in the body of Christ that we are commanded to do?

Is it none of our business? I would suggest it is our business if a professed Christian minister of the gospel is in clear open sin to call it for what it is. Is this distortion of 'do not judge' the reason that sin is so common and accepted in the church today.

What does Jesus actually say about how to judge a false prophet coming in sheep's clothing?

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

“You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

“Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

“A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

“Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
(Matt 7:15-20).

So we are to make a judgement based on fruit, so we can beware them. Interestingly it is not what they say, but what they do!

Why is it such an important issue? Well if someone cannot remain faithful or trustworthy to their wives (or husband), how can they be considered faithful to Christ and trustworthy in anything they say? Even more so in a high profile public position when speaking on behalf of Christ and receiving funds to support a ministry do they need to have integrity. Is there a place of repentance and forgiveness? Yes, but it has to be true repentance and turning from the sin. At the very least they have forfeited their right to be a minister of Christ in any shape or form.

2014/11/24 6:03Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

Intercession is the business of Jesus
Accusation is the business of the 'Accuser of the brethren'

Which one is being displayed in this thread?

Russell

2014/11/24 6:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment WITHOUT MERCY will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment." - James 2:12-13

"It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." - Luke 16:17-19

Is it possible for God to have mercy on remarriage, yes. Is remarriage a sin, it does appear our Lord clearly shows it as transgression. Are many ignorant of it being a transgression, yes. It goes beyond scripture to state that every remarriage is in perpetual adultery. Though the Lord knows the hearts of each person in each case.

Overall we must have mercy on individuals and allow the Lord Himself to help them see it as not ideal and sin and for God to show the way of repentance. I do believe God does not lead all couples in this case to dissolve the union, I believe that is actually not usually the case. God has mercy.

2014/11/24 7:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy