SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Jesus Mean This Literally?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

We have an example of the Apostle Paul resisting evil men in Acts ch.25.

What we see in this chapter is Paul as a prisoner in Cesarea giving a defence before Felix the governor. He realises that the Jewish High Priest and Religeous leaders are planning to kill him, therefore he appeals to Caesar. Note what he says in verse 11. " If I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death I do not object to dying, but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar."

Back in Acts ch.22 v.22-29 we also see Paul question the legality of being scourged as he was a Roman citizen. His appeal to the law of Rome got him off and that was what led him to being taken into prison at Cesarea and then eventually Rome, and his later execution. The point is that there are times that it was right for him to resist evil (not with force) and he acceptec his eventual destiny only when he knew it was God's will for this.

Was Paul wrong in these things?

2014/8/8 16:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear--

Being slapped is one thing. Being murdered or raped is another. I don't see Jesus instructing on that.

2014/8/8 16:10Profile

Re:

So TMK what about rape or murder. Did Jesus Mean literally that we are not to resist an evil person or love our enemies or was this just filler?

Bear

2014/8/8 17:10

Re:

Brethren let me put the question this way. Can you see Jesus packing a Sig Sauer with a conceal and carry permit. With the rational to protect his family.

Bear

2014/8/8 17:13
brothagary

Re:

bare not having a wife or children will make it imposable for you to under stand what it means for us to protect them ,to protect the inocent ,, do we turn the other cheak when your child is being raped in nour frount yard ,,or do i go out there and kick the shit out of the evil man ,and save the child from posable muder

jesus spoke of chruch and pesonal conduct ,,he didnt aply that to national security .like many amish do

amish people a reaping the secruity and peace of a nation that is willing to die ,so that our prays are answered ,that we may live a quite and peace full life as paul said,,and at the same time comdeming those who make to posable for them to live the quite and peace life they love ,,it is ludacrus to not in some way suport those whom god uses to answer our peace prayers

2014/8/8 17:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

All I am saying Bear is that Jesus did not instruct what to do to an evil person who is attempting to murder maim or rape your family.

He said to love your enemies and do good to those who persecute you. He did not tell us to stop loving our families in the process.

Like I said being slapped or spit upon whe sharing your faith and turning the other cheek is one thing. I think that is what Jesus was talking about. You can't take that instruction and turn it into the idea that we must lay down and allow loved ones to be killed by evil men if we can prevent it.

Let me ask you this. If you were in church and a dear brother was preaching and a mad man rushed the pulpit with the obvious intent to do great harm to the brother preaching, would you intervene if you could?

2014/8/8 17:56Profile
brothagary

Re:

chriistians and muslims are being slaughterd by radical jehadists wright now thousands are being lined up and exa cuted ,,these evil man have taken over iraks lagests city

watch the horror or 1500 being killied like dogs muslims going to hell becasue other muslims what them dead for resisting tthe evil resign

this is the worst thing iv ever seen http://shoebat.com/2014/07/29/rare-footage-muslims-create-literal-river-human-blood-butchering-1500-innocent-people/

2014/8/8 17:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Also....

http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/52128/20140806/chaldean-christian-leader-isis-systematically-beheading-children-in-iraq.htm

2014/8/8 19:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Let me state plainly:

If Jesus was near a child and a man with a sword intended to behead that child, I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have done what he could to protect the child.

How could a person NOT think that?

2014/8/8 19:17Profile

Re:

TMK I find it interesting when these discussions come up there are the what if sceneries that are brought up.

Let me ask you and others in this forum. Is God not capable of protecting His own?/ Does he need our help in keeping a fire arm in the home to protect a Christ centered family?

God has said that the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him. Jesus did not need Peter`s sword to protect Him. He could appeal to His Father who would have given Him 12 legions of angels. Yet He gave His life so that we could have salvation.

Do you or others not believe God can protect those who ask Him for such? Do We feel we need a Gluck tucked inside our belt for protection when God has angels for protection?

Either His Word is true or not? Either we believe it or not? Either Jesus really means we love our enemies or we disobey Him.

My thoughts.

Bearnaster

2014/8/8 19:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy