SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Old Covenant Was Faulty! - Please read the rewrite below.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Old Covenant Was Faulty! - Please read the rewrite below.

Heb. 8:7, “For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.”

There would have no need for a New Covenant if the old one could have worked.

Let's examine the reasons why the Old Covenant was faulty.

The Old Covenant consisted it God giving the law, but the law was never intended or designed by God to be the solution for the problem for mankind's condition or sin.

The law is like a mirror that exposes our sinfulness to us clearly, even arousing it so that we have conscious awareness of our sin. If I look in a mirror and see that I need a shave, the mirror can not shave me. The mirror can only show me the fact I need shaving.

The law is ONLY a diagnostic tool to show what was wrong but it has NO power or ability to fix the real issue. When I get an x-ray, it can only show things - it has no ability or power to fix or solve anything. The law does not and can give us any power or ability to overcome or fix the sin that it exposes.

The problem with this Covenant of the law was that it totally depended on mankind to keep their part by obeying it. We all know that man broke it and did not continue in this Covenant. They where all unfaithful and broke this Covenant.

Many people actually thought that they could improve their sinful condition and keep the law to please God, so God gave the law in order that they would recognize the fact that they were totally helpless and without any strength to ever please him, or be holy and righteous.

God's ONLY purpose of this Covenant was to fully expose man's true guilt and sinful condition. It was NEVER intended to solve these issues.

Now the law does these things. It shows us that we really have sin, that we are accountable to God for it and that we are NOT able to fix the problem by our efforts.

This prepares us to look for a Savior since we see our helpless situation. We are not to use the law to seek right standing with God:

"For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law." Romans 3:28 ESV)

"For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.' But the law is not of faith, rather 'The one who does them shall live by them.'"(Galatians 3:10-12 ESV)

"Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.' But the law is not of faith, rather 'The one who does them shall live by them.' Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree" - so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:11-14 ESV)

Now many people think that trusting in Christ is a passive state where they are totally inactive. This is a deception and a lie. When you understand the work of the Spirit, you can see why not working but believing leads us to do good works and not to be idle or passive. If you are now idle or inactive then you have totally missed what the Spirit of Christ is attempting to show you.

Now many people see and know that they are unable to keep the law and then give up all efforts to keep it but this does NOT save them. A person can give up self effort without trusting in Christ. We all must trust in Christ and His Life to experience true freedom from sin.

Faith in Christ alone causes all the glory to go to God. This isn't just a matter of us being justified. It's a matter of worship.

"Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law." (Romans 3:27- 28 ESV)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)

"God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.'" (1 Corinthians 1:28-31 ESV)

So faith in Christ alone makes us true worshipers because we have no boast in ourselves, thus Paul says:

"For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—" (Philippians 3:3 ESV)

So what is the lawful use of the Law?

It's to be used to show us our accountability before a Holy God. We didn't do just bad things. There are consequences for our actions. We broke actual laws.

It's not to be used ever as a means to justification - before or after being born again.

It's to be used to show us our helpless bondage to sin apart from Christ.

It's not to be used as a means to receiving the power of the Holy Spirit to walk in new Life.

The law can never forgive sin, make anyone holy, righteous, perfect, or give Christ's Life.

Can you see what Paul saw?; “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4 ESV)

The Scripture points to Christ alone!

The law shows us our helplessness, but the Spirit makes us able. Paul says in Romans 7 that the Law gave him the knowledge of his internal sinfulness, that is, covetous desires, and that he was unable to stop obeying them. This was the cause for turning to Christ alone. Here the promised Spirit causes us to walk in obedience with His fruits.

Gal. 3:21; "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Since we are DEAD with Christ we are NOW totally free from the law and all ought's and should's.

Col. 2:20-23; "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."

Gal. 2:16-21; "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Gal. 3:1-7; "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham."

Gal. 4:4-11; "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."

Romans 9:31-33; "But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

Romans 10:3-4; "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

Gal. 5:1; "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

In my past, I believed that righteousness was a free gift but because my understanding of the law and grace wasn't established yet, so in the moment of temptation, I would shift from trusting Christ alone for acceptance and trusted in my efforts to overcome my evil passions. I didn't realize that this was the very thing keeping me in bondage to those evil passions because the Spirit doesn't work while our mind is set on the flesh by trusting in ones self.

I saw God's love when the Holy Spirit revealed to me that He wasn't putting the responsibility of keeping the law on me. He never intended for me to keep the law. The law could ONLY show me my helpless bondage to sin so that I would see my need for His Son. He did not give it so I would try harder, which doesn't honor Christ.

God wanted me to freely turn to His Son and behold the glory of His love for me in the face of His Son. When I saw this, I immediately turned to Him, for I am born again and desire to live by faith. I just needed to be established in the truth and that is what I desire for you.

This is the secret for true obedience, when you see any need any wrong desire, any sin or defect in yourself do not attempt to correct it in your own strength or efforts. Doing this will only keep you in bondage and makes God's solution ineffectual for you. When you see your need, IMMEDIATELY look to Christ who is your LIFE HE is the ONLY true solution.

2014/11/12 12:49
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: The Old Covenant Was Faulty!

tuc: Enjoyed the post. You are right. We cannot expect to overcome the flesh by the flesh. This is why Paul says in Romans 7, "What the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh..." The commandments of God were just, holy, and righteous. But we were carnal and sold under sin with no ability to keep them.

When we realize that it is only through the power of the Spirit of God that we have any chance of victory, we throw off dependence on our own flesh and effort and fall on the grace of God for both forgiveness and empowerment to victory. This realization is the key to a victorious life in Christ. It is now not I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.

2014/11/12 13:27Profile

\Where is your trust?

Each of us must ask this of ourselves, am I trying to do my best to be worthy of the Spirit's help, or am I trusting in Christ alone as the reason why the Father supplies His Spirit? What do you trust in the secret place of your heart while being tempted by evil?

It is so key to understand that we need the Spirit to bear good fruit but that the Spirit does not work while we presently trust in our works to be accepted by God. What we presently trust is so key. We must truly allow ourselves to be freely accepted, to be freely loved by God.

2014/11/12 14:11
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: \Where is your trust?

Tuc, the latter part of your OP points something out that resounds in me. Pride!! For years as I lived in Christ, when temptation came and failure to escape it followed, I would heap guilt on myself for not living up to God's Way. And, I still fail at times to live His Way. But, then, my guilt was condemnation for failing to "be good enough". It wasn't genuine conviction at having sinned against my Father, it wasn't genuine conviction at having deliberately behaved in a way that left me short of His Way. It was a self-inflicted wound of false piety that only compounded the sin instead of dealing with it in Truth. So, I sinned, and then "repented" of it by applying Pride as the balm!!

So many brothers, in particular, who deal with ongoing sinful practices and are stuck in the sin-sorrow-condemnation-try harder-sin again loop are broken down and many simply leave the faith. I can testify that once upon a time, a work was done by the Holy Ghost in my heart. I was changed within. And, God was faithful to me as He is faithful to Himself, and He showed me His way and I came to love His way and to love Him in the process. Now, I know that if I sin -- yes, I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus the righteous -- and with that Advocate I have the Holy Spirit who speaks to my soul and says, "This is not the way of the one who loves you, not the way of the one you love; find the way and walk in it. Walk away from death." And, praise God -- I do. I do -- and my doing then is actually HIS doing. He lives in me, as the other brother posted from Galatians 2.

God has made me to see and live. And, I am completely wiped out by that fact. Nothing good dwells in my flesh still! But, praise God, His goodness is given to me so that I CAN do the works that He established beforehand that we do to His glory. I do because He loves me and lives in me and gives His life to me.

Wow --- that felt like testimony service!! :)

2014/11/12 15:27Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Tim: I really appreciate your post here. I too have seen this pattern played out in lives time and time again. Pride is simply self-focus. A person that is overly shy is just as self-focused as a person who is overly boastful. When we constantly turn our eyes on ourself, we are self-centered and will reap the fruit of our own flesh. When we can turn our eyes on Christ and rely on His power, we become Christ-centered and can reap the fruit of His power.

2014/11/12 15:51Profile
brothagary

Re:

No i think you will find the law was not faulty ,,the bible said the covenent was faulty and then god says .And finding fault WITH them ,,,the jews were faulty it was there end of the covenent ,,the bible says the law was holy

2014/11/13 1:00Profile
brothagary

Re:

7For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8For finding fault with them,

2014/11/13 1:04Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

No i think you will find the law was not faulty ,,the bible said the covenent was faulty and then god says .And finding fault WITH them ,,,the jews were faulty it was there end of the covenent ,,the bible says the law was holy

Exactly, that is the point discussed in that verse. Law is not faulty. Covenant is made between 2 people not just one. When God made covenant with Israel both God and Israel were involved. Since Israel was faulty the covenant became faulty. Law is good and it is the God's standard.

Let me explain this with an illustration. Suppose my 2 year old daughter sees my bike and asks for it. And I gift her the bike, then she tries to ride like me but fails continuously and then she tells me the bike is faulty then is it acceptable? It is because my daughter is not big enough to ride it. Men are not strong enough to reach God's standard. But when God's spirit is working inside us then we can meet his standard.

Now living by New Covenant does not mean living lawless. The very first like of New Covenant promise in Hebrews 8:10 which is equivalent of Exodus 20 says that 'I will write my laws into your mind and heart'. So the Laws are still valid but God is working inside us to keep it.

Whenever we fall in new covenant life we have to repent and fall at the feet of Jesus. We have to acknowledge that we failed to ask his Grace at the time of temptation. If we had asked we will get. Just because we did not ask we did not get. It is simple pride and self confidence and love of sin.

2014/11/13 3:20Profile

Re: brothagary

7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them,"

Yes I totally agree that the law is perfect and it was mankind’s fault. The problem was mankind did not see or know its fault so God gave the law to show how faulty everyone truly was.

The point I was attempting to make was that the law was given ONLY to reveal mankind’s sinful condition and their need for a Savior. It was NOT given as a solution to the problem of sin.

The law is ONLY a diagnostic tool to show what was wrong but it has NO power or ability to fix the real issue.

The law can never forgive sin, make anyone holy, righteous, perfect, or give Christ's Life.

It's not to be used ever as a means to justification - before or after being born again.

2014/11/13 6:43

Re: God Used The Law To Show That Mankind Was Faulty.

Here is the rewrite.

God Used The Law To Show That Mankind Was Faulty.

Heb. 8:7-8, "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them ...".

The Old Covenant consisted in God giving the law, but the law was never intended or designed by God to be the solution for the problem for mankind's condition or sin.

The law is like a mirror that exposes our sinfulness to us clearly, even arousing it so that we have conscious awareness of our sin. If I look in a mirror and see that I need a shave, the mirror can not shave me. The mirror can only show me the fact I need shaving.

The law is ONLY a diagnostic tool to show what was wrong but it has NO power or ability to fix the real issue. When I get an x-ray, it can only show things - it has no ability or power to fix or solve anything. The law does not and can give us any power or ability to overcome or fix the sin that it exposes.

This Covenant of the law was totally dependent on mankind faithfulness to keep their part by obeying it. We all know that man broke it and did not continue in this Covenant. They where all unfaithful and broke this Covenant.

Many people actually thought that they could improve their sinful condition and keep the law to please God, so God gave the law in order that they would recognize the fact that they were totally helpless and without any strength to ever please him, or be holy and righteous.

God's ONLY purpose of this Covenant was to fully expose man's true guilt and sinful condition. It was NEVER intended to solve these issues.

Now the law does these things. It shows us that we really have sin, that we are accountable to God for it and that we are NOT able to fix the problem by our efforts.

This prepares us to look for a Savior since we see our helpless situation. We are not to use the law to seek right standing with God:

"For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law." Romans 3:28 ESV)

"For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.' But the law is not of faith, rather 'The one who does them shall live by them.'"(Galatians 3:10-12 ESV)

"Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.' But the law is not of faith, rather 'The one who does them shall live by them.' Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree" - so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:11-14 ESV)

Now many people think that trusting in Christ is a passive state where they are totally inactive. This is a deception and a lie. When you understand the work of the Spirit, you can see why not working but believing leads us to do good works and not to be idle or passive. If you are now idle or inactive then you have totally missed what the Spirit of Christ is attempting to show you.

Now many people see and know that they are unable to keep the law and then give up all efforts to keep it but this does NOT save them. A person can give up self effort without trusting in Christ. We all must trust in Christ and His Life to experience true freedom from sin.

Faith in Christ alone causes all the glory to go to God. This isn't just a matter of us being justified. It's a matter of worship.

"Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law." (Romans 3:27- 28 ESV)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)

"God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.'" (1 Corinthians 1:28-31 ESV)

So faith in Christ alone makes us true worshipers because we have no boast in ourselves, thus Paul says:

"For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—" (Philippians 3:3 ESV)

So what is the lawful use of the Law?

It's to be used to show us our accountability before a Holy God. We didn't do just bad things. There are consequences for our actions. We broke actual laws.

It's to be used to show us our helpless bondage to sin apart from Christ.

It's not to be used as a means to receiving the power of the Holy Spirit to walk in new Life.

Can you see what Paul saw?; "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:4 ESV)

The Scripture points to Christ alone!

The law shows us our helplessness, but the Spirit makes us able. Paul says in Romans 7 that the Law gave him the knowledge of his internal sinfulness, that is, covetous desires, and that he was unable to stop obeying them. This was the cause for turning to Christ alone. Here the promised Spirit causes us to walk in obedience with His fruits.

Gal. 3:21; "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Since we are DEAD with Christ we are NOW totally free from the law and all ought's and should's.

Col. 2:20-23; "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."

Gal. 2:16-21; "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Gal. 3:1-7; "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham."

Gal. 4:4-11; "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."

Romans 9:31-33; "But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

Romans 10:3-4; "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

Gal. 5:1; "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

In my past, I believed that righteousness was a free gift but because my understanding of the law and grace wasn't established yet, so in the moment of temptation, I would shift from trusting Christ alone for acceptance and trusted in my efforts to overcome my evil passions. I didn't realize that this was the very thing keeping me in bondage to those evil passions because the Spirit doesn't work while our mind is set on the flesh by trusting in ones self.

I saw God's love when the Holy Spirit revealed to me that He wasn't putting the responsibility of keeping the law on me. He never intended for me to keep the law. The law could ONLY show me my helpless bondage to sin so that I would see my need for His Son. He did not give it so I would try harder, which doesn't honor Christ.

God wanted me to freely turn to His Son and behold the glory of His love for me in the face of His Son. When I saw this, I immediately turned to Him, for I am born again and desire to live by faith. I just needed to be established in the truth and that is what I desire for you.

This is the secret for true obedience, when you see any need any wrong desire, any sin or defect in yourself do not attempt to correct it in your own strength or efforts. Doing this will only keep you in bondage and makes God's solution ineffectual for you. When you see your need, IMMEDIATELY look to Christ who is your LIFE. HE is the ONLY true solution.

We can never expect to overcome the flesh by the flesh. This is why Paul says in Romans 7, "What the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh..." The commandments of God were just, holy, and righteous. But we were carnal and sold under sin with no ability to keep them.

When we realize that it is only through the power of the Spirit of God that we have any chance of victory, we throw off dependence on our own flesh and effort and fall on the grace of God for both forgiveness and empowerment to victory. This realization is the key to a victorious life in Christ. It is now not I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.

2014/11/13 8:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy